PDA

View Full Version : Yao Ming tackled

JasperDog94
03-06-2007, 08:46 AM
If this isn't a foul, then the NBA should just save the money they spend on officials.:mad: :mad:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pt9So1GpsPs

I'm really glad Yao wasn't seriously hurt.

Who-dun-it!!?
03-06-2007, 09:30 AM
looked painful to me.

JasperDog94
03-06-2007, 09:39 AM
As he was falling, I thought "Uh oh. Here we go again." But he looked more mad than anything once he got up.

Mace Griffin
03-06-2007, 10:18 AM
tackled um hardly it didnt look like much contact at all. To me it looks like Yao is just clumsy...

oh and the lebron james alley oop on the other end of that was pretty nice

Gobbla2001
03-06-2007, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Mace Griffin
tackled um hardly it didnt look like much contact at all. To me it looks like Yao is just clumsy...

oh and the lebron james alley oop on the other end of that was pretty nice

it was an obvious blocking foul... the clumsiest player was the one who went for the ball... he was falling down and still went for the ball... much contact or not, that is still a blocking foul and should be called...

but I think it sent a good message to Yao, just because his knee is hurt doesn't mean he's gunna be getting better calls any time soon...

Txbroadcaster
03-06-2007, 10:26 AM
ok the announcers need to learn what a tackle is..That was not even CLOSE to being a tackle.

The guy slipped as he was going to the ball and Yao ran over his fallen body..Could it have been a blocking foul..prob..but it was NOT a tackle, and not even close to one

coach
03-06-2007, 10:29 AM
that was anunbelieveable dunk by "the king" i think yao felt that one as his clumsy butt was lying on the other end

JasperDog94
03-06-2007, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by coach
that was anunbelieveable dunk by "the king" i think yao felt that one as his clumsy butt was lying on the other end I'm just curious why you are such a "Rocket hater".:confused:

JasperDog94
03-06-2007, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
ok the announcers need to learn what a tackle is..That was not even CLOSE to being a tackle.

The guy slipped as he was going to the ball and Yao ran over his fallen body..Could it have been a blocking foul..prob..but it was NOT a tackle, and not even close to one Come on now TX. Surely you've seen someone get tackled by the legs in your time.

At the very least the guy was going for a steal and took Yao's legs out from under him.

District303aPastPlayer
03-06-2007, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Come on now TX. Surely you've seen someone get tackled by the legs in your time.

At the very least the guy was going for a steal and took Yao's legs out from under him.

yeah... that wasn't a foul... it happens all the time during games... but yao is just larger than alot of the other players when it happens

Txbroadcaster
03-06-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Come on now TX. Surely you've seen someone get tackled by the legs in your time.

He did not tackle him..he made NO attempt to tackle him..his one arm was going for the ball and he slipped in front of Yao..BIG difference in that and a tackle. The announcers were making it sound like the guy intentionally brought Yao down

neck_06
03-06-2007, 11:39 AM
i agree with bill worrell totally when he said "If you touch Lebron he goes to the line, but Yao gets takled and no foul is called."

big daddy russ
03-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Not a foul. Blocking foul happens when someone's feet are moving. Ilgauskas was already falling down backwards when Yao took his first step. Nothing he could do.

Txbroadcaster
03-06-2007, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
i agree with bill worrell totally when he said "If you touch Lebron he goes to the line, but Yao gets takled and no foul is called."

Lebron goes to the line an average of 9 times a game..Yao 8.3 so not alot of difference

Gobbla2001
03-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Not a foul. Blocking foul happens when someone's feet are moving. Ilgauskas was already falling down backwards when Yao took his first step. Nothing he could do.

well nothing was intentional, but whether he fell or not it seemed that it wouldn't have ended the way it did had he not gone across Yao's body for the ball... not blocking foul, that is correct, but you have to call a foul I think...

Emerson1
03-06-2007, 07:33 PM
That is a lifetime suspension if it's Dwade.