Gsquared
03-05-2007, 09:41 PM
Did they ever hire?

Matthew328
03-05-2007, 09:45 PM
yeah they hired the Rockwall OC...not sure of his name

Gsquared
03-05-2007, 09:51 PM
Oh ok, that went on for a while. Wonder if B44 knows who he is?

Gobbla2001
03-05-2007, 11:12 PM
the only thing that matters is whether or not their McDonald's serves Spicy McChickens...

If not, people who live in Gatesville should be ashamed of themselves...

Gobbla2001
03-05-2007, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
the only thing that matters is whether or not their McDonald's serves Spicy McChickens...

If not, people who live in Gatesville should be ashamed of themselves...

(okay, NM, Cuero's AD/HC is from Gatesville, they get a pass)

JR2004
03-05-2007, 11:23 PM
(okay, NM, Cuero's AD/HC is from Gatesville, they get a pass)

He sure is. Gatesville's staff was there rooting for him in 2004 at Floyd Casey against Wylie and the two schools almost wound up playing each other in 2005 when both had games wiped out that regular season.

Gobbla2001
03-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
and the two schools almost wound up playing each other in 2005 when both had games wiped out that regular season.

I remember that... rumors about who they'd play went around like wildfire...

he happened to be chowin' down at the same time I was at a BBQ place in Cuero this past season, saw his truck and judging by the dealership sticker he bought it in Gainesville...

Glad they're lettin' us have this guy for a while... Great coach and great man...

JR2004
03-05-2007, 11:51 PM
I remember that... rumors about who they'd play went around like wildfire...

he happened to be chowin' down at the same time I was at a BBQ place in Cuero this past season, saw his truck and judging by the dealership sticker he bought it in Gainesville...

Glad they're lettin' us have this guy for a while... Great coach and great man...

Reeve is a pretty good coach from everything Morgan's ever said about him. I still think Cuero would've won that game at Floyd Casey if Cooper could've stayed on the field long enough. Just wasn't meant to be I guess that night.

I talked to Morgan that week when they tried to play each other and if memory serves me correct the main stumbling block was finding a suitable place they could play at that was halfway between the two. They just couldn't get everything worked out in time.

If it's the dealership I'm thinking of (the exact name just escapes me) in Gatesville I believe they used to be one of the advertisers for the broadcasts I did down there for several years. Real good dealership that Reeve got his truck from.

Gobbla2001
03-05-2007, 11:56 PM
Ha, I said "Gainesville"... my bad... a really good friend of mine I play guitar with atleast twice every week has family in Gatesville... weird...

I think another big stumbling block in that Cuero/Gatesville matchup was how many Cuero people were LEAVING Cuero because of hurricane Rita... a lot of the players' parents were jettin', and they were takin' their kids with 'em (being only 60 miles off-coast, a direct hit east, southeast or northeast of Cuero would have still rocked the place)...

JR2004
03-05-2007, 11:59 PM
I think another big stumbling block in that Cuero/Gatesville matchup was how many Cuero people were LEAVING Cuero because of hurricane Rita... a lot of the players' parents were jettin', and they were takin' their kids with 'em (being only 60 miles off-coast, a direct hit east, southeast or northeast of Cuero would have still rocked the place)...

It sure would have done a lot of damage. I have some family that lives kind of down in that general direction in Seguin and I believe they told me a lot of that area down there can easily get flooded and there has been some bad flooding since they moved there a few years back.