PDA

View Full Version : My Trip to the Girls State Championships

kepdawg
03-05-2007, 02:20 PM
2A: Winnsboro and Poth

For a minute I thought Bill Belichick was coaching Winnsboro. Let's just say Winnsboro's coach was dressed quite comfortably. On more than one occasion it appeared that Winnsboro was going to run away with the game. Poth did what they needed to and stayed in it until the end. #23 for Poth hit the big shots when they were needed most and was the obvious MVP of the game. I hated that somebody had to lose that game. I hated walking the concourse on the Winnsboro side after the game. I hate seeing kids in tears because their classmates lost a game. Part of it doesn't make sense to me. But I understand it all too well. Congrats to Poth for never giving up and taking home another championship!

4A: Dickinson and Fort Worth Dunbar

As expected Dunbar was in control the whole way. Dunbar's point guard put on quite a show. I was somewhat disappointed with the performance of Pope. I'm sure if needed she could have dominated the game. She did have some flashy plays, but I was really hoping to see a dunk. I'm sure Pope will be looking to lead Dunbar back to Austin next year. Congrats to Dunbar!

1A: Garden City and Nazareth

Ok, where is Garden City? I've never heard of it. Why were some Naz fans wearing corn on their head? Nazareth needs to share. I don't know how many championships they have won, but I think it's enough. Naz wasn't "impressive." They just came out and got the job done. Congrats on taking home another championship.

5A: Cypress Fairbanks and Rockwall

The battle of two nationally ranked teams didn't disappoint. I had seen Rockwall once, so I had a pretty good idea what to expect from them. I hadn't seen or even heard much about Cy Fair. The game was amazing! Props to the fans of both schools for representing big time. The atmosphere was amazing! At times I thought Rockwall was going to throw the game away, literally. Cy Fair's press wasn't strong, but Rockwall seemed like they had never seen a press. Rockwall didn't do anything flashy, but they did enough to get the job done. I'm sure the experience gained last year didn't hurt. Cy Fair's big girls were unbelievable. Their ability to run the court as well as hit the outside shot was impressive. Cy Fair will be back in Austin next year. Congrats to Rockwall!

Misc. Notes:

I didn't make it to Austin in time for the 1st two games, that is why there is nothing about them.

The seating at the Frank Erwin Center is not good for long term viewing. My knees were in a lot of pain afterwards.

I think I am in love with the Nash girls from Plano West.

Poth's girls know how to wear jeans.

Austin traffic is horrible no matter what time or day it is!

burnet44
03-05-2007, 02:40 PM
Ok, where is Garden City? I've never heard of it.

between Sterling City and Midland
or
Between
San Angelo and Midland

south of Big Spring

filmed a movie there

"Waltz Across Texas"

Waltz Across Texas (http://imdb.com/title/tt0084886/#comment)

Filmed in Midland and Garden City

starred Anne Archer
wife from Basic Instinct

Once did a TV commercial spot for Broncho Chevrolet, a car dealership in Odessa, Texas.

kepdawg
03-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
Ok, where is Garden City? I've never heard of it.

between Sterling City and Midland
or
Between
San Angelo and Midland

south of Big Spring

filmed a movie there

"Waltz Across Texas"

Waltz Across Texas (http://imdb.com/title/tt0084886/#comment)

Filmed in Midland and Garden City

starred Anne Archer
wife from Basic Instinct

Once did a TV commercial spot for Broncho Chevrolet, a car dealership in Odessa, Texas.

Thank you old wise one!

burnet44
03-05-2007, 03:25 PM
yes i am wise
old?
naw just mature lol

Butkus
03-05-2007, 03:28 PM
Garden city is 10 miles east of midland.

kepdawg
03-06-2007, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Butkus
Garden city is 10 miles east of midland.

How on earth did it get that name? There can't be many gardens and it certainly can't be much of a "city!"

ASUFrisbeeStud
03-06-2007, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
How on earth did it get that name? There can't be many gardens and it certainly can't be much of a "city!"

I don't know but I went to a New Years Party there that was a blast, a bunch of rednecks and beer, good times.

thatsminty
03-06-2007, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I don't know but I went to a New Years Party there that was a blast, a bunch of rednecks and beer, good times.

not this past new years...right???

ASUFrisbeeStud
03-06-2007, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by thatsminty
not this past new years...right???

Yes honey it was this past new years.

thatsminty
03-06-2007, 01:47 AM
Yes it was this past new years.

HA-AH-HA

niiiice

p.s. what's up with the namedrop?

ASUFrisbeeStud
03-06-2007, 01:49 AM
HA-AH-HA

niiiice

p.s. what's up with the namedrop?

Fixed that, forgot I can't always do that

thatsminty
03-06-2007, 01:50 AM
Fixed that, forgot I can't always do that

aw you're too kind.
that's nice then.

do you know a guy named Kyle Kinney?

ASUFrisbeeStud
03-06-2007, 01:51 AM
aw you're too kind.
that's nice then.

do you know a guy named Kyle Kinney?

Hmm I don't think so but you never know.

Why for?

thatsminty
03-06-2007, 01:53 AM
Hmm I don't think so but you never know.

Why for?

interesting again.

just asking, no reason...of course there is a reason but since you don't know there's no use in asking any further questions that will result in me having nothing but false answers.

ASUFrisbeeStud
03-06-2007, 01:54 AM
interesting again.

just asking, no reason...of course there is a reason but since you don't know there's no use in asking any further questions that will result in me having nothing but false answers.

Okey dokey