PDA

View Full Version : Brooks Stays in Tyler. Jasper job still open...

Bulldog92
03-05-2007, 12:52 PM
Looks like Farrar still has a shot, but I wonder who else is up for the job...

JasperDog94
03-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Rumor has it that Farrar has had some complaints about the way that he talks to the kids. Some parents have complained that he cusses at the kids.

First, I hope that's not true.

Second, if it is true, he needs to change his habits or find somewhere else to coach because there's no excuse for that.

Bulldog92
03-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Rumor has it that Farrar has had some complaints about the way that he talks to the kids. Some parents have complained that he cusses at the kids.

First, I hope that's not true.

Second, if it is true, he needs to change his habits or find somewhere else to coach because there's no excuse for that.

Yeah...there's absolutely no reason for that and it rarely, if ever, happened back in the days when we were there. I remember hearing rumblings of that being common on the staff in general, but hadn't heard anything in that regard in a few years.

It's really tough to get a read on what we're going to do now, but I'd rather get someone that has run a program somewhere and had some success than someone with no experience. I don't know if Brooks would have been the answer and I know nothing about what Coleman will do now, but this could be the biggest athletic hire he'll ever make and everybody knows that he has to get it right.

Gobbla2001
03-05-2007, 01:27 PM
I remember one of our coaches calling a player a 225 pound p**sy one day... madder 'n all hell...

JasperDog94
03-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I remember one of our coaches calling a player a 225 pound p**sy one day... madder 'n all hell... There's just no reason to do that. If you can't get a kid's attention or get him motivated without cussing, then you need to find a new profession.

Gobbla2001
03-05-2007, 01:34 PM
There's just no reason to do that. If you can't get a kid's attention or get him motivated without cussing, then you need to find a new profession.

what in the @#$@#$ does that mean?

JasperDog94
03-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
what in the @#$@#$ does that mean? That means if you can't motivate a kid without cussing, find another job. (I was assuming that the comment made was made to fire the kid up and get him mad enough to try harder)

Gobbla2001
03-05-2007, 01:42 PM
That means if you can't motivate a kid without cussing, find another job. (I was assuming that the comment made was made to fire the kid up and get him mad enough to try harder)

yah I know what you mean, I'm just joshin' around...

my favorite cursin' coach ever would go into a rant (not gripin' or motivatin', just talking) and would use cuss words and then the "clean" words for those cuss words in the same paragraph...

example:

"We've gotta bust our asses out here, men, because that team over there in that other town is bustin' their butts right now so they can kick yours... offensive line, you gotta block so the runner can get that damn ball into the endzone, because if he doesn't we aint winnin' a dang game... defense, stop sittin' there bull-sh*ttin' around durin' practice, that crap's gotta stop"

we had to hold back the laughter...

kepdawg
03-05-2007, 02:22 PM
It'd be nice if the next coach is a lifer.

JasperDog94
03-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
It'd be nice if the next coach is a lifer. That would be nice, but I'd settle for a winner that was only there for 4-5 years. Especially if we could finally win state.:D