PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Acie

eagles_victory
03-05-2007, 12:03 AM
Kevin Durant big 12 player of the year

bullfrog_alumni_02
03-05-2007, 12:43 AM
congrats!!:clap: tough break for acie though...

neck_06
03-05-2007, 01:40 AM
don't get me wrong, durant is a great player.....but Acie deserved this award. he made everyone around him better.

congrats kevin durant. :clap: :clap:

coach
03-05-2007, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
don't get me wrong, durant is a great player.....but Acie deserved this award. he made everyone around him better.

i dunno about that how can the best player in the nation not get it??? but hopefully acie can win a big 12 title

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-05-2007, 06:16 AM
Acie was the best TEAM player in the nation and made those around him better, Durant was the best INDIVIDUAL talent in the nation. I'm not really bitter about it, Durant is an amazing player and deserved it, I just think it could have just went either way.

jason
03-05-2007, 08:11 AM
so does that cancel out acie law for national player of the year?

and durant also made the all-defensive team...

http://www.big12sports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/030407aac.html

Gobbla2001
03-05-2007, 10:34 AM
I think the thing that separates Durant from Law is not just scoring, but rebounding, blocked shots, steals (yes the big man can steal the ball) and how he can score... Durant can dunk on you, throw a hook shot deep in the post and go up against any big man there... then pull out from NBA range and bury threes...

But the way Law IVIVIVX is so clutch I could understand him getting it as well...

The fact is that A&M and Texas would be in totally different boats right now if they didn't have these two players... A&M in a better boat IMHO...

but Hook 'Em...

Keith7
03-05-2007, 10:47 AM
durant can thank ESPN for winning this

District303aPastPlayer
03-05-2007, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Keith7

Dickie V and Digger....

Adidas410s
03-05-2007, 10:57 AM

yeah...it probably has nothing to do with his stat line in conference:

29 points
12.5 rebounds
2+ steals
1.75 blocks
50.5% FG%
50% 3pt %

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JasperDog94
03-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

29 points
12.5 rebounds
2+ steals
1.75 blocks
50.5% FG%
50% 3pt %

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Now don't go confusing the downlow's #1 Texas hater with all these stats. ;)

KTJ
03-05-2007, 11:25 AM

Acie was the best TEAM player in the nation and made those around him better, Durant was the best INDIVIDUAL talent in the nation. I'm not really bitter about it, Durant is an amazing player and deserved it, I just think it could have just went either way.

Everyone here does realize this is the BIG 12 PLAYER OF THE YEAR which means it was voted on by Big 12 Coaches and not the national media, right?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-05-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Everyone here does realize this is the BIG 12 PLAYER OF THE YEAR which means it was voted on by Big 12 Coaches and not the national media, right?

Yes, I'm completely aware, and I was talking about in the nation as a whole, not just the Big XII. ;)

Gobbla2001
03-05-2007, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

29 points
12.5 rebounds
2+ steals
1.75 blocks
50.5% FG%
50% 3pt %

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

with those type of numbers it's a conspiracy the guy won Big 12 player of the year... every other good player in the Big 12 was hosed...

Adidas410s
03-05-2007, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Now don't go confusing the downlow's #1 Texas hater with all these stats. ;)

:evillol::evillol::evillol:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-05-2007, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
with those type of numbers it's a conspiracy the guy won Big 12 player of the year... every other good player in the Big 12 was hosed...

Nobody said it was a conspiracy, everyone has came out and said that Durant is a great player. :confused:

Gobbla2001
03-05-2007, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
:confused:

nobody is talking about you, Gary...

Keith 7

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-05-2007, 12:14 PM
nobody is talking about you, Gary...

But I was talking to you. :mad:

Gobbla2001
03-05-2007, 12:16 PM
But I was talking to you. :mad:

listen here you wanna-be super-hero punk...

in all honesty, I think everyone here respects Law and think he's deserving of the award... we're all just responding to Keith as usual...

maybe if he'd get the McDonald's in Gainesville to start making SPICY McChickens we wouldn't be so hard on him...

but he refuses so we'll just keep raggin'...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-05-2007, 12:18 PM
listen here you wanna-be super-hero punk...

in all honesty, I think everyone here respects Law and think he's deserving of the award... we're all just responding to Keith as usual...

maybe if he'd get the McDonald's in Gainesville to start making SPICY McChickens we wouldn't be so hard on him...

but he refuses so we'll just keep raggin'...

They don't make Hot 'n Spicy McChickens? That is an outrage, because that's the only thing I'll eat from McDonalds....He should be ashamed of himself. :mad:

Gobbla2001
03-05-2007, 12:20 PM
They don't make Hot 'n Spicy McChickens? That is an outrage, because that's the only thing I'll eat from McDonalds....He should be ashamed of himself. :mad:

isn't that sad? we should get a list of all of the McDonald's in Texas that do NOT have the Spicy-birds and give posters representing those McDonald's HELL!!!!

Adidas410s
03-05-2007, 12:23 PM
isn't that sad? we should get a list of all of the McDonald's in Texas that do NOT have the Spicy-birds and give posters representing those McDonald's HELL!!!!
I remember when the "Cajun McChicken" came out back in 1995 when I lived in Corpus. Then I moved back to Abilene and it was nowhere to be found. It finally surfaced a few years later but has since gone by the wayside again most places north of I-35.

The same thing happened with the rodeo cheeseburger at BK. I used to love that sandwich. However...it showed back up (with no fanfare) on their dollar menus a few months ago. :D:D:D

Funk-d-fied
03-05-2007, 12:57 PM
He won the coaches big12 player of the year, the AP winners are announced starting today thru wednesday. Sorry Kevin, your a 3 seed in the conference tourney.

JasperDog94
03-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
Sorry Kevin, your a 3 seed in the conference tourney. :confused: What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?:confused:

Funk-d-fied
03-05-2007, 01:00 PM
nothing, I bet you could of answered that one all by yourself, huh?

JasperDog94
03-05-2007, 01:02 PM
nothing, I bet you could of answered that one all by yourself, huh? Oh. I get it. Got to take a shot at Durant instead of congratulating him, huh?

Typical...

Gobbla2001
03-05-2007, 01:03 PM
nothing, I bet you could of answered that one all by yourself, huh?

Sorry, you're a two-seed who just lost to the "sorry you're a three-seed""

c'mon guys, one of 'em had to win it... stop the sour grapes, this thing could go back and forth for eternity

Funk-d-fied
03-05-2007, 01:04 PM
Typical.... your so typical, in that statement where did I say somehting negative about Durant? Where, I failed to mention him but where does that make my statement negative TOWARDS him?

Typical...

Gobbla2001
03-05-2007, 01:09 PM
He won the coaches big12 player of the year, the AP winners are announced starting today thru wednesday. Sorry Kevin, your a 3 seed in the conference tourney.

huh?

Funk-d-fied
03-05-2007, 01:15 PM
the Ap awards still have not come out so technically others can still win the BIG12 POTY award if the AP awards it to them, Durant won the coaches POTY award.

eagles_victory
03-05-2007, 01:18 PM
the Ap awards still have not come out so technically others can still win the BIG12 POTY award if the AP awards it to them, Durant won the coaches POTY award. well the report i saw was kevin durant wins big 12 player of the year so i posted it as kevin durant wins big 12 player of the year

Gobbla2001
03-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
well the report i saw was kevin durant wins big 12 player of the year so i posted it as kevin durant wins big 12 player of the year

the media is blowing this up...

piratebg
03-05-2007, 01:20 PM
Cool beans :clap: :clap: :clap:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-05-2007, 01:26 PM

No McChickens, NO MERCY!!!

Gobbla2001
03-05-2007, 01:29 PM
No McChickens, NO MERCY!!!

Ha, that could be our slogan...

we can have our own society, the M.M.N.O.D

Make McChickens Now Or Die...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Ha, that could be our slogan...

we can have our own society, the M.M.N.O.D

Make McChickens Now Or Die...

First order of business....heckling Keith7.

Gobbla2001
03-05-2007, 01:35 PM
First order of business....heckling Keith7.

Who's Keith7???

OHHHH YAHHHH, that guy from that town that doesn't sell Spicy McChickens...

what a loser...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-05-2007, 01:46 PM
Who's Keith7???

OHHHH YAHHHH, that guy from that town that doesn't sell Spicy McChickens...

what a loser...

Yeah, a McLoser....

Gobbla2001
03-05-2007, 01:47 PM
Yeah, a McLoser....

really?

I'm glad that's not on the menu down here...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-05-2007, 04:26 PM
really?

I'm glad that's not on the menu down here...

It doesn't sound to appealing, huh?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-05-2007, 11:04 PM

Im with you, give it to the Sr and Better player, I guess they had to give it to the ant because he will be in the pros next year.

Gobbla2001
03-05-2007, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Im with you, give it to the Sr and Better player, I guess they had to give it to the ant because he will be in the pros next year.

Acie didn't rebound, steal, block or even score as better as Durant...

Though I believe that he is deserving, VERY deserving, Law was not as valuable to his team as Durant...

Emerson1
03-05-2007, 11:12 PM
## Player-Team Cl G FG 3FG FT Pts Avg/G
------------------------------------------------------------
1.Durant, Kevin-UT......... FR 16 157 50 98 462 28.9
2.Law, Acie-TAMU........... SR 16 111 20 91 333 20.8

REBOUNDING
## Player-Team Cl G OFF DEF TOT Avg/G
-------------------------------------------------------
1.Durant, Kevin-UT......... FR 16 49 151 200 12.5

FIELD GOAL PERCENTAGE (Min. 5.0 made per game)
## Player-Team Cl G FG FGA Pct
----------------------------------------------------
1.Wright, Julian-KU........ SO 16 80 152 .526
2.Maric, Aleks-NU.......... JR 16 109 208 .524
3.Law, Acie-TAMU........... SR 16 111 218 .509
4.Durant, Kevin-UT......... FR 16 157 311 .505

Not NEARLY the offensive threat

DEFENSIVE REBOUNDS
## Player-Team Cl G No. Avg/G
----------------------------------------------
1.Durant, Kevin-UT......... FR 16 151 9.44
2.Maric, Aleks-NU.......... JR 16 103 6.44

KD averaged 3 more D rebounds than any player in the conference.

http://www.big12sports.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2006-2007/confonly.html#conf.wki

I think a player has to have more than just making a few shots at the end of the game to be considered the best player in the conference.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-05-2007, 11:13 PM
[B

Law was not as valuable to his team [/B]

:thinking:

Gobbla2001
03-05-2007, 11:17 PM
:thinking:

law was very valuable to his team... not saying that he wasn't, but they didn't get as much rebounds and points out of him than a YOUNG UT team did out of Durant... they needed a valuable player more than an experienced A&M team did, that's all I'm saying... and Durant was that player...

in my book, as players, they're even when it comes to being bad ass... but when it comes to which team needed to the player the most, it has to go to Texas... A&M would have a better record than Texas right now if Texas didn't have Durant and A&M didn't have Law...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-05-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
## Player-Team Cl G FG 3FG FT Pts Avg/G
------------------------------------------------------------
1.Durant, Kevin-UT......... FR 16 157 50 98 462 28.9
2.Law, Acie-TAMU........... SR 16 111 20 91 333 20.8

REBOUNDING
## Player-Team Cl G OFF DEF TOT Avg/G
-------------------------------------------------------
1.Durant, Kevin-UT......... FR 16 49 151 200 12.5

FIELD GOAL PERCENTAGE (Min. 5.0 made per game)
## Player-Team Cl G FG FGA Pct
----------------------------------------------------
1.Wright, Julian-KU........ SO 16 80 152 .526
2.Maric, Aleks-NU.......... JR 16 109 208 .524
3.Law, Acie-TAMU........... SR 16 111 218 .509
4.Durant, Kevin-UT......... FR 16 157 311 .505

Not NEARLY the offensive threat

DEFENSIVE REBOUNDS
## Player-Team Cl G No. Avg/G
----------------------------------------------
1.Durant, Kevin-UT......... FR 16 151 9.44
2.Maric, Aleks-NU.......... JR 16 103 6.44

KD averaged 3 more D rebounds than any player in the conference.

http://www.big12sports.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2006-2007/confonly.html#conf.wki

I think a player has to have more than just making a few shots at the end of the game to be considered the best player in the conference.

Nobody is arguing that Durant put up great numbers and was a great player, but there is more to being valuable to your team than putting up big numbers. There are a lot of intangibles that go with playing any sport, not just going out and putting up monster numbers. Acie came through for the Ags every time when he was needed, played great team basketball, and made the rest of the team better being out on the floor. That's the reason that he was mentioned, not because he put up the numbers that Durant did. If you actively participated in sports instead of sitting back, watching and judging and coming out with numbers, then you would realize that none of that stuff matters, what does matter is the numbers that are on the scoreboard and what as a player you can do for the team. It's not an insult, it's just something that it seems like you've failed to realize on more than one occasion.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-05-2007, 11:20 PM
A&M would have a better record than Texas right now if Texas didn't have Durant and A&M didn't have Law...

Agreed.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Nobody is arguing that Durant put up great numbers and was a great player, but there is more to being valuable to your team than putting up big numbers. There are a lot of intangibles that go with playing any sport, not just going out and putting up monster numbers. Acie came through for the Ags every time when he was needed, played great team basketball, and made the rest of the team better being out on the floor. That's the reason that he was mentioned, not because he put up the numbers that Durant did. If you actively participated in sports instead of sitting back, watching and judging and coming out with numbers, then you would realize that none of that stuff matters, what does matter is the numbers that are on the scoreboard and what as a player you can do for the team. It's not an insult, it's just something that it seems like you've failed to realize on more than one occasion.

Good point!!

Gobbla2001
03-05-2007, 11:23 PM
Agreed.

oh chit, we agree :eek:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-05-2007, 11:24 PM
law was very valuable to his team... not saying that he wasn't, but they didn't get as much rebounds and points out of him than a YOUNG UT team did out of Durant... they needed a valuable player more than an experienced A&M team did, that's all I'm saying... and Durant was that player...

in my book, as players, they're even when it comes to being bad ass... but when it comes to which team needed to the player the most, it has to go to Texas... A&M would have a better record than Texas right now if Texas didn't have Durant and A&M didn't have Law...

I disagree. Abrams and Augustin were showing out before Dick Vitale and ESPN started talking up Durant like he was the only player on the team. In my opinion, it disrupted the team chemistry and drug them down in the longrun. I think if ESPN would have just let them play, Texas wouldn't have many losses right now, maybe one, but that's just a maybe. The bottom line is that without Acie and Durant in the mix, A&M would be the better team, and with Acie and Durant, A&M is still the better team. You can't really make a good comparison with those ideals in mind.

Emerson1
03-05-2007, 11:25 PM
KD seems pretty valuable. You really think Texas would be a top 15 team without him?

I couldn't really care less though who won. I just feel like arguing.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-05-2007, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
KD seems pretty valuable. You really think Texas would be a top 15 team without him?

I couldn't really care less though who won. I just feel like arguing.

I don't think Texas is a Top 15 team in all honesty, they've shown me very little, except that they play to the level of their competition.

Gobbla2001
03-05-2007, 11:31 PM
I disagree. Abrams and Augustin were showing out before Dick Vitale and ESPN started talking up Durant like he was the only player on the team. In my opinion, it disrupted the team chemistry and drug them down in the longrun. I think if ESPN would have just let them play, Texas wouldn't have many losses right now, maybe one, but that's just a maybe. The bottom line is that without Acie and Durant in the mix, A&M would be the better team, and with Acie and Durant, A&M is still the better team. You can't really make a good comparison with those ideals in mind.

So ESPN made Texas lose those games?

Abrams was good last year, but didn't have a great start this year leading up until half-way through confrence (when you talk about playing actual "good" teams)... Augustin? Yah, I think he's a great player, and he has helped a lot as well, but without that SOLID guy in the middle, who can also ball on the outside, Texas is nothing... Without Law you guys still have Carter and a load more... you guys have experience... in that category Texas has none... plus Barns thought last year's guys were coming back... he had to regroup himself...

I'm a UT fan when it comes to college sports (and UNC when it comes to College round-ball, but I love any UT sport), but I have to admit that without Durant, this would be a .500 team looking to make a run in '08, not '07 like they're lookin' at now...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-05-2007, 11:36 PM
So ESPN made Texas lose those games?

Abrams was good last year, but didn't have a great start this year leading up until half-way through confrence (when you talk about playing actual "good" teams)... Augustin? Yah, I think he's a great player, and he has helped a lot as well, but without that SOLID guy in the middle, who can also ball on the outside, Texas is nothing... Without Law you guys still have Carter and a load more... you guys have experience... in that category Texas has none... plus Barns thought last year's guys were coming back... he had to regroup himself...

I'm a UT fan when it comes to college sports (and UNC when it comes to College round-ball, but I love any UT sport), but I have to admit that without Durant, this would be a .500 team looking to make a run in '08, not '07 like they're lookin' at now...

I disagree with you. I've watched college baskeball religously for the past four or five years, so I know my roundball. When envy is present amongst teammates, then it's going to throw off the way they function together, and I do think that ESPN and all the talk about Durant was detrimental to the success of the Longhorns this year. I think they have a lot more to them than what they have shown. I'm not saying either way whether or not they would be better with or without Durant, but I don't think they would be as successful. What I will say is that if there was no envy amongst the team then they would be almost impossible to beat with the players that they have on the team. It's amazing what a group of people can do when nobody cares who receives the credit.....

PHS Wildcats
03-05-2007, 11:38 PM
Ask your self this and answer honestly,

Where would Texas be with out Durant?

NIT? Maybe.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-05-2007, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
Ask your self this and answer honestly,

Where would Texas be with out Durant?

NIT? Maybe.

You can play the what if game all night, look at the cards that are dealt and what kind of an impact the players have had on the success of their teams.

Gobbla2001
03-05-2007, 11:45 PM
I disagree with you. I've watched college baskeball religously for the past four or five years, so I know my roundball. When envy is present amongst teammates, then it's going to throw off the way they function together, and I do think that ESPN and all the talk about Durant was detrimental to the success of the Longhorns this year. I think they have a lot more to them than what they have shown. I'm not saying either way whether or not they would be better with or without Durant, but I don't think they would be as successful. What I will say is that if there was no envy amongst the team then they would be almost impossible to beat with the players that they have on the team. It's amazing what a group of people can do when nobody cares who receives the credit.....

well I respect your opinion, and though your opinion does make sense in ways, I just stand by my opinon that a Law-less A&M team would beat a Durant-less UT team any day of the week... I also stand by my opinion that Durant's rebounding, scoring percentage, steals in a not-so-steal position, blocking and yes, LEADERSHIP is as valuable as Law's second half performances and great leadership... it's not talked about much by ESPN and other broadcatsers as Law's leadership is, (this "coverage" topic goes both ways), but for a group of young guys, Durant does lead them... Look at James... minus the random ass-slaps, the dude has stepped up his level of play, and they all do because Durant is leading them...

coach
03-06-2007, 12:04 AM
durant deserved it. its just a shame that these two players were in the same conference congrats to durant but the real debate is who will win if the face each other again? and i understand what ur sayin gary but durant deserved it

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-06-2007, 10:35 AM
I never said that Durant didn't deserve it, just presented a case to why it could have very easily went to Acie.

Txbroadcaster
03-06-2007, 10:40 AM
BBDE..I still honestly dont undestand how you can ASSUME that any pub Durant got could POSSIBLY cause problems. As I said before, if you can assume that, then I can assume the same thing about A&M and the pub LAw gets. Because they BOTH are considered the MAN of their teams.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-06-2007, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
BBDE..I still honestly dont undestand how you can ASSUME that any pub Durant got could POSSIBLY cause problems. As I said before, if you can assume that, then I can assume the same thing about A&M and the pub LAw gets. Because they BOTH are considered the MAN of their teams.

You're right, you could assume that, but A&M is a team with equivalent talent to that of UT, so you can either say that team chemistry is off or there are differences in coaching, and the last time I checked Rick Barnes is a pretty good coach and very capable of leading the talent that he has to victories over pretty much any team.

Txbroadcaster
03-06-2007, 10:53 AM
You're right, you could assume that, but A&M is a team with equivalent talent to that of UT, so you can either say that team chemistry is off or there are differences in coaching, and the last time I checked Rick Barnes is a pretty good coach and very capable of leading the talent that he has to victories over pretty much any team.

TALENT wise they might be comparable..BUT and YOU of all people should know this..EXPERIENCE counts just as much.

A&M has guys that have been playing together for three years, they KNOW each other in and out. They have played in big games and that with talent is a HUGE plus.

Texas has a starting 5 that until this year had never taken the court together

You keep acting like Texas has had a bad year or something. They were a game from taking the #1 seed in maybe the best conference this year with a team that has literally NO big game experience.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-06-2007, 10:58 AM
TALENT wise they might be comparable..BUT and YOU of all people should know this..EXPERIENCE counts just as much.

A&M has guys that have been playing together for three years, they KNOW each other in and out. They have played in big games and that with talent is a HUGE plus.

Texas has a starting 5 that until this year had never taken the court together

You keep acting like Texas has had a bad year or something. They were a game from taking the #1 seed in maybe the best conference this year with a team that has literally NO big game experience.

Very valid point, but envy is present always, and in my opinion that is the only thing that has kept Texas from getting that #1 seed, not lack of experience, because from the looks of things, these guys were big-time players in high school and took their teams to some big-time games. I'm not saying Texas has had a bad year, I can just look at the talent they have a realize they have the potential to be a much better team.

Txbroadcaster
03-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Very valid point, but envy is present always, and in my opinion that is the only thing that has kept Texas from getting that #1 seed, not lack of experience, because from the looks of things, these guys were big-time players in high school and took their teams to some big-time games. I'm not saying Texas has had a bad year, I can just look at the talent they have a realize they have the potential to be a much better team.

Sorry but I think your looking into something that is not even CLOSE to being there. Being big time players in HS does not mean they will automatically come in and dominate.

Yes the talent is there to be a better team, and if you look at the season they progressed just as anyone would expect a talented but young team to do.

Early in the year they could not find their consistency. They had great games and then bad ones..JUST like ANY young team with talent

Then once conference play hit they found their groove. They had ONE bad loss in conference, but that is to a pretty salty K-State team.

I just think your running with an angle that has in NO way even been hinted at by anyone but you.

Funk-d-fied
03-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Don't forget they escaped Waco with a HUGE win....

Gobbla2001
03-06-2007, 11:04 AM
Don't forget they escaped Waco with a HUGE win....

:hand:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-06-2007, 11:07 AM
Sorry but I think your looking into something that is not even CLOSE to being there. Being big time players in HS does not mean they will automatically come in and dominate.

Yes the talent is there to be a better team, and if you look at the season they progressed just as anyone would expect a talented but young team to do.

Early in the year they could not find their consistency. They had great games and then bad ones..JUST like ANY young team with talent

Then once conference play hit they found their groove. They had ONE bad loss in conference, but that is to a pretty salty K-State team.

I just think your running with an angle that has in NO way even been hinted at by anyone but you.

Well, that's fine, you may not think that I'm right, but I play a lot more basketball and probably watch a lot more than you do, so I'm going to keep sticking by my assertions whether you agree or disagree, it doesn't matter one bit.

Funk-d-fied
03-06-2007, 11:07 AM
on the road in a hostile enviroment!

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c143/schwabs17/t1_baylorfans_sioc.jpg

District303aPastPlayer
03-06-2007, 11:10 AM
Well, that's fine, you may not think that I'm right, but I play a lot more basketball and probably watch a lot more than you do, so I'm going to keep sticking by my assertions whether you agree or disagree, it doesn't matter one bit.

you provided great points til this one post.. where it sounds like you are getting into a pssn contest... although jealousy may exist... i don't think this is one of those cases where it does...

Txbroadcaster
03-06-2007, 11:10 AM

Why does evey argument come down to you played..SO did I. I played Football, baseball, and basketball in HS,so what. And how do you know how much I watch compared to you? Dont get mad cause I disagree, you made good points, and I am just debating the points.

Your assuming envy is hurting Texas..I just want to know where your getting this from.

Funk-d-fied
03-06-2007, 11:11 AM
I love this!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-06-2007, 11:14 AM
Why does evey argument come down to you played..SO did I. I played Football, baseball, and basketball in HS,so what. And how do you know how much I watch compared to you? Dont get mad cause I disagree, you made good points, and I am just debating the points.

Your assuming envy is hurting Texas..I just want to know where your getting this from.

I still play basketball almost every day. I watch basketball almost every day. I know the game, I know the rules, and I know the teams that are playing. That's the point that I'm trying to make, nothing else except that I'm educated on the subject I'm talking about. I'm not getting mad about the subject, you're the one who can't seem to stop debating everything that I say. I'm not assuming that envy is hurting Texas, I know that it is. When one player on the team is getting all the credit and nobody else on the team is, of course there is going to be envy.

Funk-d-fied
03-06-2007, 11:14 AM
point and case.

Txbroadcaster
03-06-2007, 11:15 AM
I still play basketball almost every day. I watch basketball almost every day. I know the game, I know the rules, and I know the teams that are playing. That's the point that I'm trying to make, nothing else except that I'm educated on the subject I'm talking about. I'm not getting mad about the subject, you're the one who can't seem to stop debating everything that I say. I'm not assuming that envy is hurting Texas, I know that it is. When one player on the team is getting all the credit and nobody else on the team is, of course there is going to be envy.

Then A&M has the same problem because LAw is getting all the pub for the Aggies

And I am not getting mad, I am debating.

District303aPastPlayer
03-06-2007, 11:16 AM

but you still are assuming without knowing... no one has spoken of it, other than you... NO ONE... not a UT fan, hell, not even KTJ, who is has been our authority on all things UT over the years...

BuffyMars
03-06-2007, 11:16 AM
I get so sick and tired of the "I played and still play, so I know more than you do about the game" argument.

Does anyone realize just how childish that argument is? I feel like I'm back in grade school!

Funk-d-fied
03-06-2007, 11:18 AM
The way this board operates it seems like High School.

CHS_CG
03-06-2007, 11:53 AM

Acie doesnt get the credit like Durant does. I will agree Durant single handedly carried Texas this year, there is no doubt about it, but Acie didnt, he didnt have to. Yes he is a our go to guy in the clutch and hes damn good at it, but everybody know that AK is a great player, Jones is a great player, Cater can hit a 3 almost any given time you want him to. Acie had players to back up his amazing talent. There were times Acie would give up an easy shot to give it to Carter on the outside. Acie is an amazing player but he is not all that A&M has.

KTJ
03-06-2007, 11:54 AM

Yes, your 4-5 years of watching college basketball makes you know the insides and outs of the sport. Please, man....please tell me you really don't believe this? I know you're smarter than that.

I also know you're smart enough to know that you have no collective clue as to what is going on with a team whose university you don't even attend. You can't sit here and tell me that there is "envy among the UT team" with a straight face, can you? And if you can, please inform me. Can you tell me why Duke loses games? Or why Florida loses games? Is it because of envy? Didn't think so.

It's so awesome that in your 4-5 years of watching college basketball that you've become this mastermind of pinpointing characteristics that plague college basketball teams. I'm sure Coach K, Roy Williams, and Bob Knight will be knocking on your door any minute wanting to know the real reason their teams lose. And when you tell them it's because of envy, they'll be grateful. They'll also wonder how on earth did you know that when you've never spent a lick of time around their team.

Two decent seasons in a sport and all of a sudden the entire fan base thinks they are experts. Wow.

Txbroadcaster
03-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Acie doesnt get the credit like Durant does. I will agree Durant single handedly carried Texas this year, there is no doubt about it, but Acie didnt, he didnt have to. Yes he is a our go to guy in the clutch and hes damn good at it, but everybody know that AK is a great player, Jones is a great player, Cater can hit a 3 almost any given time you want him to. Acie had players to back up his amazing talent. There were times Acie would give up an easy shot to give it to Carter on the outside. Acie is an amazing player but he is not all that A&M has.

Not saying Acie is only thing...BUT MEDIA coverage of A&M is Acie and the Aggies..Just like Texas is more than Durant..BUT media coverage is Durant and the Horns

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-06-2007, 11:57 AM

Not exactly, there are several guys who get mentioned from the Ags, not just Acie.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-06-2007, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Yes, your 4-5 years of watching college basketball makes you know the insides and outs of the sport. Please, man....please tell me you really don't believe this? I know you're smarter than that.

I also know you're smart enough to know that you have no collective clue as to what is going on with a team whose university you don't even attend. You can't sit here and tell me that there is "envy among the UT team" with a straight face, can you? And if you can, please inform me. Can you tell me why Duke loses games? Or why Florida loses games? Is it because of envy? Didn't think so.

It's so awesome that in your 4-5 years of watching college basketball that you've become this mastermind of pinpointing characteristics that plague college basketball teams. I'm sure Coach K, Roy Williams, and Bob Knight will be knocking on your door any minute wanting to know the real reason their teams lose. And when you tell them it's because of envy, they'll be grateful. They'll also wonder how on earth did you know that when you've never spent a lick of time around their team.

Two decent seasons in a sport and all of a sudden the entire fan base thinks they are experts. Wow.

I never said I knew everything about the game itself, just that I can see where it is coming from. From actually participating in the game and playing team sports, I can tell what envy does to a team. I'm not presenting what type of offense or what type of defense the teams should run, or what players they should recruit, don't put words in my mouth. Envy is a disease on any team, and even though they players are not coming out and saying it, it is on the Texas basketball team. Can you even name the starting five from last years team, or the year before, without looking it up? I can, because I used to be a Longhorn fan and I've watched their games and I still watch their games, only I'm not supporting them this time around. I never said my idea was a fact, it's just what I THINK the problem is. If you don't like it, that's fine, but don't sit there and try to make me look like a jackass just because you disagree.

Txbroadcaster
03-06-2007, 12:06 PM
I never said I knew everything about the game itself, just that I can see where it is coming from. From actually participating in the game and playing team sports, I can tell what envy does to a team. I'm not presenting what type of offense or what type of defense the teams should run, or what players they should recruit, don't put words in my mouth. Envy is a disease on any team, and even though they players are not coming out and saying it, it is on the Texas basketball team. Can you even name the starting five from last years team, or the year before, without looking it up? I can, because I used to be a Longhorn fan and I've watched their games and I still watch their games, only I'm not supporting them this time around. I never said my idea was a fact, it's just what I THINK the problem is. If you don't like it, that's fine, but don't sit there and try to make me look like a jackass just because you disagree.

No offense but you pull out the I have played the game and know all about it card when someone disagrees with you. Even if you dont know if the person your debating has ever played or not.

BuffyMars
03-06-2007, 12:07 PM
If you don't like it, that's fine, but don't sit there and try to make me look like a jackass just because you disagree.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you are doing that all on your own.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-06-2007, 12:08 PM
No offense but you pull out the I have played the game and know all about it card when someone disagrees with you. Even if you dont know if the person your debating has ever played or not.

I never said you didn't play or you didn't watch, only trying to create a little bit of proof that I actually know a little about what I'm talking about, not trying to shortchange you or anyone else on this discussion.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you are doing that all on your own.

And you just jump in on the discussion why? You've presented nothing meaningful to it but are going to point fingers and make assertions? I think that anyone looks like a jackass to you simply because they don't agree with you, but the world is not always going to agree with you all the time. Maybe you should try to be a little less vain. Thanks and Gig 'Em.

Txbroadcaster
03-06-2007, 12:10 PM
I never said you didn't play or you didn't watch, only trying to create a little bit of proof that I actually know a little about what I'm talking about, not trying to shortchange you or anyone else on this discussion.

We KNOW you played..You dont have to "prove" it to us..and the way you make comments like this

If you actively participated in sports instead of sitting back, watching and judging

Looks like your doing more than just "proving" you played

Butkus
03-06-2007, 12:10 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you are doing that all on your own. ;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-06-2007, 12:11 PM
We KNOW you played..You dont have to "prove" it to us..and the way you make comments like this

If you actively participated in sports instead of sitting back, watching and judging

Looks like your doing more than just "proving" you played

That was for Emerson1, nobody else, because he did just that, which is why I quoted him.

BuffyMars
03-06-2007, 12:14 PM
And you just jump in on the discussion why? You've presented nothing meaningful to it but are going to point fingers and make assertions? I think that anyone looks like a jackass to you simply because they don't agree with you, but the world is not always going to agree with you all the time. Maybe you should try to be a little less vain. Thanks and Gig 'Em.

Oh my! I am so sorry I have upset the great and almighty BBDE. The know all of all things related to sports.

I did not realize that I could not read what was going on and just bring to your attention that if anyone looks vain, its you sweets.

And do please remind me of any moment in time where I got mad when someone disagreed with me.

You should just step back from time to time and really look at the things you say to other people.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-06-2007, 12:15 PM
Oh my! I am so sorry I have upset the great and almighty BBDE. The know all of all things related to sports.

I did not realize that I could not read what was going on and just bring to your attention that if anyone looks vain, its you sweets.

And do please remind me of any moment in time where I got mad when someone disagreed with me.

You should just step back from time to time and really look at the things you say to other people.

I want to reply, but you know what, I'm just not going to stoop to your level again.

BuffyMars
03-06-2007, 12:17 PM
I want to reply, but you know what, I'm just not going to stoop to your level again.

Please make me understand. What level are you referring to?

Snyder_TigerFan
03-06-2007, 12:19 PM
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/images/smilies/popcorn.gif
Anyone else care for any.:D

District303aPastPlayer
03-06-2007, 12:20 PM
seriously, G, you should stop...

neck_06
03-06-2007, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Anyone else care for any.:D

i'll take some. :D

buffy is going to egg this on until there is nothing left of either of them.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-06-2007, 12:21 PM
Anyways, back to the discussion anyone? If anyone else wants to call me any names or has some personal issues, feel free to send me a PM. Don't want to detract from the discussion.

neck_06
03-06-2007, 12:22 PM
If anyone else wants to call me any names or has some personal issues, feel free to send me a PM.

POOPHEAD!!! ;)

i'm too lazy to send a pm.

District303aPastPlayer
03-06-2007, 12:22 PM
the entire discussion is you trying to make a point that doesn't exist... thats all that has been said...

BuffyMars
03-06-2007, 12:25 PM
I am not trying to egg anything. I am trying to be as civil as possible. And I am not mad about anything.

I am as cool as a cucumber right now. ;)

neck_06
03-06-2007, 12:28 PM
I am not trying to egg anything. I am trying to be as civil as possible. And I am not mad about anything.

I am as cool as a cucumber right now. ;)

bet.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
the entire discussion is you trying to make a point that doesn't exist... thats all that has been said...

Well, it may not exist on here, but there is a world outside of 3A Down Low. Maybe some people need to get out there and experience it, because I'm not the only person, Aggie or not, who has came to this same conclusion.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-06-2007, 12:29 PM
POOPHEAD!!! ;)

i'm too lazy to send a pm.

Do it again and you die.

Txbroadcaster
03-06-2007, 12:32 PM
Well, it may not exist on here, but there is a world outside of 3A Down Low. Maybe some people need to get out there and experience it, because I'm not the only person, Aggie or not, who has came to this same conclusion.

And all anyone has asked is you give some proof to why you feel this way other than you have played so you know what it is like

District303aPastPlayer
03-06-2007, 12:32 PM

in the entire months of february and so far in march, discussing basketball with all the people i usually do it with... NO ONE has said anything about this... only you...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-06-2007, 12:35 PM
And all anyone has asked is you give some proof to why you feel this way other than you have played so you know what it is like

It's an opinion, I never tried to pass it off as being fact. I guess that I can't formulate my own opinions about everything, I must go with the flow and believe everything that ESPN says and have the same point of view as you do. I gave you reasons why I think that, not reasons why what I said is factual or true. That's my two cents. You've already expressed that you didn't like it and you disagreed with it, move on already.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-06-2007, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
in the entire months of february and so far in march, discussing basketball with all the people i usually do it with... NO ONE has said anything about this... only you...

Broaden your horizons my friend. ;)

Txbroadcaster
03-06-2007, 12:37 PM
It's an opinion, I never tried to pass it off as being fact. I guess that I can't formulate my own opinions about everything, I must go with the flow and believe everything that ESPN says and have the same point of view as you do. I gave you reasons why I think that, not reasons why what I said is factual or true. That's my two cents. You've already expressed that you didn't like it and you disagreed with it, move on already.

No actually you have never gave a reason other than I think.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-06-2007, 12:37 PM
No actually you have never gave a reason other than I think.

Yes, my point exactly....

Txbroadcaster
03-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Yes, my point exactly....

So you dont want us to disagree?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-06-2007, 12:41 PM
So you dont want us to disagree?

No, I do want you to disagree, I was just giving reasons as to why I think what I think about this subject, that's all. I never said that I was anymore right about it than anyone else, other than what I think about the situation, but I have people calling me a jackass and getting mad about what I think. I think that's stupid.

pirate4state
03-06-2007, 12:58 PM
I want to thank everyone who responded to this thread. :clap: :thumbsup: Good job!

LH Panther Mom
03-06-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Anyone else care for any.:D Pass it my way. ;)