PDA

View Full Version : HELP -- Has anyone had LASIK surgery? I am...

slpybear the bullfan
10-27-2003, 08:26 PM
...and would love to hear any tips, advice, etc...

Feel free to post or PM...

olddog73
10-27-2003, 08:30 PM
Yes, I have and I now shake a lot and I havent been able to have sex or eat pizza. I also have trouble remembering things. What was the question again? eek! eek!

HotDawg89
10-27-2003, 08:30 PM
Both of my husband's best friends had it and I know many people as well who have had it- good luck to you- they are all success stories, and I am sure yours will go well too! They all reported being able to see perfectly RIGHT AFTER IT WAS DONE!!! Amazing. They can these things now, but still can't cure the common cold.

Let us know how you do!!!

PPHSfan
10-27-2003, 08:46 PM
THIS IS A FOOTBALL SITE DANG-IT!!!....TRY WEB MD FOR PETE'S SAKE

:D :D :D Sorry Bud, I couldn't resist.

<small>[ October 27, 2003, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: PPHSfan ]</small>

slpybear the bullfan
10-27-2003, 08:53 PM
PPHSfan:
THIS IS A FOOTBALL SITE DANG-IT!!!....TRY WEB MD FOR PETE'S SAKE

:D :D :D Sorry Bud, I couldn't resist.Heh, Heh... Coming from my good friend PPHSfan... I know that your tongue was planted firmly in cheek!!! wink

sinton66
10-27-2003, 09:30 PM
Hey buddy, I encourage you to get a second opinion first, and check both doctor's reputations, get referrals from their former patients. My boss had this done three years ago and was left nearly blind. Turned out he was NOT a good candidate for this surgery as his corneas were too thin. He ended up having to have cornea transplants. He now has a big lawsuit against the doctor who did the lasik. If you want, I can get you his second doctor's name if you want to try to get a refferral from him. Let me know.

slpybear the bullfan
10-27-2003, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the advice. I reviewed the two "top line" Drs. in Dallas and visited with several patients of theirs to get their stories. After this, I went to a seminar and was allowed to watch a procedure being performed.

I had already been given the go ahead by my Dr. before, but I went to an evaluation from this second Dr. and I will be using him. The success rate looks likes something around 72%+ for 20/20 uncorrected and 98% for 20/40...

sinton66
10-27-2003, 09:43 PM
Wise man, I wish you the very best luck with it.

Chief Woodman
10-27-2003, 09:54 PM
I know two firemen who had this done...both nearly lost the vision in thier eyes. One in now legally blind in the eye he had the surgery on. The second ended up recovering most of his vison back. As with most surgery, there is always risk involved. I wish you the best.

BurnetBandRules
10-27-2003, 10:06 PM
Well, I can say that there is always a risk with anything medical but this surgery is VERY succesful. I take clinicals at Seton here in Burnet andalso at the Eye doctor and I have seen close to 30 of these done and not ONE had an problems. It is a VERY simple procedure. At the DR. that I do clinicals with, he does it is 4 min. and the people can see perfectly almost IMMEDIATLY! It is very interesting. But, do get Second opinions and it is better to go to someone with at least a few years expirience. Also, ask your Eye Dr. for a video of a sugery, they normally have a complimentary video for you IF you ask!