PDA

View Full Version : For Ad only: Regarding Train in Sinton

Phil C
03-04-2007, 12:26 PM
Ad as I was going home yesterday from the store in Sinton the Railroad Crossing lights came on and the bars started to go down. I speeded up to get up there (within the speed limit of course) and I got there just a few seconds before the train started crossing. It speeded up and after about 4 minutes it was gone. I was very fortunatel to make it in time to watch see the engine because as you know if you don't see the engine it is like missing the whole train. Most fortunate and scary times indeed. Whew!

bccards
03-04-2007, 04:57 PM
sounds like to me that the timing is off on the sensors in the track to force the lights and gates to operate. if the gates were just barely down before the train actually past, then there is something wrong, and is an accident waiting to happen. I think that, by law, there has to be a minimum time for the gate to be down and the train to pass.

Emerson1
03-04-2007, 04:59 PM
I think he just has a love for trains.

Phil C
03-04-2007, 06:07 PM
There was adequate time when the lights flashed and the bar went down. I was fortunate to get to see the engine. Whew! :)

Adidas410s
03-05-2007, 10:10 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

piratebg
03-05-2007, 10:14 AM
The trains in town come through freakin fast some times. Wasn't it a couple of years ago when they allowed them to raise their speed limit to help cut down on wait time, or something like that? There were several accidents the first couple of months because people were used to the slower speed limit and caught themselves trying to beat a freakin bullet. I don't try to beat them anymore because when you race a train, eventually the train is gonna win.

Phil C
03-05-2007, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
The trains in town come through freakin fast some times. Wasn't it a couple of years ago when they allowed them to raise their speed limit to help cut down on wait time, or something like that? There were several accidents the first couple of months because people were used to the slower speed limit and caught themselves trying to beat a freakin bullet. I don't try to beat them anymore because when you race a train, eventually the train is gonna win.

That is right pirate! And even when you tie you still lose. It is best not to take chances. Safety first. And cross the track only if you are sure you can make it across with pleanty of time to spare and not take a chance even if it looks a little close.

Adidas410s
03-05-2007, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
That is right pirate! And even when you tie you still lose. It is best not to take chances. Safety first. And cross the track only if you are sure you can make it across with pleanty of time to spare and not take a chance even if it looks a little close.
TIE GOES TO THE RUNNER!!! :mad: