Hard back-to-back for houston.

coach
03-04-2007, 12:29 AM
do i see a team fading???????

Maroon87
03-04-2007, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by coach

The home loss to a Celtic team that quit 2 months ago was a troubling sign.

Bull's-eye
03-04-2007, 10:52 AM

Quite possible, they do have a 40 year center that has played a lot of minutes. He did have a record-breaking performance vs Denver but was a non factor against the Spurs. Houston did lose to the Celtics, but T-Mac was out with the flu. Still, that is a game that most good teams should win.

Houston did have a tough back-to-back, arriving in Houston at 3:30 am on Saturday. Give the Spurs some credit, they are playing great basketball and are gearing up for the playoffs. Houston should get an added boost with the return of Yao sometime in the next couple of games.

Macarthur
03-04-2007, 02:46 PM
I think Dallas and SA are the clear favorites. SA is a scary team because they have really just been crusing the regular season. Duncan looks as healthy as he's been in some time.

JasperDog94
03-04-2007, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Quite possible, they do have a 40 year center that has played a lot of minutes. He did have a record-breaking performance vs Denver but was a non factor against the Spurs. Houston did lose to the Celtics, but T-Mac was out with the flu. Still, that is a game that most good teams should win.

Houston did have a tough back-to-back, arriving in Houston at 3:30 am on Saturday. Give the Spurs some credit, they are playing great basketball and are gearing up for the playoffs. Houston should get an added boost with the return of Yao sometime in the next couple of games. All very true. Add to that Mutumbo got his second foul called on him early in the first on a play where he never even touched Duncan.

That aside the Rockets just looked flat. They looked like an old team. I'm not giving up on them tough. With Yao back they can still make some noise.

Bull's-eye
03-04-2007, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
I think Dallas and SA are the clear favorites. SA is a scary team because they have really just been crusing the regular season. Duncan looks as healthy as he's been in some time.

Earlier in the season, a lot of people were writing off the Spurs. They said they were too old and didn't have any depth. They are now playing the best half-court defense in the NBA and that will be a huge factor in the playoffs. Dallas is a very explosive and deep team that plays great perimeter defense. They are very strong at all phases of the game, except for their post players. A Duncun or Yao could exploit their interior defense, but that still may not be enough. Dallas is clearly the favorite, but SA is very capable of winning it all.

crzyjournalist03
03-04-2007, 10:04 PM

"if Yao had played, the score would have been reversed"
-generic Rocket fan response

JasperDog94
03-04-2007, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
-generic Rocket fan response :confused: Why the hate towards us Rockets fans?:confused:

coach
03-04-2007, 10:42 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: lol tru that man

Bull's-eye
03-04-2007, 11:46 PM

The Rockets front-court was outscored 45-10 by the Spurs. Can't say the score would of been reversd, but Yao's numbers would of definately help the Rockets. I can't understand the lack of respect for Yao by some of our Dallas fans. This guy was putting up MVP numbers (25.9 ppg, 9.4 rbs), he led the Rockets to blow out victories over both Dallas and SA. He is being replaced by a 40 year old center that scores 3 points a game. Take Dirk out of the Mav's line-up and see if that doesn't hurt their team and we all agree that Dallas is a much deeper team than the Rockets. T-Mac has been carrying a very average group of players. The Rockets have really achieved much better than anybody would of expected since the loss of Yao. Nobody made that generic response, but Yao is a big part of the Rocket's success.

JasperDog94
03-05-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
The Rockets front-court was outscored 45-10 by the Spurs. Can't say the score would of been reversd, but Yao's numbers would of definately help the Rockets. I can't understand the lack of respect for Yao by some of our Dallas fans. This guy was putting up MVP numbers (25.9 ppg, 9.4 rbs), he led the Rockets to blow out victories over both Dallas and SA. He is being replaced by a 40 year old center that scores 3 points a game. Take Dirk out of the Mav's line-up and see if that doesn't hurt their team and we all agree that Dallas is a much deeper team than the Rockets. T-Mac has been carrying a very average group of players. The Rockets have really achieved much better than anybody would of expected since the loss of Yao. Nobody made that generic response, but Yao is a big part of the Rocket's success. Well said.:clap:

coach
03-05-2007, 11:52 AM
i just wish the rockets would stop makin excuses and accept that the get beat every one in a while....they lost to the celtics......if they are that bad without yao ming then yall are in some deep trouble

JasperDog94
03-05-2007, 12:48 PM
i just wish the rockets would stop makin excuses and accept that the get beat every one in a while....they lost to the celtics......if they are that bad without yao ming then yall are in some deep trouble Can you please provide examples where the Rockets fans are making excuses? We got beat by San Antonio. They played better than we did. Period.

We split the season series with them and I like our chances in a 7 game series with a healthy Yao.....oops.....was that an excuse?:doh: :)

Gobbla2001
03-05-2007, 12:52 PM
I like the Rockets fans on here...

I'm a Spurs fan, and I don't like most of the Spurs and Mavs fans' posts on here...

Our Rockets fans are good...

big daddy russ
03-05-2007, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I like the Rockets fans on here...

I'm a Spurs fan, and I don't like most of the Spurs and Mavs fans' posts on here...

Our Rockets fans are good...
I concur. But I still think SA's going to take the title this year. It's an odd-numbered year. :D

Gobbla2001
03-05-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
But I still think SA's going to take the title this year. It's an odd-numbered year. :D

I agree...

Go Spizzurs...

Bull's-eye
03-05-2007, 01:59 PM
i just wish the rockets would stop makin excuses and accept that the get beat every one in a while....they lost to the celtics......if they are that bad without yao ming then yall are in some deep trouble

Why did the Rockets blow out Dallas by 31 points earlier in the season? Maybe a healthy Yao makes that much of a difference?

I really don't understand some of the Dallas fans. Their team has never won a ring, but they act like they have been dominating the NBA for years. Their performance in last year's finals was embarrasing to say the least. They have the best record this season, but that doesn't automatically win you the championship. Spurs have won 3 rings, yet their fans post with intelligence and class. The Spurs I watched saturday looked primed for a championship run.

Gobbla2001
03-05-2007, 02:02 PM
Bull's-Eye, meet me at the Crabb River Road exit on 59 here in about an hour and 10 minutes (isn't that the name of that road?), I want to give you a hug :inlove:

Bull's-eye
03-05-2007, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Bull's-Eye, meet me at the Crabb River Road exit on 59 here in about an hour and 10 minutes (isn't that the name of that road?), I want to give you a hug :inlove:

Just a handshake will be enough. ;)