PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell vs. Cameron should be a doozy this year - finally

Aim_High
07-14-2003, 06:05 PM
Teams look very similar on paper and don't count out Lorena.

Old Tiger
07-14-2003, 10:57 PM
I think cameron is gonna win by 14.

<small>[ July 15, 2003, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: Old Tiger ]</small>

Aim_High
07-15-2003, 07:39 AM
I think you should learn how to spell "by." How come does Cameron whip Rockdale's butt every year?

theyoefnshow
07-15-2003, 11:16 AM
probably the same reason Rockdale beats Caldwell every year.

Old Tiger
07-15-2003, 11:16 AM
I'm just giving a prediction. So don't get mad about it.

Aim_High
07-15-2003, 05:45 PM
Exqueeze me - Rockdale does NOT beat Caldwell every year - and I think Cameron is a little bitter because of that 28-24 loss to us two years ago in which excuses were abundant... and quit kissin up to Rockdale just cuz they picked you to beat us. Folks who want to judge us on past years are in for a rude awakening - just ask your JV and freshman teams last year.

theyoefnshow
07-15-2003, 07:39 PM
hey buddy, JV and fish don't mean sh*t. This is the big league now. As for that loss, it's funny how you remember the exact score of that game as it was the only game Caldwell has beaten Cameron in recent memory. Besides, when one team is given 3 free touchdowns and the other has 2 or 3 taken away, it's hard to come back from that once you've already scored 24 points. Get real buddy. Why don't you compare what Cameron did that season in week 13 & 14 as opposed to what Caldwell was doing *thump*thump*thump* Familiar sound after that first week of November huh?

Aim_High
07-15-2003, 10:31 PM
theyoefnshow:
hey buddy, JV and fish don't mean sh*t. This is the big league now. As for that loss, it's funny how you remember the exact score of that game as it was the only game Caldwell has beaten Cameron in recent memory. Besides, when one team is given 3 free touchdowns and the other has 2 or 3 taken away, it's hard to come back from that once you've already scored 24 points. Get real buddy. Why don't you compare what Cameron did that season in week 13 & 14 as opposed to what Caldwell was doing *thump*thump*thump* Familiar sound after that first week of November huh?No, what's funny is how OyE is so spoiled in winning all its home games that when they lose on the road, they automatically begin whining about how they were cheated. By the way, Caldwell blasted Cameron 49-15 about six years ago in your worst-ever loss - more recently than Rockdale ever has. Look it up if you don't believe it. And I wouldn't brag too much about beating us 7-0 more recently than that (when plenty of our big plays were taken back by your trusty Temple chapter officials to salvage the "win"). There was even an article in the Waco paper a few years ago about how the retiring clock-keeper there even ADMITTED he would shave seconds or stall the clock to benefit Cameron. I couldn't believe my eyes! As for the 28-24 win, it was fair and square and you know it. We were a one-man team, admittedly, with Jason Carter just as you were for two years your Pittman sideshow. But now he's gone bye-bye (note that the word "bye" is spelled correctly is THIS particular reference). Don't get me wrong. Cameron WILL beat Caldwell this year because the game is - where else - practically in Temple officials' little brothers' back yards. I'd just like to see your butts play Rosebud-Lott and Rogers now. Oh yea, what happened to the player who pumped bullets into someone last year? I'd rather hear "thump, thump" in the basketball playoffs than "bang bang" leading to a prison sentence.

<small>[ July 15, 2003, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: Aim_High ]</small>

Aim_High
07-15-2003, 10:42 PM
... and now Cameron pretends to be Caldwell's biggest fan just to send us into Division I and you into Division II because you're scared of Jasper.

Old Tiger
07-16-2003, 12:46 AM
I think yall should grow up and quit acting like little kids. wink

Aim_High
07-16-2003, 07:26 AM
Old Tiger:
I think yall should grow up and quit acting like little kids. wink then don't add fuel to the fire, pardner

theyoefnshow
07-16-2003, 09:17 AM
First of all, I could care less what division we go in be it division 1 or 2. Either way at least Cameron would make it to playoffs. Something the good ol' boys in Caldwell haven't had alot of success with. As for our so called 1 man show, may I remind you of a few names from the "Billy Pittman Show?" Let's see.....Terrance Brooks, Ross Watson, Roderick Knight, Cedric Wells, Tyrone Miller just to name a few. As for your *bang bang* comment. Chances are, you have no idea what the story is. Did he shoot someone? Yeah. But if you know, why don't you tell what you think happen and I'll correct all of your mistakes for you afterwards. Also, if Temple supposedly loves Cameron so much they would have found a way for us to beat Marlin but that didn't happen. Why? Because they beat us straight up. If they loved Cameron so much, why would they have pulled an AMAZING 80+ yard TD scramble run that Pittman made against Gatesville due to holding? Unless you've been to another of our games besides when we beat Caldwell, get your head out of your ass. Oh and the game you recalled? It was during the Todd Dodge years which only lasted a year and a half as we fired his ass in January after his second season as he was the biggest disapointment Cameron had ever had.....recall the following year in 96 when we went to Caldwell and ripped you guys apart by a 40+ score.

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
07-16-2003, 10:05 AM
hey yoyoshow would that be the Todd Dodge that won a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP at SOUTH LAKE THIS PAST YEAR? that would disappoint me to.

theyoefnshow
07-16-2003, 11:43 AM
yeah that same Todd Dodge who finally found what HE wanted. A quarterback with talent. Mind you that between his stint at Cameron and SLC he went to FOUR different schools. He had the talent when he was in Cameron but refused to unleash it because he was HELL BENT on a passing game which was ridiculous. That's why he didn't last there. He was the first coach in almost 20 years to cause Cameron to have a losing season. Then as soon as he left. BAM Quarterfinals. Facts my friend. Facts.

Aim_High
07-16-2003, 11:44 AM
Thank you, BURNT ORANGE HORNET! Like I said, any time something bad happens in precious Cameron, it's time to blame it on the dog - or in last year's case - the Bulldog!
Caldwell backs Marlin all the way!

Matthew328
07-16-2003, 11:46 AM
This thread is taking on a VERY familiar tone...I suggest things cool down real quick......I suggest someone on this thread settle down.....and he knows who I am talking about...

theyoefnshow
07-16-2003, 11:48 AM
Blame it on the dog? *** are you talking about. You have got to be an underclassman who probably doesn't even remember half of what I'm telling you. You see, Cameron and Caldwell are total opposites. Cameron you see, we're used to winning. We expect to win. Sure, we've been beaten. EVERYONE has but regardless of the opponent, intimidation has never been a factor. From the players perspective anyway. You guys HOPE to have a successful season here and there which hey, that's not your fault, winning builds tradition and that's what has happened. Look at Marlin. They have built themselves to the powerhouse they are now and they are USED to winning. Look at the Ennis game. It's all about rank Caldwell. If you aren't the lead dog in the pack, the view never changes. Accept that.

LiquidAlloyedSteel
07-16-2003, 07:55 PM
Cameron and Caldwell are coached by outstanding staffs. Both schools play good football. Caldwell is working towards building a tradition of winning. Cameron is established, Caldwell is pressing foward. Stone & Carter did so much for Caldwell. The groups coming up have a bunch of talent and a coaching staff that has busted its butt to get things rolling and to get continuity. Marlin, Rockdale, and Cameron are known throughout the state for winning football. Our day is coming!!!

Aim_High
07-16-2003, 07:56 PM
I still say shaving seconds off the clock builds traidition. But since this site is obviously about butt-kissing, let's bore each other to tears with the same-old "Burnet and Marlin are the only two teams that matter" rhetoric. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

Aim_High
07-16-2003, 07:59 PM
No offense, Marlin, because I AM impressed that you prove you CAN win without having to bus in transfer students or throw free barbecues for the officials. For a property-poor school district, those kids really bust their tails and I'll tell you something else, Lorena is being overlooked. As for Rockdale, sorry but i don't think they have enough continuity to pull a 1976 again.
And what's this I hear about a coaching change in Cameron? Hmmm...

<small>[ July 16, 2003, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: Aim_High ]</small>

Ranger Mom
07-16-2003, 08:36 PM
Matthew328:
This thread is taking on a VERY familiar tone...I suggest things cool down real quick......I suggest someone on this thread settle down.....and he knows who I am talking about...My thoughts exactly!! I was wondering if I was the only one that was picking up on that!!

theyoefnshow
07-16-2003, 08:47 PM
someone enlighten me on the "familiar tone."

theyoefnshow
07-16-2003, 08:49 PM
Aim High, what are you talking about w/ the transfers and barbeque? Again, someone enlighten me.

Chris Hart
07-16-2003, 09:07 PM
Ranger Mom:

Matthew328:
This thread is taking on a VERY familiar tone...I suggest things cool down real quick......I suggest someone on this thread settle down.....and he knows who I am talking about...My thoughts exactly!! I was wondering if I was the only one that was picking up on that!!Rangermom, You and Matthew were not the only ones. :)

sinton66
07-16-2003, 10:15 PM
Yup, sure sounds like it to me too.

LiquidAlloyedSteel
07-16-2003, 11:07 PM
AIM_HIGH are you the former HORNET PRIDE? Go Orange Crush!

sinton66
07-17-2003, 06:45 AM
theyoefnshow:
someone enlighten me on the "familiar tone."Check your PM.

CtownDiva06
07-18-2003, 12:46 PM
Even though alot of my family live in Cameron
I am gonna have to say Caldwell will surely pull it off this year......we only lost 8 seniors and cameron lost around 20, rockdale around 21, and marlin around 15......Caldwell is definately back and better than ever..............so everyone get ready because the swarm is back...

CHS 06' gO hOrNeTs.......