PDA

View Full Version : Princeton 38- Kemp 26

JR2004
03-02-2007, 08:46 PM
This is why high school basketball needs a shot clock.

eagles_victory
03-02-2007, 08:47 PM
they really do need one bad

LH Panther Mom
03-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
This is why high school basketball needs a shot clock. A little stall-ball going on? :D

JR2004
03-02-2007, 09:07 PM
That's how Princeton plays. They don't have a deep team filled with great athletes. I don't like their system at all, but it's what they do. I'll be rooting for Chapel Hill to win the region tomorrow so they can spare the people who go down to Austin next week from having to watch that style of ball.

eagles_victory
03-02-2007, 09:23 PM
ill be rooting for HJ to beat Connally tonight bc they play the same style id rather watch the home shopping network then them play

Matthew328
03-02-2007, 11:44 PM
Against a team that plays stall ball...you gotta jump on em quick and make them play from behind.....go for broke early on..push the temp...full court balls to the wall press early on..make em work and wear em out if they dont have much depth!

eagles_victory
03-03-2007, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Against a team that plays stall ball...you gotta jump on em quick and make them play from behind.....go for broke early on..push the temp...full court balls to the wall press early on..make em work and wear em out if they dont have much depth! what about when its like kemp and princeton and both teams play stall ball that just makes for a boring game im suprised it wasnt 6 to 5

JR2004
03-03-2007, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Against a team that plays stall ball...you gotta jump on em quick and make them play from behind.....go for broke early on..push the temp...full court balls to the wall press early on..make em work and wear em out if they dont have much depth!

Unfortunately Princeton hasn't run into anyone yet that presses. Something else that helps them though is 4 of the 5 guys on the court can handle the ball. Two years ago they suckered Velt into their pace and beat them in OVERTIME 44-39. (Most embarrassing loss by a DISD team before Madison's loss this year to Glen Rose.) I hope Chapel Hill takes them out, but if not I think the Region III winner will do the trick.

They'll run flex until the cows come home and have no problem waiting 3 or 4 minutes to take a shot. They make a mockery out of the game of basketball everytime they take the court with how they play. I guess I'm just so ingrained with that Nolan Richardson style of ball that seeing Princeton's "take the air out of the ball style" just bothers me to no end!

mwynn05
03-03-2007, 01:58 AM
kemp slows the ball down just as much if not more than princeton

JR2004
03-03-2007, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
kemp slows the ball down just as much if not more than princeton

Kemp probably does play a slower pace than Princeton, but not by much. I just can't stand that style of ball. It's just not basketball to me at all. Some people love it, but I'm not among them. Kemp tried that style when we had them in the playoffs in 2005. We won by 30 because they couldn't handle the press or the guards we had that year.

Next year Madison is going to have the horses to be able to press end to end again for the first time in several years with all the talent coming back. I really, REALLY hope Princeton winds up being a playoff opponent for us or some other team that loves to play that 32 minutes of hell style of basketball.

eagles_victory
03-03-2007, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Kemp probably does play a slower pace than Princeton, but not by much. I just can't stand that style of ball. It's just not basketball to me at all. Some people love it, but I'm not among them. Kemp tried that style when we had them in the playoffs in 2005. We won by 30 because they couldn't handle the press or the guards we had that year.

Next year Madison is going to have the horses to be able to press end to end again for the first time in several years with all the talent coming back. I really, REALLY hope Princeton winds up being a playoff opponent for us or some other team that loves to play that 32 minutes of hell style of basketball. our jv lost to kemp by 1 this year and our jv was a 500 team in distirct

Matthew328
03-03-2007, 10:35 AM
I don't blame Princeton or Kemp for playing an unconventional style....you do what you can do to win...and if that style gives them the best chance to win then hey go for it! LOL

I do agree its boring to watch...and its tough to prepare for because its so unconventional..kind of like playing those old Princeton teams in the NCAA tourney....In HS and college I played for teams who liked to get up and down, but those teams who ran their stuff and executed well always scared me! Gotta respect a team that has the patience to run their sets and wait for a good shot...

Cameron Crazy
03-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Princetons coach was my coach at TABC..He was a nice guy!