PDA

View Full Version : Aggie Jr. DE Jason Jack eligible for draft?

big daddy russ
03-02-2007, 02:52 PM
Saw it on Fox Sports. Did anyone else know about this?

Phil C
03-02-2007, 02:58 PM
STAY IN SCHOOL!! GET YOUR EDUCATION!!

:mad:

Macarthur
03-02-2007, 03:00 PM
Yeah, he made himself eligible. Big mistake.

Funk-d-fied
03-02-2007, 03:06 PM
He went pro because of personal issues. His family situation is one that is in need of some sort of security. He is going to try and make it and get a paycheck. I don't blame him for doing anything and everything he can to support for his family and situation.

Funk-d-fied
03-02-2007, 03:49 PM
This is why Jason Jack is going pro...
Jason's mom was diagnosed with breast cancer two years ago. Since she has been undergoing treatment, she hasn't been able to work & things have been tough on the family. Jason has been going to school, playing football, & working as a night-time stocker at a grocery store since he has been at A&M. He said his most important thing was taking care of his family & now he'll be able to do that. He is set to graduate this Spring, so even if he doesn't get drafted he has a job lined up. He also said that if he can run a 4.8 40 or better (his best ever is a 4.69) & run his shuttle & other drills decently that he should be a late-round draft pick.

Macarthur
03-02-2007, 04:17 PM
I thought I had heard there were some family reasons.

Given all that, I certainly hope he makes it.

big daddy russ
03-02-2007, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
This is why Jason Jack is going pro...
Jason's mom was diagnosed with breast cancer two years ago. Since she has been undergoing treatment, she hasn't been able to work & things have been tough on the family. Jason has been going to school, playing football, & working as a night-time stocker at a grocery store since he has been at A&M. He said his most important thing was taking care of his family & now he'll be able to do that. He is set to graduate this Spring, so even if he doesn't get drafted he has a job lined up. He also said that if he can run a 4.8 40 or better (his best ever is a 4.69) & run his shuttle & other drills decently that he should be a late-round draft pick.
Didn't know that, but all things considered I think it's a great decision. No reason to stick around longer than you have to. I haven't seen anything that says he should make a roster (typically, he's seen as a rookie FA at best), but I'll be rooting for him after hearing that.

LH Panther Mom
03-02-2007, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
STAY IN SCHOOL!! GET YOUR EDUCATION!!

:mad: SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!!! :flaming: :evilgrin: