PDA

View Full Version : why is bowling so....

DU_stud04
03-02-2007, 02:51 PM
expensive :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Phil C
03-02-2007, 03:00 PM
"SPARE" NO EXPENSE!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

pun also intended :)

Bullaholic
03-02-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
expensive :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well, maybe it's because most bowlers don't hit the pins with the ball while it is still in the air, DU_stud. :D

You are "un muchacho grande"---I've seen you before.

BullFrog Dad
03-02-2007, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
expensive :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: EQUIPMENT COSTS

Bowling Equipment Costs, delivered and installed range from $18,000 per lane to $45,000 per lane. The lower cost is all used, and the higher cost is all new. Most U.S. centers are constructed using a combination of new and used. Bowling equipment will last 30 or more years if properly maintained. Modernizations such as upgraded scoring, new front end furniture, etc. are needed every 5-10 years to keep up with competition. Average cost in the U.S. to completely build a new center, including land, building, nonbowling equipment, and bowling equipment is $ 90,000-$110,000 per lane. The single largest cost variable is whether or not one leases, purchases or constructs a building. Should one decide to outfit an existing building, costs can be in the $50,000 to $65,000 per lane range, complete.

DU_stud04
03-02-2007, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Well, maybe it's because most bowlers don't hit the pins with the ball while it is still in the air, DU_stud. :D

You are "un muchacho grande"---I've seen you before. OHHHH.... i never knew your were supposed to wait for them to be set, i thought it was like the carnival game where you hurl the ball like a baseball at the frame:doh:

:D

DU_stud04
03-02-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
EQUIPMENT COSTS

Bowling Equipment Costs, delivered and installed range from $18,000 per lane to $45,000 per lane. The lower cost is all used, and the higher cost is all new. Most U.S. centers are constructed using a combination of new and used. Bowling equipment will last 30 or more years if properly maintained. Modernizations such as upgraded scoring, new front end furniture, etc. are needed every 5-10 years to keep up with competition. Average cost in the U.S. to completely build a new center, including land, building, nonbowling equipment, and bowling equipment is $ 90,000-$110,000 per lane. The single largest cost variable is whether or not one leases, purchases or constructs a building. Should one decide to outfit an existing building, costs can be in the $50,000 to $65,000 per lane range, complete. so im guessing i need to find a rundown lane where i keep score by hand? im pretty good at keeping score now :D

AP Panther Fan
03-02-2007, 03:42 PM
I am thinking that an alley that charges a set fee per game usually ends up being a bit cheaper than those that charge hourly.

We have a "hometown" bowling alley, somewhat modern, electronic scoring etc...and it is very reasonable. Now, I did take 3 kids bowling one time in Austin on I-35 and paid through the nose for that and it was nowhere near as nice as our local lanes.

stangGirl2007
03-02-2007, 03:56 PM
I save money by not bothering to go bowling. With the way I bowl.. it's probally not worth the money:(

Bullaholic
03-02-2007, 04:06 PM
Here's some "back in the day" bowling stories, DU_Stud:

In New Orleans in the 60's I used to bowl from 5:00-9:00 a.m. for $2.00 flat fee. Sometimes I rolled up to 36 games.

I used to bowl in leagues 5 nights a week. The first job I ever had was behind the desk in a bowling alley.

There used to be a Jr. travelling league in New Orleans on Sunday afternoons. Each house picked their 5 best Jr. bowlers and put them on a team. We travelled to different lanes each week---there were 22 bowling alleys in New Orleans. We bowled each other "scratch" without any handicaps. A couple of the guys in this league went into the PBA a couple of years later. One of em' was named Bobby Jacks. He was a lefty who had one of the most beautiful full-fingertip, left-handed hooks you ever saw. He would set that thing down on the last board on the left and the ball would hook into the pocket so hard that the pins literally "separated" with 5 going left and 5 going right.

carter08
03-02-2007, 04:12 PM
in Lake Jackson its cheap before 5

was gonna go bowling today with some friends, but one is sick, and 2 guys going bowling isn't my idea of fun

Bull19
03-02-2007, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by carter08
in Lake Jackson its cheap before 5

was gonna go bowling today with some friends, but one is sick, and 2 guys going bowling isn't my idea of fun

PROLY A GOOD DECISION ON UR PART,,,MIGHT LOOK KINDA GAY TO SOME PEOPLE

DU_stud04
03-02-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Here's some "back in the day" bowling stories, DU_Stud:

In New Orleans in the 60's I used to bowl from 5:00-9:00 a.m. for $2.00 flat fee. Sometimes I rolled up to 36 games.

I used to bowl in leagues 5 nights a week. The first job I ever had was behind the desk in a bowling alley.

There used to be a Jr. travelling league in New Orleans on Sunday afternoons. Each house picked their 5 best Jr. bowlers and put them on a team. We travelled to different lanes each week---there were 22 bowling alleys in New Orleans. We bowled each other "scratch" without any handicaps. A couple of the guys in this league went into the PBA a couple of years later. One of em' was named Bobby Jacks. He was a lefty who had one of the most beautiful full-fingertip, left-handed hooks you ever saw. He would set that thing down on the last board on the left and the ball would hook into the pocket so hard that the pins literally "separated" with 5 going left and 5 going right.

never bowled growing up, no bowling lanes within 40miles or so. bowled 2-3 times in highschool. got up here to arlington and bowled twice, then they decided to do free classes after 15 credit hours so i took a bowling class since it was going to be free...and i needed a pe course. love it now, cant throw a hook, too harsh on my elbow but ive got a good throw for a straight bowler, been averaging around 175 lately, bowled my first 200 + game a month ago...got a 223 with 6 strikes 5spares.

i like bowling :), bowl for free monday and wednesdays here at the university....just looking for a good place on the weekend that wont kill my wallet. i wish main event had the monday special on the weekends

BuffyMars
03-02-2007, 04:40 PM
Yeah well I suck at bowling. Majorly.

And I made the mistake of going bowling with Terry ONCE. He told me that he hadn't bowled in forever and would probably suck too.

That SOB nearly bowled a perfect game!!!! I was so :mad: :mad: :mad: . I have yet to go bowling with him again. And he was mad cause he didn't bowl better....:foul:

There are 2 things I can beat him at...mini-golf and table hockey. :tongue:

stangGirl2007
03-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars

And I made the mistake of going bowling with Terry ONCE. He told me that he hadn't bowled in forever and would probably suck too.

That SOB nearly bowled a perfect game!!!! I was so :mad: :mad: :mad: . I have yet to go bowling with him again. And he was mad cause he didn't bowl better....:foul:

I am not the only one bad a bowling for once!:D Yeah I love mini-golf:inlove:

Txbroadcaster
03-02-2007, 05:11 PM

You cant beat me at those two

BuffyMars
03-02-2007, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
You cant beat me at those two

Oh no you didn't! Mini-golf season is coming up! Put your money where your mouth is! :tongue: AND NO PUNS INTENDED. :mad:

Txbroadcaster
03-02-2007, 05:20 PM
Oh no you didn't! Mini-golf season is coming up! Put your money where your mouth is! :tongue: AND NO PUNS INTENDED. :mad:

I just let u win cause we were dating..now that we are married I will dominate

:p