PDA

View Full Version : Burnets 12th MAN

Bulldog1990
12-13-2002, 02:38 AM
I really feel that Burnet has the best fan support I have ever seen. I went to High School there in 1990 but I also was from Plano and I think I have seen great fan support before and I must say for a town of 4700 when have you seen twice as many people from One town come out game after game??? In Plano even for the annual Plano Plano East game we would have 16000 people there from a town of over 250000. Go Big Green

whtfbplaya
12-13-2002, 03:15 PM
Burnet has a great band and band director.

Jacket2000
12-13-2002, 04:59 PM
Everman has a pretty good fan base themselves. Unfortunately, you may not see many of them in SA b/c the majority of them are "ecconimicly disadvantaged". But Im sure that the ones who are able to make the trip will be there screaming their heads off.
J2K

Burnet Dawg06
12-13-2002, 06:00 PM
whtfbplaya
Varsity
Member # 993

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Burnet has a great band and band director. --------------------------------------------------
Hey whtfbplayer, thanks for the compliment. I am in the Burnet band.

HotDawg89
12-13-2002, 06:31 PM
Jacket2000:
Everman has a pretty good fan base themselves. Unfortunately, you may not see many of them in SA b/c the majority of them are "ecconimicly disadvantaged". But Im sure that the ones who are able to make the trip will be there screaming their heads off.
J2KIt seems almost unfair to me still that the game is being played in San Antonio. Why not Waco, where it is about half way for each team? Don't answer that, I know who chose the game site, but it still seems a little too far for the Everman people to travel. I mean- I wouldn't want to be playing in Dallas or Fort Worth...but SA is still a 2 hour drive from here (with kids) Everman is traveling what, 5 or 6 hours? Seems a little unfair to me.

Matthew328
12-13-2002, 08:01 PM
Everman kinda made their own beds in this one...apparently the Bulldogs were dead set on playing on turf...Burnet wanted grass...if Burnet would have gotten their way I am sure the game would be in Waco..but Everman got the turf they wanted..unfortunatley for Everman they lost the flip for home field...there will be some Everman fans there..how many I don't know..I do know I'll be one of them!

greendog fan
12-13-2002, 09:46 PM
Matthew328:
Everman kinda made their own beds in this one...apparently the Bulldogs were dead set on playing on turf...Burnet wanted grass...if Burnet would have gotten their way I am sure the game would be in Waco..but Everman got the turf they wanted..unfortunatley for Everman they lost the flip for home field...there will be some Everman fans there..how many I don't know..I do know I'll be one of them!I thought Burnet won the coin flip and they got the choice on where to play. I know for a fact that Coach Shiply wanted to play on turf.

29x281
12-13-2002, 10:09 PM
The alternate sites are selected before the coin flip, I believe. Everman selected Texas Stadium as its choice, and so Burnet selected the Alamodome. No other turf field in the area is big enough to handle a state championship crowd.

I don't think Burnet or Shipley mind turf, especially the turf at fields like Round Rock and at Texas Stadium. But the kind of turf at the Alamodome isn't near and dear to the hearts of the Burnet players after the Somerset game.

Very little padding, and it leaves burns.

Shipley is 5-0 on coin tosses in this post-season.

Jacket2000
12-13-2002, 11:10 PM
Id be willing to bet that Alamo Stadium in SA would be big enough to hold this game, considering it held the 5a div 1 championship last year.
J2K