PDA

View Full Version : Gatesville's New AD/HC

Swarm 51
03-02-2007, 01:03 AM
The Hornet's new AD/HC is Kyle Cooper who is an OC at Rockwall. Will know more about him in the Saturday edition of the local paper.

JJ7997
03-02-2007, 02:06 AM
Thanks for keeping us posted. I hope he can bring the Hornets back from the past few year's dismal outcomes.

LH Panther Mom
03-02-2007, 07:45 AM
I hope he works out well for the Hornets. Good luck! :)

Clyde
03-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Here is a little info on the new coach.

http://www.kdhnews.com/docs/stories/story.aspx?sid=14611&cid=5

JR2004
03-02-2007, 09:11 PM
Great choice by Gatesville. I think one of the things that the selection committee down there was looking for was someone who reminded them a bit of Kiff Hardin. I think they made a wise choice and they were SMART in being deliberate about making a choice. Despite what one person around here seems to think about their selection process, they did the RIGHT thing.

The guy knows a bit about reclamation projects coming from Rockwall. They knocked off Garland (state semi-finalist who lost by a TD to Cedar Hill) this year and won the district. I don't know if he'll be able to right the ship his first season, but he will fix things and have them back in the playoffs sooner rather than later.

JJ7997
03-02-2007, 09:22 PM
Sounds good. I hope it is soon that they can get back to making playoff runs, I miss listening to the playoff games I couldnt attend on the radio and having a tailgate party at the same time.

JR2004
03-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997
Sounds good. I hope it is soon that they can get back to making playoff runs, I miss listening to the playoff games I couldnt attend on the radio and having a tailgate party at the same time.

Gosh it seems so long ago that Gatesville was last in the playoffs. I can't believe it's been since 2002 since they were in the playoffs and they haven't won a playoff game since 2001 when they beat Taylor.

I bet it was fun listening to Lobo, Coach Loerwald and Coach Phillips go back and forth during the radio broadcasts when Gatesville was making deep playoff runs. Loerwald was funny to work with the two years I did games with him as was Coach Deane. Nothing like listening to a Longhorn and an Aggie cut on each other for 3 hours straight every Friday night!

JJ7997
03-02-2007, 09:52 PM
It does seem like an eternity ago. Its high time we kept China out of the playoffs not vice versa.

burnet44
03-03-2007, 12:13 AM
lol
no kidding
just as long as you dont keep the rockets out

its ok

lorena dont have to worry about it

eagles_victory
03-03-2007, 12:48 AM
i hope he doesnt schedule teams who are just intrested in running the score up right deb? lol jk :D

Swarm 51
03-03-2007, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by JJ7997
Thanks for keeping us posted. I hope he can bring the Hornets back from the past few year's dismal outcomes.

With time, there is no doubt Coach Cooper will put the Hornets back on the football map. I hope some of the Gatesville fans will give him that time and not expect overnight miracles. This next year's talent level will be down, but I am sure under the new coach's leadership, the team will be very competitive.