PDA

View Full Version : Make your Case for best Baseball Coch

injuredinmelee
03-01-2007, 02:56 PM
in 3A. Its hard to look past Clay Martin at Abilene Wylie. I think the following is true. They have lost to the eventual state champion 5 of the last 6 years in the playoffs. I could be wrong but it is something close to that. He usually does it without a dominant pitcher. They are a force almost every season on the diamond.

Clay is also Defensive coordinator at Wylie. MY pick to take over the AD role if Sandifer ever leaves.

injuredinmelee
03-01-2007, 02:56 PM
sorry about the title.. i cant type at all.

piratebg
03-01-2007, 03:21 PM
Coach Gene Kasprzyk from Sinton cannot be ignored as well. He has coached the Pirates to 3 state championships, several other state tournament appearances, and plenty of district titles. He's a proven winner and a great teacher.

CenTexSports
03-01-2007, 03:30 PM
The Yoe baseball coach. If he doesn't like you he shoots you. He got one this past weekend.

Adidas410s
03-01-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
The Yoe baseball coach. If he doesn't like you he shoots you. He got one this past weekend.

:eek: :confused:

CenTexSports
03-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Suspect injured in botched burglary

A botched burglary in the 600 block of 13th Street in Cameron early Saturday morning ended with a Rosebud man being shot.

James David Toffelmire, 28, was shot by a 12-gauge shotgun around 3 a.m. on Saturday after he attempted to break into a home and steal a vehicle from that same residence according to Cameron Police reports.

The homeowner was awoken by the noise of someone trying to get into the front door of the house. He told police that when he opened the front door, Toffelmire was standing at the passenger side of the homeowner's 2003 Ford pickup with the door open. The assailant then stared at the homeowner, and walked around to the driver's side of the truck.

The homeowner said he then went inside and grabbed the gun.

According to reports he then came out and saw Toffelmire with his hands below the steering wheel, possibly trying to start the vehicle or getting ready to pull out a weapon.

The homeowner then fired one shot, a dove load of small pellets according to police, into the front windshield of the truck, spraying pellets into the front seat and striking Toffelmire.

The burglar then fled the scene on foot as the homeowner called for police.

Cameron Police Department officers Patrick Guffey and Kris Stringer located the subject about two hours later hiding in the bushes at a residence on 12th Street.

Toffelmire was arrested and taken to Central Texas Hospital to have 12 pellets from the gunshot removed from his chest and face according to officers.

He was then booked into the Milam County Jail on charges of burglary of a vehicle. He remained in jail as of Wednesday with bond set at $2,000.

The homeowner is not facing any charges and police say that they will not be seeking to press charges against him. However, the Milam County district attorney will make the final decision.

bandera7
03-01-2007, 05:54 PM
Richard Vossen in Bandera. He took a decent program and turned them into a playoff team last year, and this years team is fully expecting to go far deeper than last years, with good reason. They have blown past everybody so far. I cant seem to find the rankings right now, but that is irrelevant, because they will finish near the top before its over, watch out for Bandera Baseball.

neck_06
03-01-2007, 05:57 PM
the coach from Fal has to be good.....we played them two years in a row in the playoffs and they still haven't made an error.

Bull19
03-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
the coach from Fal has to be good.....we played them two years in a row in the playoffs and they still haven't made an error.

ARE YOU SAYING THAT THE TEAM AS A WHOLE HASNT COMMITED AN ERROR IN TWO YEARS?

neck_06
03-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
ARE YOU SAYING THAT THE TEAM AS A WHOLE HASNT COMMITED AN ERROR IN TWO YEARS?

i'm saying that in the two series that we played them (4 games, 32 innings) they didn't make an error.

Bull19
03-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
i'm saying that in the two series that we played them (4 games, 32 innings) they didn't make an error.

STILL PRETTY IMPRESSIVE IN HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL

SintonFan
03-01-2007, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Coach Gene Kasprzyk from Sinton cannot be ignored as well. He has coached the Pirates to 3 state championships, several other state tournament appearances, and plenty of district titles. He's a proven winner and a great teacher.
I agree and not just because I'm a homer. How many other coaches have his record since the late 80's?

SintonFan
03-01-2007, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Suspect injured in botched burglary

A botched burglary in the 600 block of 13th Street in Cameron early Saturday morning ended with a Rosebud man being shot.

James David Toffelmire, 28, was shot by a 12-gauge shotgun around 3 a.m. on Saturday after he attempted to break into a home and steal a vehicle from that same residence according to Cameron Police reports.

The homeowner was awoken by the noise of someone trying to get into the front door of the house. He told police that when he opened the front door, Toffelmire was standing at the passenger side of the homeowner's 2003 Ford pickup with the door open. The assailant then stared at the homeowner, and walked around to the driver's side of the truck.

The homeowner said he then went inside and grabbed the gun.

According to reports he then came out and saw Toffelmire with his hands below the steering wheel, possibly trying to start the vehicle or getting ready to pull out a weapon.

The homeowner then fired one shot, a dove load of small pellets according to police, into the front windshield of the truck, spraying pellets into the front seat and striking Toffelmire.

The burglar then fled the scene on foot as the homeowner called for police.

Cameron Police Department officers Patrick Guffey and Kris Stringer located the subject about two hours later hiding in the bushes at a residence on 12th Street.

Toffelmire was arrested and taken to Central Texas Hospital to have 12 pellets from the gunshot removed from his chest and face according to officers.

He was then booked into the Milam County Jail on charges of burglary of a vehicle. He remained in jail as of Wednesday with bond set at $2,000.

The homeowner is not facing any charges and police say that they will not be seeking to press charges against him. However, the Milam County district attorney will make the final decision.
I like this guy already.:D

pirate4state
03-01-2007, 06:40 PM

:clap: Coach K gets my vote!!

neck - David Salazar is the Fal coach if I'm not mistaken and he is a very good coach!! :clap: :clap:

piratebg
03-01-2007, 06:48 PM
Does anyone know where we can find Coach K's record in Sinton?

GreenMonster
03-01-2007, 06:53 PM
Normally my vote here would go to Iowa Park's David Fuhrman and his 239 wins over the past 14 seasons. Unfortunately he decided to step away from coaching this year to strictly teach and spend time with his own kids for a change. Ironically, eventhough he stepped down he is currently the assistant baseball coach at Iowa Park. One of his assistants from last year's team was promoted to head coach and the other was promoted at mid term to Jr Hi Asst Principal and the school never hired a 3rd coach this year. That meant only 1 coach was left after the mid term promotion. Fuhrman was asked to fill the void for the rest of this school year.

pirate4state
03-01-2007, 06:55 PM
Does anyone know where we can find Coach K's record in Sinton? I think sometime last year there was a write up about him in our local paper. I doubt he knows his record.

Emerson1
03-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Nice to see people being subjective and not picking coaches just from their hometown.

piratebg
03-01-2007, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Nice to see people being subjective and not picking coaches just from their hometown.

Dude what did you expect? :D

SintonFan
03-01-2007, 07:22 PM
Really dude, this is NOT about being a homer. The guy is genuine!

Bull Butter
03-01-2007, 07:32 PM

If it makes you feel any better, I'm not from Sinton and I would vote for Coach K