PDA

View Full Version : ESPN poll for player of the year

Funk-d-fied
03-01-2007, 02:08 PM
The two pundits on SportsCenter were discussing the online poll and mentioned that KD was leading the nation with a 50% vote; however, it was very funny that one of the very few (maybe 5) states he didn't lead in was Texas because Acie was leading the votes there.

They said "There must be a LOT of Aggies in Texas"

Adidas410s
03-01-2007, 02:10 PM
homers :mad:

Adidas410s
03-01-2007, 02:11 PM
It's current Acie Law at 48% and Durant at 47%.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=ncb&pollId=43320

Bulldog_12
03-01-2007, 02:12 PM
I would not be surprised to see a kevin durant NPOY with Acie as big 12 POY.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Or maybe just a lot more people feel that Acie is a much better team player who makes big shots in the clutch and makes those around him better as well? Durant is a great single talent, but I think that all the talk about him has taken away from the play of Augustin and Abrams. I think without Durant on the team, Texas would function more smoothly as a team and would have been a lot better. Sure, Durant brings a lot to the table, but team chemistry is a lot more beneficial and makes the team more successful, but that's just my humble opinion.

Funk-d-fied
03-01-2007, 02:15 PM
In other news....

Durant had no assists last night in a 3 hour game.

injuredinmelee
03-01-2007, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
In other news....

but he had 16 boards. He isn't a PG...

Bulldog_12
03-01-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Or maybe just a lot more people feel that Acie is a much better team player who makes big shots in the clutch and makes those around him better as well? Durant is a great single talent, but I think that all the talk about him has taken away from the play of Augustin and Abrams. I think without Durant on the team, Texas would function more smoothly as a team and would have been a lot better. Sure, Durant brings a lot to the table, but team chemistry is a lot more beneficial and makes the team more successful, but that's just my humble opinion.

Rick Barnes disagrees with you.

"If you take Kevin off our team, we're probably no better than 8-8 in conference play," Barnes said. "I'm not sure you can say that about anyone else."

This is where it came from (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/022807dnspoutlede.2b8e717.html)

Funk-d-fied
03-01-2007, 02:17 PM
That's a total of 12 assists in the last 13 games, no assists in the last four games.

Txbroadcaster
03-01-2007, 02:18 PM

If you feel that way then u have not watched alot of Horns games

Durant CARRIED this team at the beginning of conference play. He also is VERY BIG on team play. He has offered to come off the bench to help the team...he has talked with coaches aboiut how to get the team more involved in the offense

He has said MANY times that Abrams was the most important part of the team.

sorry but if your going to say Durant is not a good team player that is a bias viewed.

BOTH Law and Durant are catalyst for their teams, they BOTH make the team better and do NOTHING to detract from the team

Funk-d-fied
03-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Who's Rick Barnes...

TheDOCTORdre
03-01-2007, 02:19 PM
In other news....

In more important news Texas still won the game

Funk-d-fied
03-01-2007, 02:19 PM
Durant pounds on his chest after every shot and makes his "mean" face, that detracts from his team.

injuredinmelee
03-01-2007, 02:21 PM
Durant pounds on his chest after every shot and makes his "mean" face, that detracts from his team.

yeah Acie didnt do any of that after his big 3's last night.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
If you feel that way then u have not watched alot of Horns games

Durant CARRIED this team at the beginning of conference play. He also is VERY BIG on team play. He has offered to come off the bench to help the team...he has talked with coaches aboiut how to get the team more involved in the offense

He has said MANY times that Abrams was the most important part of the team.

sorry but if your going to say Durant is not a good team player that is a bias viewed.

BOTH Law and Durant are catalyst for their teams, they BOTH make the team better and do NOTHING to detract from the team

That's not what I mean, what I'm talking about is Abrams and Augustin having to play in his shadow and turn on ESPN to only hear talk about Durant. Those two guys are under-rated and I think that it's making them play below their potential, that's all.

injuredinmelee
You take Law IV off the agiies they have 15 wins on the season.. maybe..

Funk-d-fied
that was clutch and he said that to his teammates not in an attempt to show his macho side....LOL

"That's what I do!"

Txbroadcaster
03-01-2007, 02:22 PM
That's not what I mean, what I'm talking about is Abrams and Augustin having to play in his shadow and turn on ESPN to only hear talk about Durant. Those two guys are under-rated and I think that it's making them play below their potential, that's all.

that is a huge assumption...And how can u not say the same thing about Aggie players only seeing all the great shots by Law?

injuredinmelee
03-01-2007, 02:22 PM
I loved the crowd last night encouraging Durant to stay. Wouldnt it be great if he stayed one more year. He, Abrams, and Augustine wih one year experience under their belts... What a dream...

Adidas410s
03-01-2007, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
yeah Acie didnt do any of that after his big 3's last night.

good one...:thumbsup:

TheDOCTORdre
03-01-2007, 02:23 PM

I agree with you that Abrams and Augustin are extremely underrated,

injuredinmelee
03-01-2007, 02:24 PM
that was clutch and he said that to his teammates not in an attempt to show his macho side....LOL

"That's what I do!"

Oh yes i forgot you have the insight into Acie's mind. All basketball players celebrate their accomplishments on the floor now. Its become part of the game unfortunately.

Bulldog_12
03-01-2007, 02:24 PM

I can agree with that. I have said that Abrams could be the most important piece of that team. Highly underrated. Quickest shot release I have ever seen.

Funk-d-fied
03-01-2007, 02:25 PM
Foul Comparison

Texas A&M last night- called for 28 personal fouls, 27 in the previos matchup.

Kevin Durant has been called for 29 personal fouls in BIG12 conference play....

So thats what they talk about when referring to the KD factor...:thinking:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
that is a huge assumption...And how can u not say the same thing about Aggie players only seeing all the great shots by Law?

You can say that, I never said you couldn't, I just think that Abrams and Augustin can perform a lot better than they have been. They seemed to be, in my opinion, better players before everyone on the planet started talking about how great Durant was. I think that it detracted from the team chemistry and brought down there level of play. That is coming from a person who has watched Texas play in the past. I guess you just don't get my point, and if you don't, then stop trying to argue with me and prove that you're always right, it gets pretty damn old sometimes.

injuredinmelee
Nobody has put down any player in this whole thread with the exception of maroon colored funky. Why is that? I bleed orange and I gave nothing but mad props ( see im in touch with the kids) to Law last night on the board. Why did this have to becoem a pissing contest for you funkie?

Snyder_TigerFan
03-01-2007, 02:26 PM
I loved the crowd last night encouraging Durant to stay. Wouldnt it be great if he stayed one more year. He, Abrams, and Augustine wih one year experience under their belts... What a dream...

We can only hope. Personally, I wouldn't risk the millions...so I don't blame him if he leaves.

Adidas410s
Foul Comparison

Texas A&M last night- called for 28 personal fouls, 27 in the previos matchup.

Kevin Durant has been called for 29 personal fouls in BIG12 conference play....

So thats what they talk about when referring to the KD factor...:thinking:

How many fouls have Law, Jackson, Boggan, etc been called for??

Ya know funk...just cuz you're an aggie doesn't mean that you ALWAYS have to be such a donk :rolleyes:

Funk-d-fied
In mu opinion Augustin is the second best point guard in the league and has to be the best freshman point guard in the nation along with greene from florida, the kid from ohio state, and the kid from villanova.

Bulldog_12
03-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Nobody has put down any player in this whole thread with the exception of maroon colored funky. Why is that? I bleed orange and I gave nothing but mad props ( see im in touch with the kids) to Law last night on the board. Why did this have to becoem a pissing contest for you funkie?

I agree. As much as a die-hard as I am, even I recognize that it was an amazing game and Durant is probably the best player I have seen at the college level in a LONG time. That being said, he is GONE after this year. Recall Richard Roby if you will.

Funk-d-fied
03-01-2007, 02:28 PM
HA you said "donk"!

Acie Law in Big12 play- 40 personal fouls.

Boggan- 48 PF with 2 games to go.

Txbroadcaster
03-01-2007, 02:28 PM
That is coming from a person who has watched Texas play in the past. I guess you just don't get my point, and if you don't, then stop trying to argue with me and prove that you're always right, it gets pretty damn old sometimes.

Ohh So your allowed to voice your opinion, but if I disagree then I cant voice mine.

We are having a debate..once again it turns personal..WHY.

I never said I was right, I was just disagreeing with you.

Adidas410s
03-01-2007, 02:30 PM
HA you said "donk"!

Acie Law in Big12 play- 40 personal fouls.

Boggan- 48 PF with 2 games to go.

So Durant is averaging 1.8 fouls/game...Law is averaging 2.6 fouls/game. Looks like it's more than just Durant...

Funk-d-fied
03-01-2007, 02:31 PM
Let's just all call a truce, LOL

I never pissed on Durant I was simply pointing out my opinion and stating stats, that is all. I have been called a toll, and a donk....

Let's leave it at that or if you want to I can go on all day but feelings are beginning to get hurt so let's all calm down.

Bulldog_12
The refs were actually pretty decent last night. my only complaint was the final foul when Augustin had Acie's jersey and they said it was from the floor. In my opinion it should have either been an intentional foul or Acie shooting 3 since he was in the air. that's the only thing, outside of losing :) , that I can complain about. Im glad I was there.

injuredinmelee
Originally posted by Adidas410s
So Durant is averaging 1.8 fouls/game...Law is averaging 2.6 fouls/game. Looks like it's more than just Durant...
i cant believe Durnat didnt tackle Law on the shot that ended regulation.

injuredinmelee
03-01-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
The refs were actually pretty decent last night. my only complaint was the final foul when Augustin had Acie's jersey and they said it was from the floor. In my opinion it should have either been an intentional foul or Acie shooting 3 since he was in the air. that's the only thing, outside of losing :) , that I can complain about. Im glad I was there.

yeaht hat should have been an intentonal foul. Acie is such an intellignet player. The final foukld shot was perfect. The ref was still on teh floor blocking out the UT defender. Hope ACie lands with a good NBA team in a big market so we can watch him paly. Hate to see him get stuck in Toronto, Milwaulkee(sp) or some other crap market.

Bulldog_12
03-01-2007, 02:40 PM
yeaht hat should have been an intentonal foul. Acie is such an intellignet player. The final foukld shot was perfect. The ref was still on teh floor blocking out the UT defender. Hope ACie lands with a good NBA team in a big market so we can watch him paly. Hate to see him get stuck in Toronto, Milwaulkee(sp) or some other crap market.

I am hopeful of that too. Right now, nbadraft.com has him going to New Jersey for a reunion with Antoine Wright at #14.

Mock Draft (http://www.nbadraft.net/)

injuredinmelee
03-01-2007, 02:42 PM
i heaqrd on Czabans show on Fox Sports Radio this morning that there is a rumored $50 millon endorsement deal with Nike waiting on Durant. maybe they can get a booster to step up and take care of him for one more year at least. (oh come on you know it happens in both major college sports everywhere)

Funk-d-fied
03-01-2007, 02:43 PM
Who is this beast and where is he going to play ball at?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSjNQjdb2kI

Snyder_TigerFan
03-01-2007, 02:44 PM
i heaqrd on Czabans show on Fox Sports Radio this morning that there is a rumored $50 millon endorsement deal with Nike waiting on Durant. maybe they can get a booster to step up and take care of him for one more year at least. (oh come on you know it happens in both major college sports everywhere)

Bye Bye UT. :(

halfnhalf
03-01-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
I would not be surprised to see a kevin durant NPOY with Acie as big 12 POY.
That would be good, both deserve some kind of award for the years they are having.

sahen
03-01-2007, 03:07 PM
i dont know who will win player of the year, my guess is Durant cause it seems like ESPN started promoting him early in the year so half the nation has seen a ton of him though Law has shined and made them rethink their pick since the Kansas games, that in its self is a hard thing to do, make ESPN consider that they may have been wrong....but as a baylor fan i can safely say i will be happy next year when both of them are gone, w/o those two players the Bears would probably have 4 more wins....

Highschoolfan78
03-01-2007, 03:07 PM
I'd never thought i'd see the day of competitive basketball talk between the two schools on here... What a great year for the Big XII! I enjoy college basketball so much more when more than one texas team is involved.

Phil C
03-01-2007, 03:19 PM
If Martelus had played basketball the Aggies would have won.

Snyder_TigerFan
03-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
If Martelus had played basketball the Aggies would have won.

Originally posted by Phil C
I prefer to stay with quality over quantity myself.

:confused: :D

Adidas410s
03-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by sahen
but as a baylor fan i can safely say i will be happy next year when both of them are gone, w/o those two players the Bears would probably have 4 more wins....

ha...doubt it...