PDA

View Full Version : Cuban Trying to Buy Cubs...Fact or Fiction?

Bullaholic
03-01-2007, 01:00 PM
Wonder if this story is fact or fiction?

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2007/02/mark-cuban-in-megabucks-bid-for-cubs.php

Bull19
03-01-2007, 02:23 PM
ON COLD PIZZA THIS MORNING THEY SAID THAT IT IS FICTION.

injuredinmelee
03-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Didnt he really really want to buy the Pirates, his hometown team?

Adidas410s
03-01-2007, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Didnt he really really want to buy the Pirates, his hometown team?

That's what I heard. I heard 1st the Penguins...2nd the Pirates.

Bulldog_12
03-01-2007, 02:33 PM
Oh God. Mark Cuban in a baseball setting. I feel like that would be a terrible combination. he would be in the dugout for every game.

themsu97
03-01-2007, 02:38 PM
yeah... but wouldn't that be great... one of his players gets beaned and he charges the mound with the team and Pedro puts him on the ground like he did Zimmerman or even better... Farnsworth gets a hold of 'em

injuredinmelee
03-01-2007, 02:39 PM
why is it Dallas is the home for eccentirc owners? You ahve cuban running his mouth (in the past) about the NBA officials ( which suck and are told by the league who to allow to win/advance) and helping cost his team an NBA title and JJ who believes himself to be a good evaluter of NFL talent and has sunk his franchise into the depths or mediocrity with bad decisions.

injuredinmelee
03-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Oh God. Mark Cuban in a baseball setting. I feel like that would be a terrible combination. he would be in the dugout for every game.
I could def see him sitting behind home plate in the first row arguing balls and strikes. His players with the mavs seem to love him.

themsu97
03-01-2007, 02:43 PM
what they like about him is his passion to win and he seems to care about his players... that cannot be bad... the problem is that he talks to much... but the working at DQ was great... I kind of like Cuban... I think he is good for the game...

injuredinmelee
03-01-2007, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
what they like about him is his passion to win and he seems to care about his players... that cannot be bad... the problem is that he talks to much... but the working at DQ was great... I kind of like Cuban... I think he is good for the game...
i agree he is a great one.

Highschoolfan78
03-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
yeah... but wouldn't that be great... one of his players gets beaned and he charges the mound with the team and Pedro puts him on the ground like he did Zimmerman or even better... Farnsworth gets a hold of 'em

ahhhh I'd love to see Farnsworth get a hold of him haha!!!