PDA

View Full Version : State wants special car plates for sex offenders

BuffyMars
03-01-2007, 11:14 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

CINCINNATI (Reuters) - Lawmakers in Ohio said on Wednesday they want to force convicted sex offenders to use a fluorescent-green license plate on their cars so they can be easily identified.

ADVERTISEMENT

A Republican and a Democrat in the state legislature in Columbus have joined forces to propose the law, which echoes measures in several U.S. states that require convicted drunken drivers to use a yellow, pink or red plate on their cars.

"The fluorescent-green license plate will make the most egregious sex offenders easily identifiable," state Democratic Rep. Michael DeBose said in a statement.

Police said the green plates would allow them to track sex offenders, who are already required to register with the local sheriff's office and are prohibited from living within 1,000 feet of a school.

"It will give Ohio families a great peace of mind knowing that their children will be able to recognize where this danger exists," Summit County Sheriff Drew Alexander said.

Alexander joined the politicians at a news conference in Columbus, the state capital, to praise the proposed law.

Opponents of the proposed law argue the use of a special plate would stigmatize everyone who shared the offender's car -- including their spouse or children.

The proposed law will be debated in committee before a decision is made whether to put the proposal to a vote.

kaorder1999
03-01-2007, 11:15 AM
I think that is an awesome idea!!!! I guess its bad if you were falsley accused and convicted though!

Phil C
03-01-2007, 11:16 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

pirate44
03-01-2007, 11:16 AM
this will increase vigilante justice

Txbroadcaster
03-01-2007, 11:17 AM
Wow takes the game of naming different states liscense plates to a new level

Adidas410s
03-01-2007, 11:18 AM
Maybe they should be made to wear golden stars..or colored arm bands...yeah...that would serve them right :mad:

jason
03-01-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Maybe they should be made to wear golden stars..or colored arm bands...yeah...that would serve them right :mad: what about the guy who is barely over 18 and has a gf just under 18 but the girls parents file charges - i dont think you should be a registered sex offender for that...(ages can vary, but i think i made my point)

BuffyMars
I am all for it!

When I was in school planning to be a psychologist....they always tell you there will be a group of individuals that you just can't work with....that you believe there is no rehabilitation for them...that its next to impossible.

And for me that is sex offenders.

Sorry, but I have never felt the least bit sympathetic towards them.

In my opinion, after a person has been victimized by a rapist...they might as well have killed them, because they have forever damaged their psyche.

kaorder1999
Originally posted by jason
what about the guy who is barely over 18 and has a gf just under 18 but the girls parents file charges - i dont think you should be a registered sex offender for that...

just dont break the law and everything would be ok

CHS_CG
03-01-2007, 11:20 AM
its a good idea but in truth all its gunna do is piss people off and more cars are gunna be damnaged

kaorder1999
03-01-2007, 11:21 AM
it doesnt say in the law that you cant have a GF under 18 if you are over 18. It says you cant have sexual relations with a minor...big difference!

Phil C
Originally posted by kaorder1999
just dont break the law and everything would be ok

ka that is a profound, logical and true statement. Magnificient!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Adidas410s
Maybe they should be made to wear golden stars..or colored arm bands...yeah...that would serve them right :mad:

better yet...we could brand their foreheads with a big X so that they stand out to everybody.

kaorder1999
03-01-2007, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
ka that is a profound, logical and true statement. Magnificient!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

well thank you!

BuffyMars
03-01-2007, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by jason
what about the guy who is barely over 18 and has a gf just under 18 but the girls parents file charges - i dont think you should be a registered sex offender for that...(ages can vary, but i think i made my point)

I never agree with that. But the parents who force girls to do that have to live with the guilt.

Phil C
03-01-2007, 11:25 AM
DON'T BREAK THE LAW! BE LAW ABIDING CITIZENS! IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBT ABOUT SOMETHING BEING LEGAL OR NOT DON'T DO IT!

kaorder1999
03-01-2007, 11:26 AM
DON'T BREAK THE LAW! BE LAW ABIDING CITIZENS! IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBT ABOUT SOMETHING BEING LEGAL OR NOT DON'T DO IT! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

shankbear
03-01-2007, 11:28 AM
A girl in Texas can consent at 17. (or a boy) lol

Phil C
03-01-2007, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by shankbear
A girl in Texas can consent at 17. (or a boy) lol

:eek: :(

DU_stud04
03-01-2007, 11:31 AM
better yet...we could brand their foreheads with a big X so that they stand out to everybody. http://www.rennysniche.com/AlphabetGallery/KathysAlphabets/Kathys_Scarlet_Letter_A.JPG

Adidas410s
03-01-2007, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
http://www.rennysniche.com/AlphabetGallery/KathysAlphabets/Kathys_Scarlet_Letter_A.JPG

at least SOMEBODY gets my point ;)

Phil C
03-01-2007, 11:34 AM
better yet...we could brand their foreheads with a big X so that they stand out to everybody.

SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Oh Wait :o Never Mind.

BuffyMars
03-01-2007, 11:34 AM
SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!

ROFL!! :clap:

DU_stud04
03-01-2007, 11:35 AM
SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!

Oh Wait :o Never Mind. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Blastoderm55
03-01-2007, 11:36 AM
From a civil rights standpoint, I think this is totally wrong. However, from the standpoint of a future parent whose children may be targeted by a pedophile, there may be no step that is too extreme in our attempts to protect children. Like Jason said, a lot depends on the severity of the offense. It is already required that sex offenders in this area, if not the entire state, post signs in their front yards notifying the public of their crime. Frankly, having these license plates would do more harm than good when an incensed victim or victim's relative sees a sex offender cruising in front of them during the morning commute and takes justice into their own hands.

Adidas410s
SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!

Their is a punishment for a crime. Once it has been served...then he has fulfilled his debt to society. There is no need to continually chastise and rebrand somebody.

How many people on here have ever stolen something? I would venture to say a high percentage of us have. Even though we were never caught and/or prosecuted...we still broke the law. Maybe we should make every person that has ever committed a theft or robbery wear a necklace that flashes a bright red color. That way when they go into any place where they could possibly buy something...they are run out of the store and/or watched with great suspicion at all times.

DU_stud04
at least SOMEBODY gets my point ;) what are you talking about??? i just happen to like that font/color/letter........:D

kaorder1999
03-01-2007, 11:38 AM
Their is a punishment for a crime. Once it has been served...then he has fulfilled his debt to society. There is no need to continually chastise and rebrand somebody.

How many people on here have ever stolen something? I would venture to say a high percentage of us have. Even though we were never caught and/or prosecuted...we still broke the law. Maybe we should make every person that has ever committed a theft or robbery wear a necklace that flashes a bright red color. That way when they go into any place where they could possibly buy something...they are run out of the store and/or watched with great suspicion at all times.

then why even make them register as a sex offender then if they have already served their punishment? Are you against that as well?

BuffyMars
03-01-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
From a civil rights standpoint, I think this is totally wrong. However, from the standpoint of a future parent whose children may be targeted by a pedophile, there may be no step that is too extreme in our attempts to protect children. Like Jason said, a lot depends on the severity of the offense. It is already required that sex offenders in this area, if not the entire state, post signs in their front yards notifying the public of their crime. Frankly, having these license plates would do more harm than good when an incensed victim or victim's relative sees a sex offender cruising in front of them during the morning commute and takes justice into their own hands.

I have a feeling they would most likely move out of Ohio anyway...lol.

Phil C
03-01-2007, 11:41 AM

STOP THIEF!!

kaorder1999
03-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
I have a feeling they would most likely move out of Ohio anyway...lol.

well then its a good way to get Sex Offenders out of your state!

kaorder1999
03-01-2007, 11:43 AM

if I'm stolen from I will recover. When someone is sexually assaulted or abused its a little harder to recover!

Adidas410s
03-01-2007, 11:43 AM
then why even make them register as a sex offender then if they have already served their punishment? Are you against that as well?

registration and public humiliation are two different things. The idea of placing a permanent marking on them just reminds me a bit too much of the way that the Nazis marked the Jews, minorities, gays, etc.

I think it's important and necessary to make this information available to others. However....to treat them like a leper and to cause constant public shame is going WAY too far IMO.

BuffyMars
03-01-2007, 11:45 AM
registration and public humiliation are two different things. The idea of placing a permanent marking on them just reminds me a bit too much of the way that the Nazis marked the Jews, minorities, gays, etc.

I think it's important and necessary to make this information available to others. However....to treat them like a leper and to cause constant public shame is going WAY too far IMO.

The Jews were wrongly persecuted.

We are talking about threats to our society.

Black_Magic
03-01-2007, 11:46 AM

CINCINNATI (Reuters) - Lawmakers in Ohio said on Wednesday they want to force convicted sex offenders to use a fluorescent-green license plate on their cars so they can be easily identified.

ADVERTISEMENT

A Republican and a Democrat in the state legislature in Columbus have joined forces to propose the law, which echoes measures in several U.S. states that require convicted drunken drivers to use a yellow, pink or red plate on their cars.

"The fluorescent-green license plate will make the most egregious sex offenders easily identifiable," state Democratic Rep. Michael DeBose said in a statement.

Police said the green plates would allow them to track sex offenders, who are already required to register with the local sheriff's office and are prohibited from living within 1,000 feet of a school.

"It will give Ohio families a great peace of mind knowing that their children will be able to recognize where this danger exists," Summit County Sheriff Drew Alexander said.

Alexander joined the politicians at a news conference in Columbus, the state capital, to praise the proposed law.

Opponents of the proposed law argue the use of a special plate would stigmatize everyone who shared the offender's car -- including their spouse or children.

The proposed law will be debated in committee before a decision is made whether to put the proposal to a vote.

:eek: :eek: :eek: It may have problems being constitutional. I dont know . Just because a law is passed by a state house does not mean it will stand . I agree with this statement in a way. "Opponents of the proposed law argue the use of a special plate would stigmatize everyone who shared the offender's car -- including their spouse or children." Its a tough question.
:thinking:

Adidas410s
03-01-2007, 11:48 AM
We are talking about threats to our society.

Go ask the nazis what they considered a jew, a gay, etc to be. They considered them to be a threat to their way of life. People don't persecute just for the heck of it. They persecute because they are fearful of others for whatever reason.

DU_stud04
03-01-2007, 11:49 AM

I think it's important and necessary to make this information available to others. However....to treat them like a leper and to cause constant public shame is going WAY too far IMO. :clap: :clap: :clap:

(note: im am not sticking up for sex offenders. im merely taking up for peoples rights)

kaorder1999
03-01-2007, 11:50 AM

(note: im am not sticking up for sex offenders. im merely taking up for peoples rights)

I think they forfeit certain rights when they chose to affect someone elses life in the way they did....

Adidas410s
03-01-2007, 11:51 AM

see...it's not just about the color and font anymore. ;)

Black_Magic
03-01-2007, 12:00 PM
I think they forfeit certain rights when they chose to affect someone elses life in the way they did.... True when you are in Prison. If you dont want to let them out then keep them in jail and have tax payers pay for it. If you let them out have them register with local police. No need to have a star of david type thing on them though. If your letting them out your saying they are not a threat to society anymore or they have paid for the crime.

pirate44
03-01-2007, 12:03 PM
comparing Jews of the holocost to sex offenders should be a crime. what drugs are you people on:mad:

DU_stud04
03-01-2007, 12:08 PM
I think they forfeit certain rights when they chose to affect someone elses life in the way they did.... i was thinking of a good analogy( i like analogies) but my mind is blank, lack of sleep and too much studying is kill my brain. when i think of a good one finally,ill repost it.

when they chose to affect someone else like that, yes, i agree, something should be done to them. a little jail time, put a sign in front of their house telling the neighborhood that that person is a sexual offender, make them sign up where the list is accessible over the internet, but when you start profiling with different colored license plates, i do believe thats just going into public humiliation.

then again, there may be sex offenders out there who haven't been caught and they could be anyone...the little league coach, school teacher, relative, pastor..... its like telling your kids not to go with strangers(which always look pale and wear solid black and look creepy as hell......) i think a little comes back to the parents on who they let their kids around....if you have that crazy horny cousin who you think is a little crazy...don't let your kids around him unsupervised. use a little common sense.

i also realize you cant use that argument for ever case, maybe just one or two out of a big handful. there are some sick people in the world and we have to live with them. It would be nice to know who is a sex offender, but to me, when you start profiling them its no different than profiling ....lets say....people with aids. aids is a risk to my life that i don't want to chance. do i know that person has aids just by looking at them? no, but what if we made every person who has aids start driving around with a blue license plate? would it but much different profiling?

better yet, my best idea today. lets just make it mandatory for all sex offenders to walk around with a bright red "S" on the front of their shirts everywhere they go.

Blastoderm55
03-01-2007, 12:12 PM
better yet, my best idea today. lets just make it mandatory for all sex offenders to walk around with a bright red "S" on the front of their shirts everywhere they go.

Oh that'll work. The kids will think he's Superman. :rolleyes: :p

DU_stud04
03-01-2007, 12:14 PM
Oh that'll work. The kids will think he's Superman. :rolleyes: :p :mad: :mad: :mad:

kaorder1999
03-01-2007, 12:14 PM
i got it...just remove their sexual reproductive organs and dont bother doing anything publically to them! Nah....I guess that wouldnt stop all of them but it would slow a bunch of them down!

DU_stud04
03-01-2007, 12:15 PM
i got it...just remove their sexual reproductive organs and dont bother doing anything publically to them! Nah....I guess that wouldnt stop all of them but it would slow a bunch of them down! :rolleyes:

bobcat1
03-01-2007, 12:16 PM
Can I be in charge of the branding process?:mad::D

kaorder1999
03-01-2007, 12:19 PM
in all seriousness....if you have ever known or been close to someone who has fallen victim to a sexual predator then you will not care at all about their civil rights. But maybe thats just me who thinks that way!

Black_Magic
03-01-2007, 12:20 PM
Oh that'll work. The kids will think he's Superman. :rolleyes: :p people will think they are from sweetwater:clap:

bobcat1
03-01-2007, 12:21 PM
in all seriousness....if you have ever known someone who has fallen victim to a sexual predator then you will not care at all about their civil rights. But maybe thats just me who thinks that way!
I would be in favor of turning them over to the victim's family for punishment. I know I would like to get a hold of one guy in particular concerning a member of my family. :mad:

Black_Magic
in all seriousness....if you have ever known or been close to someone who has fallen victim to a sexual predator then you will not care at all about their civil rights. But maybe thats just me who thinks that way! We dont do this to comvicted murderers or wife beaters so why is sex offenders worse.

bobcat1
We need to do it to all of them.

kaorder1999
03-01-2007, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
We dont do this to comvicted murderers or wife beaters so why is sex offenders worse.

I didnt say they were worse. I think they deserve to forfeit certain civil rights too but this threads topic is about sexial offenders

DU_stud04
03-01-2007, 12:24 PM
people will think they are from sweetwater:clap: :doh: :doh: :doh:

kaorder1999
03-01-2007, 12:26 PM
if they get caught stealing...cut theri fingers off. If they get caught raping...cut their......:D :D :D

Black_Magic
03-01-2007, 12:27 PM
the reason you do this kind of thing is because you think they are still a threat to society.... If thats the case dont let them out. if you let them out then make them register with local officials as they do now then go on and start a new life. Heck We are not talking about Murderers or armed robbers.... they are more of a threat than a sex offender in my eyes..

Black_Magic
03-01-2007, 12:27 PM
:doh: :doh: :doh: Good one ay??:D :D :D You had to see that one comming.:D

kaorder1999
03-01-2007, 12:28 PM
the reason you do this kind of thing is because you think they are still a threat to society.... If thats the case dont let them out. if you let them out then make them register with local officials as they do now then go on and start a new life. Heck We are not talking about Murderers or armed robbers.... they are more of a threat than a sex offender in my eyes..

until a member of your family falls victim....but...once again this discussion is not about murderers or armed robbers. That can be another thread in itself!

kaorder1999
03-01-2007, 12:30 PM
when your 12 year old girl falls into the hands of an innocent looking adult male then you will think again about letting them "start a new life". Statistics prove that sexual offenders are often repeat offenders...its usually never a one and done type of deal. And Im not saying that Murders and Armed Robbers are...thought I would clarify it before you commented on it!

Bullaholic
03-01-2007, 12:30 PM
I'm going to "vent" here so get ready---

I think any sex offender who has comitted violent physical abuse or a sexual crime against a small child should be shot and their bodies left to rot---period, no exceptions.

Sorry, not a very intelligent opinion, but it is the only one I have regarding sexual predators of children.

Anybody want to argue the civil rights of this guy:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/08/toddler.death.ap/index.html

kaorder1999
03-01-2007, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

I think any sex offender who has comitted violent physical abuse or a sexual crime against a small child should be shot and their bodies left to rot---period, no exceptions.

Sorry, not a very intelligent opinion, but it is the only one I have regarding sexual predators of children.

amen

Adidas410s
03-01-2007, 12:45 PM

Anybody want to argue the civil rights of this guy:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/08/toddler.death.ap/index.html
To clarify my position. Personally, I agree with your thoughts here. I pulled up that sex offender website and was totally creeped out by seeing these individuals and what they were convicted of. However, as a society, I don't think it is good practice to impose such a wide sweeping policy. For example, consider abortion.

NOTE: Before going any further...I'm not opening up an abortion debate. I'm simply using it as an example of the difference between personal belief and social policy.

While I personally do not agree with abortions...I MUST take the next step and ask myself, "Who am I to cast judgement upon the actions of others simply because I disagree with them?" What I'm trying to say is that we can't go around passing personal beliefs as good public policy because there are always exceptions and loopholes that would be unaccounted for. I hope that clarifies what I was trying to say earlier.

DU_stud04
03-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Good one ay??:D :D :D You had to see that one comming.:D i did after a while....hahaha

Black_Magic
03-01-2007, 01:27 PM
until a member of your family falls victim....but...once again this discussion is not about murderers or armed robbers. That can be another thread in itself! lets take care of first things first now... For example, Lets spend funding on finding a cure for cancer FIRST before we invest money in finding a cure for a cold.... If your worried about people who are a threat to society and idientifying them , then lets start with murderers and armed robbers then go to attempted murderers and then so on. .. that is if you think they should be branded like this does.

burnet44
03-01-2007, 01:27 PM
great idea
probably why It has no chance of passing

good ideas dont

SintonFan
03-01-2007, 01:36 PM

You have a very valid point. I'd say that maybe this could be used for those who are not interested in reform or are unreformable. A number of pedophiles have shown that they can't stop themselves from further crimes.
Dangit! Why don't they just bring back the asylum system(because those pedophiles obviously must be mentally ill) instead of re-releasing these heinously disturbed folks out onto society?:confused:

SintonFan
03-01-2007, 01:39 PM
in all seriousness....if you have ever known or been close to someone who has fallen victim to a sexual predator then you will not care at all about their civil rights. But maybe thats just me who thinks that way!
That's a very dangerous thought. When you start down that slippery slople then everyones rights are in danger. I'm not defending these folks, but maybe they shouldn't be out in the public in the first place?

JuicE68
03-01-2007, 01:46 PM
i think we should take into consideration their faults and advertise them everywhere even outer space.

Adidas410s
03-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by JuicE68
i think we should take into consideration their faults and advertise them everywhere even outer space.

Let's take a look your faults and do the same thing. Are you without fault?

sahen
03-01-2007, 03:44 PM
methinks that some people need to go back and reread the Scarlet Letter...its a slippery slope when you start branding people like that...who is to say they wont start branding people for simple stuff eventually, they already want to use this for other offenses...even alcohol offenses, get a PI outside of a bar and next thing ya know u get a blue license plate, not saying that will happen but our law makers tend to go overboad on stuff, or underboard never right down the middle....

and if someone is dangerous enough that you feel you need to brand them to protect society from them then obviously the punishment wasnt tough enough....put these people in jail for life if you or a doctor or anyone thinks they will do it again....

Bullaholic
03-01-2007, 04:11 PM
The only "slippery slope" that America has gone down is the one coated with grease applied by organizations like the A.C.L.U. which serve to to protect violent criminals and child molesters under the banner of protection of individual rights.

I do believe in the sanctity of individual rights and freedoms, but not to the detrement of the well-being our our country or the welfare of its citizens. I , personally, do not think that was the intent of the original framers of the Constitution or the Bill of Rights.

sahen
03-01-2007, 05:44 PM
The only "slippery slope" that America has gone down is the one coated with grease applied by organizations like the A.C.L.U. which serve to to protect violent criminals and child molesters under the banner of protection of individual rights.

I do believe in the sanctity of individual rights and freedoms, but not to the detrement of the well-being our our country or the welfare of its citizens. I , personally, do not think that was the intent of the original framers of the Constitution or the Bill of Rights.

yes i agree, but you cant brand people like that w/o it leading to something worse in the future in my opinion.....im all for locking them up forever, i just think if someone has to be branded to keep society safe from them then they shouldnt be allowed in society to begin with....

SintonFan
03-01-2007, 06:31 PM

Hence maybe there should be a place for these nuts that would keep them safe and us safe from them. Like an asylum?
Goodness, the homeless problem is a direct result of the disbandment of the asylum system.:doh:

Bandera YaYa
03-01-2007, 06:54 PM
sorry but when you have sex with a 3 yr old precious little girl, you lose all rights of every kind for the rest of your life! Worried about the sex offender's family???? If they stick around with a perv, they can pay the price too.....seriously people, get off the politically correct soap box...it has no place whatsoever in this subject. I would have loved to have been around to see what our Founding Fathers would have done with a perv like this!!!! :mad: :mad:

LH Panther Mom
03-01-2007, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by sahen
and if someone is dangerous enough that you feel you need to brand them to protect society from them then obviously the punishment wasnt tough enough....put these people in jail for life if you or a doctor or anyone thinks they will do it again....

Originally posted by sahen
im all for locking them up forever, i just think if someone has to be branded to keep society safe from them then they shouldnt be allowed in society to begin with....
I totally agree!

eagles_victory
03-02-2007, 12:49 AM
I think this is a tough call im in agreement with Addidas in Talena. Talenas point about this is going to do more harm then good. I agree with Adidas that its not ehtical to do this because it is very humaliting.

However I agree with kaorder that when it comes to sexually assualting someone im close with damn the civil rights it becomes personal.

But im not in favor of this idea becuase you will have some sex offenders who are not deserving of the title. Some of these people will be persuctued for something they didnt really do. Like the kid from Georgia who is in prison and wasnt going to be allowed to live with his sister because he had consenting sex with a girl a little younger then him.

I think there should be different standards anyone that messes with a small child deserves whatever cruel reality life throws there way. I feel the same way about rapist. But speaking as an 18 year old who dates a girl under the age of 18(doesnt apply to me bc im not getting any) but i really think its wrong in these cases for people to be considered sex offenders.

In the end i have 0 respect for sex offenders but i believe this is too much and wont help anything

burnet44
03-02-2007, 09:17 AM
the only reason we argue about this and other crimes
is that we have no punishment in this country

read the posts
we should do this we should do that

we should punish the sorry (^&(*^(^&%$^)(

we dont
we let them go about their lives

while the victims try to survive theirs

we cater to the criminals too much

yes I advocate the death penalty
many will say that thats unfair

yeah so is the crime they committed
we need to clean out our prisons
stop spending tons of money to support
people who are killing our society

(again people here will give me some sob story usually a what IF)

societies who have no punishment have a ton of crime
too many people cry about civil rights
the rights of our society should be the highest order
untill we actually punish and stop catering to our criminals
nothing will change

we will still have this argument

it will not change

try em and fry em

THAT is a deterent
and besides they dont come back to be repeaters

fire away I know some of you will

just think that kid is somesones child

what if he/she were yours?

bobcat1
03-02-2007, 10:15 AM
My old solution would be a deterent to crime:

Build a jail cell in each town. 1st person violates the law involving murder, rape or any sex crime, dope peddlers and users goes in the cell. The next person that violates it goes in the cell. You take the 1st guy out back and hang him. 3rd guy violates the law and takes over the cell. 2nd guy goes out back to hang.

Each town takes care of the hanging. No need for prisons. I believe this would deter criminals. Short life cycle in jail. Tax payers get a break and robery and burglary go way down because dope fiends and peddlers are included. PI$$ on their rights!

Black_Magic
03-02-2007, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1

Build a jail cell in each town. 1st person violates the law involving murder, rape or any sex crime, dope peddlers and users goes in the cell. The next person that violates it goes in the cell. You take the 1st guy out back and hang him. 3rd guy violates the law and takes over the cell. 2nd guy goes out back to hang.

Each town takes care of the hanging. No need for prisons. I believe this would deter criminals. Short life cycle in jail. Tax payers get a break and robery and burglary go way down because dope fiends and peddlers are included. PI$$ on their rights! Funny how some criticise Communist countries and Ideas but then suggest some things that those verry countries do as solutions.:thinking:

kaorder1999
03-02-2007, 10:46 AM

Each town takes care of the hanging. No need for prisons. I believe this would deter criminals. Short life cycle in jail. Tax payers get a break and robery and burglary go way down because dope fiends and peddlers are included. PI$$ on their rights!

grab a rope!

vet93
03-02-2007, 11:07 AM
This may have been mentioned before...I didn't read every post...The rate of recidivism (the likelihood that a person will repeat the crime again) is off of the scale for sex crimes. Time and time again these people repeat their crimes...often weeks after they have "served their debt to society". I don't think that a license plate is the answer, however, I think that much tighter lifetime monitoring of these people is something that seriously should be considered. For those of us who have children, the idea of a group of people living in our community that will go to almost any extreme to sexually abuse our children is of great concern. Therefore, I think because of the nature of these crimes and due to the very high rate of recidivism they should have special statutes that govern the monitoring of these individuals over and above some other crimes where the relapse rate is not so high.

Ranger Mom
03-02-2007, 11:20 AM
Just to clear something up...only because I have had to research this for personal reasons....:doh: .

"The age of consent in Texas is 17, but there is an affirmative defense to prosecution if the minor is 14-16 and you are within 3 years of age of him or her."

I'm not saying this makes it right...but "statutory rape charges" or "indecency with a child" charges will not be brought if it is within the 3 year age difference.

mustang68
03-02-2007, 12:23 PM

Most murders have not committed over 100 offences before they were caught. Most convicted sex offenders fall into this category.
The recidivism of sex offenders is over 90%

Black_Magic
03-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by mustang68
The recidivism of sex offenders is over 90% THEN DONT LET THEM OUT!!!!:doh:

vet93
03-02-2007, 12:56 PM
Agreed...but as of right now the courts are to squeamish to do that...so we have to put up with them on the streets.

THEN DONT LET THEM OUT!!!!:doh:

Black_Magic
03-02-2007, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by vet93
Agreed...but as of right now the courts are to squeamish to do that...so we have to put up with them on the streets. Come on folks . I dont like sex offenders in anyway shape of from but they are not as dangerous as someone who has a history of violence like murder or armed robbery or multiple cases of assault. its like going on a crusade to find a cure for the cold but not for cancer.:rolleyes: you have people out on the street who have shot people and some who have murdered people. but we are spending our time talking about sex offenders like they are the worst society has. Yes they are bad but Murderers are the worst by far. we let them out and thats about it. why the difference? By the way we dont HAVE to let sex offenders out at all.

Bullaholic
03-02-2007, 02:23 PM
Come on folks . I dont like sex offenders in anyway shape of from but they are not as dangerous as someone who has a history of violence like murder or armed robbery or multiple cases of assault. its like going on a crusade to find a cure for the cold but not for cancer.:rolleyes: you have people out on the street who have shot people and some who have murdered people. but we are spending our time talking about sex offenders like they are the worst society has. Yes they are bad but Murderers are the worst by far. we let them out and thats about it. why the difference? By the way we dont HAVE to let sex offenders out at all.

BM....Most murderer's victims are usually adults with at least the ability, but maybe not the opportunity, to defend themselves, and sometimes there is a motive.
Children have no chance against an adult and there is absolutely no motivation for the killing or abuse.

vet93
03-02-2007, 02:28 PM
BM...I think you are uninformed about this issue. I am not trying to compare murder with sex crimes in terms of severity (However, if you talk to many poeple who have been violated in that manner, they often say that they would have rather been killed...which is sad). What we are talking about is the likelihood of repeat offenses. Murder is primarily a crime of passion, meaning the majority of murders are one time events. That is not to say that there are not "serial killers" and "contract killers" who kill many times, but these exceptions are not the rule. Sex crime offenders have such an overwhelming number of repeat and habitual offenders and such a low rehabiliation rate that releasing them often poses a greater risk to the public than a murderer who committed a one-time event and has been released. It is for this reason, that many would like laws that are more strict...it has nothing to do with the nature of the crime but the danger of repeat offenders continuing to abuse children. By the way...many, many, cases of pedophilia do not even get reported because the children are afraid or think that they are responsible...sex offenders take advantage of this to perpetuate these acts over and over again....food for thought...and we will probably just have to agree to disagree on this matter.

Black_Magic
03-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by vet93
What we are talking about is the likelihood of repeat offenses. Then Keep those in jail. Not all sex offenders are child molesters. Keep those dirty Bast... in jail! as for the rest of them they are no more dangerous than a convicted Killer or Drug Dealer. In My eyes a Drug dealer is more of a threat to society than someone who was convicted of sexual assault ( not involving a minor).

burnet44
03-02-2007, 02:52 PM
grab a rope!

"get a rope"

pace sauce ads

BobcatBenny
03-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
sorry but when you have sex with a 3 yr old precious little girl, you lose all rights of every kind for the rest of your life! Worried about the sex offender's family???? If they stick around with a perv, they can pay the price too.....seriously people, get off the politically correct soap box...it has no place whatsoever in this subject. I would have loved to have been around to see what our Founding Fathers would have done with a perv like this!!!! :mad: :mad:

Wouldn't many of our Founding Fathers have been given a colored license plate for having sexual relations with their slaves?

Here is my suggestion, politicians should be given, purple license plates so that when your property is eminent domained, or your daughter is forced to be injected, you can find them an run them out of the town, the state or country.

Sexual predators are not a new problem. What ever happened to family law? Oh yeah, families are not even allowed to discipline their kids anymore, much less control their unruly relatives. We have become a society that is way to permissive.

bobcat1
03-02-2007, 09:46 PM
Come on folks . I dont like sex offenders in anyway shape of from but they are not as dangerous as someone who has a history of violence like murder or armed robbery or multiple cases of assault. its like going on a crusade to find a cure for the cold but not for cancer.:rolleyes: you have people out on the street who have shot people and some who have murdered people. but we are spending our time talking about sex offenders like they are the worst society has. Yes they are bad but Murderers are the worst by far. we let them out and thats about it. why the difference? By the way we dont HAVE to let sex offenders out at all.
I beg to differ BM. At least a murder victim does not suffer like a child does that was molested. They suffer and carry that the rest of their lives. You get on your little Jane Fonda Dixie Chick soapbox and continue to show your ignorance. It is out of total ignorance you speak or guilt?

Black_Magic
03-05-2007, 10:07 AM
I beg to differ BM. At least a murder victim does not suffer like a child does that was molested. They suffer and carry that the rest of their lives. A crime that leads to death should have stffer ramifications than those that dont. Murder victims dont suffer????:doh: So your saying being tramatized is WORSE than DEATH???:rolleyes: OK..... If you say so but as for me if I would take being tramatized than being dead... Is a cold more important to cure than cancer? after all there is continuous trama of colds all of our lives. would you choose to cure all colds forever or cancer... Im not saying these people should not be punished.. or even let out of jail. Im saying is wierd thinking to do all of this stuff to a segment of convicts when you dont to anything even like that to Murderers...