PDA

View Full Version : The Biggest Event In Branson Ever

burnet44
03-01-2007, 09:05 AM
The Biggest Event In Branson Ever

On February 28, The Amateur Boxing Club of Branson is hosting its monthly Wednesday Night Fight boxing matches at the Shake It Up Show Club, and to promote the event, organizer Rick Guy is bringing in the two biggest celebrities to ever visit the Ozarks*: Tonya Harding and Tommy Morrison. Neither Harding nor Morrison will be fighting. They'll just be there hanging out and doing whatever exactly it is that they do.

Here's a quick refresher, in case you can't remember anything about either of these two in the past 10 years:

Tonya Harding:

1991 - Wins the U.S. Figure Skating Championship by landing a triple axel.
1994 - Was somehow involved in clubbing rival skater Nancy Kerrigan in the knee. She signs a plea bargain to avoid jail time.
1994 – A sex tape with ex-husband Jeff Gillooly surfaces.
2002 – Fights Paula Jones on Fox’s Celebrity Boxing. Harding wins the match.
2003 – Harding makes her Women’s Professional Boxing League debut. She loses.

Tommy "Tommy Gun" Morrison:

1988 – Scores first-round knockouts in each of his first two professional boxing matches.
1990 – Cast as “Tommy Gun” in Rocky V, the final second-to-last Rocky film.
1991 – Loses to Roy Mercer in a match for the title of world heavyweight champion
1996 – Tests positive for HIV before a match, automatically retiring him from professional boxing.
2007 – After years of claiming that his HIV test was a false positive, Morrison passes three HIV tests and is cleared to return to the ring at the age of 38. He won his first match back in the ring last week.

There are so many jokes here that we don't know where to start. We'll just let the track records speak for themselves.

Tickets are $10 for general admission and $20 for gold-circle seating. (It’s worth noting that there are only 550 seats in the building.) The festivities start at 7 p.m., and Guy says there will probably be around 10 matches over the course of the evening. We're also working on snagging an interview with one or both of the special guests, so check back here tomorrow.

pirate44
03-01-2007, 09:11 AM
i thought "The Osmonds" was the biggest event in Branson:confused:

CHS_CG
03-01-2007, 09:15 AM
Branson is a really cool place to go, I used to live about an hr and a half away from there. If you get the chance go to siliver dollar city. Its beautiful!

pirate44
03-01-2007, 09:19 AM
hopefully by the time im old enough to want to go to Branson, Garth Brooks will have finished his theater there.

CHS_CG
03-01-2007, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
hopefully by the time im old enough to want to go to Branson, Garth Brooks will have finished his theater there.

hey im young and I like branson!

pirate44
03-01-2007, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
hey im young and I like branson!
you may be young on the outside, but your a regular golden girl on the inside :D

CHS_CG
03-01-2007, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
you may be young on the outside, but your a regular golden girl on the inside :D

yeah well this golden girl could take you with one hand tied behind her back!

jason
03-01-2007, 09:59 AM
yeah well this golden girl could take you with one hand tied behind her back! i heard you liked to be tied up

pirate44
03-01-2007, 10:07 AM
yeah well this golden girl could take you with one hand tied behind her back!
keep the faith:thumbsup:

CHS_CG
03-01-2007, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by jason
i heard you liked to be tied up

i heard u had fuzzy handcuffs

BuffyMars
03-01-2007, 10:58 AM
Branson was the worst vacation of my life!

CHS_CG
03-01-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
Branson was the worst vacation of my life!

did you visit Silver Dollar City?

BuffyMars
03-01-2007, 11:12 AM
did you visit Silver Dollar City?

Yes, it was ok. Great scenery, but it was such a bad experience all around its hard for me to remember anything good about Branson. :(

burnet44
03-01-2007, 01:30 PM
the circus is in town

injuredinmelee
03-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Ill fight Morrison for $20,000.
I'd fight Tyson for 1,000,000. Well worth the ass whippin. Morrison I could take. I saw how Rocky did it and have it stored away in the steal trap that is my mind.

BuffyMars
03-01-2007, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Ill fight Morrison for $20,000.
I'd fight Tyson for 1,000,000. Well worth the ass whippin.

And then you can use that million to have a body part sewn back on. ;)

injuredinmelee
03-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
And then you can use that million to have a body part sewn back on. ;)

i would run around the ring from Tyson like a 8yr old school boy in the vatican.

but on a serious note I would fight ANYONE for 7 figures. I could care less. I lose i lose but im looking good at the bank. I win im even studlier.

Leopards,class of 75
03-01-2007, 11:07 PM
We enjoy going to Branson every year. It is about 6.5 hours away from where we live. If you go in the Summer, it is always way too crowded. The best time to go is in October or even November. The best place for breakfest is the Belgium Waffle and Pancake House located on the main street. The best service and the best food, must order the Ham for sure!