PDA

View Full Version : How do liberty and bellvill matchup?

AggieJohn
11-17-2002, 09:58 PM
Take it position by position

Brahma73
11-17-2002, 10:16 PM
I can give you some of BHS as I see them:

Coach: Recipient of enormous talent. Has been predictable in past, but learning to utilize weapons on offense.

QB - Jr. who's come on fast. Not a threat to run, but a very smart kid with a strong accurate arm. (pitcher for baseball team - 90mph range). Will throw 12-15 times a game, but will make it count. Throws into coverage some and will throw occaisional int.

Backs - 20 has speed, power, and vision and is the stud. Others are very quick and capable of breakaways. Will also catch the ball effectively

Receivers - Good speed throughout and know they have a QB that will find them. A confident bunch.
TE Ford & WR Goeke catch most of the big catches.

OL - Give reasonable pass protection and do good job between tackles. Know their backs well. Solid bunch.

Punter - Also QB. Started season great, but struggling lately. Capable of 40+ avg, but lately in 35 range. Good hang time.

D-Line - Strong & Solid. Avg or better against run. Good pass rushers esp. ends.

LB - Highlight of defense. Very active against the run. Quick & Physical. Get outside well.

DB - Very good speed. Covering ability improving.
Support run fairly well.

Punt return - Tend to let punts fall or fair catch. A little shaky.

Kicker - Excellent FG range (50+ this year). Streaky, has hit 50's & missed 20's in same game.
Has end zone power on kickoffs, but coach usually makes him pop the kick up (????? This annoys me a great deal), often giving opponents 30 or 35 yardline.

Overall: Better than average offense. If all aspects are clicking, hard for anyone to stop. But capable of miscues.
Defense is not as strong against run as last year's regional team, but overall, quite good. No real weakness. Hard to get outside on them, but have given up yardage to large physical backs and short passing game.

Should be real interesting game vs. Liberty

LPSteppaKilla
11-17-2002, 10:18 PM
Liberty has Bo! I don't know what else to say. I mean, Bo pretty much covers anything you need to know. Come Friday night, it'll echo over and over through the loud-speaker, and you'll never forhet the name Bo, the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.

LPSteppaKilla
--------------------
Bocomotive Fan Club Quote of the Moment
"If I Wouldn't Have Gotten Tackled & If I Caught the Ball, I Would Have Made a Touch Down!"

<small>[ November 19, 2002, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: LPSteppaKilla ]</small>

Brahma73
11-17-2002, 10:22 PM
LPSteppaKilla:
Liberty has Bo! I don't know what else to say. I mean, Bo pretty much covers anything you need to know. Come Friday night, it'll echo over and over through the loud-speaker, and you'll never forhet the name Bo, the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.

LPSteppaKilla
- - - - - - - - - -
Why Stomp When You Can
Just As Easily Hang From a Tree
Like a Good Monkey?For those of us who don't know him, tell about the one-man team named Bo.

LP-DB
11-18-2002, 01:25 PM
i don't know who LPSTEPPAKILLA is but they need to understand Bo is not the whole team yes he is good maybe close to really good but he is not great...and definately not the best..we have no real "outstanding" players we have good players that all play together as a team we cover our responsabilities and have confidence the other players will cover theirs.. our defense is doing great against the run..we need to work a lil on the passing..all these people getting on here talking about how Bo is the best in the nation and all this are idiots..they might be joking but all that does is make you sound stupid.

Most of thes people that are talking this craziness aren't even players and don't understand the game of football and how physical or how hard it is..

Bo is our linebacker # 32 he will knock your dick in the dirt if you try to run the ball on us tho. just keep that in mind..him and his cohert Moss # 20

Bellville22
11-18-2002, 01:54 PM
The way it sounds, this will be a loud game Friday night. Our back is pretty big, and doesn't mind putting his head down, and it sounds like Bo delivers his share of big hits. Should be some good old fashion collisions Friday. I'm getting the feeling that Liberty plays great D, and the offense does just enough to get by. I did notice someone say that they were concerned about the pass D, and that could definately be a problem. If I know Bellville's QB (and I do because he's my cousin), he'll be seeking some redemption after probably his worst performance last week. I think he learned a little about taking what's there and not forcing the ball, and I think our game plan will be about the same as all year, meaning we'll throw quite a bit.

I know very little about Liberty,other than apparently good D, so my opinion is pretty biased, but I'm gonna say that Bellville is too versitile for Liberty and takes control late 3rd/early 4th quarter. Last week Bellville did not play well at all. A goal-line stand that started 1st down at the 2ft line and resulted in no points at the end of the half, and an 80 yard scamper by Bryant pretty much killed the will of a Giddings team that had hung around most of the night. Our leaders on O, Gobert(RB), and Buenger(QB) combined for 5 turnovers, and we were still able to put 36 on the board, so I have a great deal of confidence in our offense, even against what I assume is a very good D. And I like our D against what I'm sensing is not a great Liberty offense.

Bellville 24
Liberty 13

LP-DB
11-18-2002, 03:47 PM
Either way it goes liberty will step up and play there hearts out and won't give up no matter what until the clock reads 00:00..and i too hope there are some good old fashioned collisions..mainly delivered by LP.

# 80

gdornon11
11-18-2002, 06:42 PM
watched "Bo" on film today against orangefield. he is good but nothing special. gobert wont have a problem running through him and bryant wont have a problem running past him.

KL3
11-18-2002, 06:58 PM
I'm taking Bellville 35-7.

AP_OLB_1
11-18-2002, 08:01 PM
the way i see it is bellvill will have sucess throwing the ball. i was at the LP OF game and i was dissapointed on how a simple out route to the sidelines will drive on libertys defense. the passing game carried OF in the second half and gave them a chance to win. they shut down the run so i say air it out. but on the other hand, belvill's D is weak against the run so liberty should has sucess with that since they are a straight down hill running team (doing that most of the game) but will step back and throw the ball. so i dont know.. this on is a toss up i think.. but cant wait to see this game so good luck to both teams

AP_OLB_1
11-18-2002, 08:03 PM
the way i see it is bellvill will have sucess throwing the ball. i was at the LP OF game and i was dissapointed on how a simple out route to the sidelines will drive on libertys defense. the passing game carried OF in the second half and gave them a chance to win. they shut down the run so i say air it out. but on the other hand, belvill's D is weak against the run so liberty should has sucess with that since they are a straight down hill running team (doing that most of the game) but will step back and throw the ball. so i dont know.. this on is a toss up i think.. but cant wait to see this game so good luck to both teams

sinton66
11-18-2002, 09:23 PM
gdornon11:
watched "Bo" on film today against orangefield. he is good but nothing special. gobert wont have a problem running through him and bryant wont have a problem running past him.Garrett, are you going to be able to make it back and play?

trojandad
11-18-2002, 09:24 PM
I can't comment on Bellville, I haven't seen them play. And if we were talking about Bellville playing Liberty ten times, the smart money might be on B'ville. But I can tell you this, look at all the posted lines on Liberty from the third week of the season on. They beat the line posted on them each week, even in the losses.

I know the Liberty guys talk about the skilled positions and they are good, but our view of Liberty has been that they excel in their line play, both "O" and "D". That's just my opinion. And most teams that excel in line play usually are 4th qtr teams. They are physical and a "3 yds and a cloud of dust", patient and consistent. And they have a track record because of this strong line of really slowing teams with primarily one back offenses (don't know if B'ville is primarily a feature back or not).

The one other item they have is an incredible kicker. He missed a 43 yder against us with 8 seconds left that woulda won it. He missed it by 3 inches at the most. And he had the length for another 15 yds. I wouldn't bet on him missing another last minute one. He's due for a game winner.

I gotta pull for the district buds, we're both underdogs. A last minute field goal will make him the hero. Liberty 17 - Bellville 14. Smash mouth football. Good luck guys. We both have Fri night games so we can't see you. They are talking about dome matchups for next week. We both HAVE to make that. Go get em!

AggieJohn
11-18-2002, 11:48 PM
hey, i'm kind of confused...what does "3yards and a cloud of dust" mean..i've seen it alot......thanks tdad for the confidence in liberty...they are having a bonfire on thursday night...!!!!

LP-DB
11-19-2002, 08:02 PM
yea fill me in too..i kinda have an idea but would like to know..And Tdad sorry can't make the game we playin friday night also..

# 80

gdornon11
11-19-2002, 08:25 PM
hey sinton66, no i wont be playing this week, must have been a rumor. i am going back to the doctor in 3 weeks and he might release me to play.

BigT 75
11-19-2002, 09:30 PM
Talk all you want, but the real talkin will be done on the field Friday night. Ya, I've watched this #32 on y'alls defense too, not too bad. Your D has some speed, but we'll see.....

Brahma73
11-19-2002, 09:54 PM
gdornon11:
hey sinton66, no i wont be playing this week, must have been a rumor. i am going back to the doctor in 3 weeks and he might release me to play.Hey 11! Best of luck on your rehab. Playing in 3 weeks sounds like some kind of miracle. I know you're a hard worker.

Hope you're still on track to play at the next level. Would love to see you crackin' heads where they wear maroon & white. Lord knows we need to rediscover defense!

Go Bulls!!!!!!!

LPSteppaKilla
11-19-2002, 10:23 PM
Hey LP-DB,

How does it make me sound dumb to show my support for the best football player to ever grace the presense of a Liberty Panther locker room? The stats and the people say that the Bocomotive is a powerful train that refuses to stop. Now the Bocomotive is more than a person, it's a movement. I'd like to announce that I'm starting a Bocomotive fan club.

Does it make you mad that there's no LP-DB fan club? I was under the impression that you are your fan club, but perhaps I'm wrong.

Look, all jokes aside, with the exception of Slippery Fingers/Memory Losing/Self Loving LP-DB the Liberty Panthers have an excellent team. I recall the teams in years past had such a bad attitude, but this year's team has much more respect for the sport and game of football. It is all about fun right? Of course, but it's great to win.

I won't make it to the game Friday, but I guarantee I'll be tuning in to Shine All Nine Split Channel to hear all about how the Bocomotive and the Wreckshop Crew of Cook and Miguel are layin' hatt and gettin crunk and focussed (credit to sean for that) all over the brahmas. The Bocomotive owns Blaine!

LPSteppaKilla
----------------------------------------------
Bobomotive Fan Club Quote of the Moment
"Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that."
Bill Shankly

trojandad
11-19-2002, 11:02 PM
Three yards and a cloud of dust means that you guys have the men it takes to get 3 yds whenever you need it the old fashioned way, by beating the guy in front of you. That you might break one long occasionally, but most teams that play you know you as a team that can manhandle three yds whenever you need it. That you're happy to grind it down their throats and not impatient to drive the ball slowly down the field. A man's game.

One of the best times my son had all year (coach only lets one guy go both ways, dont get me started, lol) was being a part of stopping you guys on 3rd and 1 and fourth and 1 after you had already made 4th and 1 against us twice on the same drive. He went in at nose when he usually starts at O tackle and said it was a tough bunch on your "O" line. Toughness wins a lot of games this time of year. Like a 15 round prize fight. Just stay tough guys.

bellville28runnels
11-20-2002, 12:50 AM
i dont know where the thought of bellvilles defense being weak against the run comes from but i think we've been doin pretty good stoppin the run, take a look at the sealy and giddings game and they both are teams that like to run the ball and look how we stopped them

WE READY

the_answer
11-20-2002, 01:25 PM
To Brahma73 - How can you give a report on your team and still call yourself a fan?

Bellville22
11-20-2002, 01:47 PM
To "the_answer"- I'm sure that "in depth" scouting report will give the Panthers the edge and lead them past the Brahmas. You can watch 15 minutes of film and figure out that stuff, and I'm sure Liberty's watched several hours. Don't rag on a guy who follows his team and is a friendly enough competitor to take the time to type out a brief, "in my opinion" report about what one should expect to see if they come out to watch Bellville.

Liberty knows much more than that about Bellville, and we know much more than that about them. I doubt that message is hanging in the Panther locker room, or a reference for the coaches' game plan.

Keep up the good work 73. Still stickin' w/ Bellville being too talented for Liberty.

Bellville 24
Liberty 13

the_answer
11-20-2002, 02:07 PM
My message was to Brahma73, not to Bellville22

AggieJohn
11-20-2002, 02:28 PM
LPSteppaKilla:
Hey LP-DB,

How does it make me sound dumb to show my support for the best football player to ever grace the presense of a Liberty Panther locker room? The stats and the people say that the Bocomotive is a powerful train that refuses to stop. Now the Bocomotive is more than a person, it's a movement. I'd like to announce that I'm starting a Bocomotive fan club.

Does it make you mad that there's no LP-DB fan club? I was under the impression that you are your fan club, but perhaps I'm wrong.

Look, all jokes aside, with the exception of Slippery Fingers/Memory Losing/Self Loving LP-DB the Liberty Panthers have an excellent team. I recall the teams in years past had such a bad attitude, but this year's team has much more respect for the sport and game of football. It is all about fun right? Of course, but it's great to win.

I won't make it to the game Friday, but I guarantee I'll be tuning in to Shine All Nine Split Channel to hear all about how the Bocomotive and the Wreckshop Crew of Cook and Miguel are layin' hatt and gettin crunk and focussed (credit to sean for that) all over the brahmas. The Bocomotive owns Blaine!

LPSteppaKilla
"Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that."
Bill ShanklySome people are idiots blaine...don't let that lose your unity as a team member...

AggieJohn
11-20-2002, 02:32 PM
LPSteppaKilla:
Hey LP-DB,

LPSteppaKilla
Bill ShanklySome people are idiots blaine...don't let that lose your unity as a team member...

Bongo
11-20-2002, 03:44 PM
To the_answer; if you check Brahma73's profile you'll see he's a veterinarian and not a desk jockey like many of us, meaning he's out on calls during the day. Bellville22 was just giving you a quick answer.

Good luck to everyone this weekend, and let's hope no one gets hurt.

Brahma73
11-20-2002, 05:02 PM
the_answer:
To Brahma73 - How can you give a report on your team and still call yourself a fan?First of all, thanks Bellville22 for pickin' up my slack while I was out!

Hey the_answer,
For the_answer to the_question, refer to the_answer B22 gave you above. Us Bellville FANS pretty well see things the same. GOOD GRIEF you can get the info I posted out of any newspaper. If what you read from me helps the Panthers at this point, they really DO need help.
(Oh but just between you & me, when it's 4th & long, Bellville will usually punt - unless they go for it; and on 3rd and over 20, look for them to pass - unless they run.

good_grief, the_answer....get_real!!!!!!!

go_bulls! beat_liberty!

LP-DB
11-20-2002, 08:50 PM
I ain't worrying about it..i am still going to go out and play hard..

i would still like to know who that is..

# 80

AggieJohn
11-20-2002, 10:22 PM
LP-DB:
I ain't worrying about it..i am still going to go out and play hard..

i would still like to know who that is..

# 80Sean Riley Part 2

LP-DB
11-20-2002, 11:06 PM
Well if lpsteppakilla is really sean then right there proves just how much of a fag he really is.

# 80

Bellville22
11-21-2002, 03:24 PM
Brahma73:

the_answer:
To Brahma73 - How can you give a report on your team and still call yourself a fan?First of all, thanks Bellville22 for pickin' up my slack while I was out!

Hey the_answer,
For the_answer to the_question, refer to the_answer B22 gave you above. Us Bellville FANS pretty well see things the same. GOOD GRIEF you can get the info I posted out of any newspaper. If what you read from me helps the Panthers at this point, they really DO need help.
(Oh but just between you & me, when it's 4th & long, Bellville will usually punt - unless they go for it; and on 3rd and over 20, look for them to pass - unless they run.

good_grief, the_answer....get_real!!!!!!!

go_bulls! beat_liberty!That had to have been the "Message of the Day!"

That's good stuff, Go Brahmas.

5inchtaint
11-21-2002, 05:19 PM
um...john why don't you use that big head of yours to cause some good lpsteppakilla isn't me, it's tommy brents and blaine why don't you know some facts too before you're sorry about it

AggieJohn
11-21-2002, 09:46 PM
okay......sean...dude you have less room to talk than i do....i was at least a trainer for the team and saw the insides.....you don't even play....closest you get to the sidelines my friend is with a camera....not trying to be mean here...but don't mess with the head.

LP-DB
11-21-2002, 10:01 PM
sean who gonna make me sorry bout it i know for sure you won't make me sorry for it..

and tommy is fat anyways..

# 80