PDA

View Full Version : Back from Downtown Bridgeport

Bullaholic
02-28-2007, 02:02 PM
Big doins' downtown Bridgeport today. The Governor's wife, Anita Perry, was in town to officially decalre Bridgeport a Main Street city. Bands, citizens, HS cheerleaders, state, county and local dignitaries, and students turned out to hear the speeches. Best of all, my 8yr- old grandson and another 2nd grade girl were picked to make book presentations to Mrs. Perry up on the platform so you know that Grandad had to be there to cover the event in pictures, so we are very proud for our city and our family today.

Adidas410s
02-28-2007, 02:10 PM
WE NEED PICTURES!!! :mad:

Adidas410s
02-28-2007, 02:11 PM
on an unrelated note...any word on railroad track improvements and/or making me an honorary Bridgeport citizen so I don't get caught by it this Thursday AND Sunday? :D

Bullaholic
02-28-2007, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
on an unrelated note...any word on railroad track improvements and/or making me an honorary Bridgeport citizen so I don't get caught by it this Thursday AND Sunday? :D

We're actually considering making more expenditures for bigger "holding" cells and more security personnel to check out suspicious strangers from the "big" city better. :D

Blastoderm55
02-28-2007, 02:35 PM
We got the Main Street program last year. Its such a sham. Fascade improvements mean nothing when the inside of a business still looks like crap. The local cordinator has tried to generate buzz in downtown business with a "Shop Late" promotion every third Thursday of the month. Guess how successful it has been. :rolleyes: Now we're plopping 500K to restore the old Rialto theater that's next to my store. Oh yeah, that's way better than providing some tax funding for the local animal shelter. :rolleyes: Let some old farts relieve their glory days while complaining as to why there are so many stray dogs and cats.

Bullaholic
02-28-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
We got the Main Street program last year. Its such a sham. Fascade improvements mean nothing when the inside of a business still looks like crap. The local cordinator has tried to generate buzz in downtown business with a "Shop Late" promotion every third Thursday of the month. Guess how successful it has been. :rolleyes: Now we're plopping 500K to restore the old Rialto theater that's next to my store. Oh yeah, that's way better than providing some tax funding for the local animal shelter. :rolleyes: Let some old farts relieve their glory days while complaining as to why there are so many stray dogs and cats.

Well, it's kinda like the Texas Tornados song, "A Little Bit Is Better Than Nada", Blast. :D