PDA

View Full Version : Teacher cuts pupil's tongue with scissors

BuffyMars
02-28-2007, 11:44 AM
MILAN (Reuters) - A Milan teacher cut a unruly 7-year-old pupil's tongue with scissors to silence him, police and school officials said on Tuesday.

ADVERTISEMENT

The child, of North African origin, needed to go to hospital for five stitches to close the wound.

The boy's family has filed suit against the teacher, who has been suspended after last week's incident.

Police are trying to find out whether the injury was inflicted intentionally or was a joke gone wrong, a police source said.

"We are carrying out a full inquiry to find out what really happened," said Anna Maria Dominici, in charge of schools in the Lombardy region.

The teacher, a support tutor on a temporary contract, risks being fired from the elementary school.

"She is a young teacher but the episode is so serious that inexperience has nothing to do with it," Dominici added.

Txbroadcaster
02-28-2007, 11:45 AM
OW OW OW OW OW

smustangs
02-28-2007, 11:45 AM
:eek: WOW I have wanted to cut some of my students tounge out but never literally thought about doing it.

kaorder1999
02-28-2007, 11:46 AM
i bet next time he thinks twice before getting loud....just kidding. Unbelievable!

BuffyMars
02-28-2007, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
i bet next time he thinks twice before getting loud....just kidding. Unbelievable!

I know I would! What she did was horrible, but you are right. I guarantee you she taught him a very valuable lesson.:eek:

pirate4state
02-28-2007, 11:51 AM
OMG :doh: :doh:

pirate44
02-28-2007, 11:55 AM
the kid's lucky they werent in Sicily. otherwise he'd "morto e sepolto" ;)