PDA

View Full Version : Prince Charles says ban McDonald's food

Txbroadcaster
02-28-2007, 11:26 AM
LONDON - Prince Charles suggested Tuesday on a visit to the United Arab Emirates that banning McDonald's fast food was crucial for improving people's diets, a British news agency reported.

The Number 23
Reno 911
Norbit
The Astronaut Farmer
Ghost Rider The Messengers

Charles made the comments while visiting the Imperial College London Diabetes Center in Abu Dhabi for the launch of a public health campaign, The Press Association reported.

"Have you got anywhere with McDonald's? Have you tried getting it banned? That's the key," Charles was quoted as asking one of the center's nutritionists.

A McDonald's spokesman, Nick Hindle, called the remark disappointing. He said other members of the royal family "have probably got a more up-to-date picture of us," alluding to reports that Charles' son, Prince Harry, was spotted eating a chicken burger at McDonald's in 2005.

"This appears to be an off-the-cuff remark, in our opinion," Hindle said. "It does not reflect our menu or where we are as a business."

The Oak Brook, Illinois-based McDonald's Corp. took steps last year to display nutrition facts on its packaging and vary its menu to counter charges that its food is unhealthy and contributes to obesity. There are 25 McDonald's franchises in the United Arab Emirates.

Charles, who is first in line to the British throne, is an active advocate of organic food and in 1986 set up a farm on his Highgrove Estate that does not use artificial pesticides or fertilizers.

The prince was in the United Arab Emirates with his wife, Camilla, as part of a tour of Gulf countries.

The United Arab Emirates has the world's second highest number of diabetes cases per capita, with more than 20 percent of those aged 20 to 79 already diagnosed with the illness, while 40 percent of the population are at risk.

smustangs
02-28-2007, 12:00 PM
not a bad idea however micky d's sure is nice when your in a hurry

kaorder1999
02-28-2007, 12:00 PM
you arent lying!

Fotbol
02-28-2007, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
not a bad idea however micky d's sure is nice when your in a hurry
The Micky D's in Abu Daubi, Oman Muscat, and Dubai has a different taste from the United States Mickey D's, and the Pizza Hut's also, Nothing like the US, I don't know what kind of Meat that was, but it sure was 100% USDA Prime Beef.

Gobbla2001
02-28-2007, 12:12 PM
what a communist...

crzyjournalist03
02-28-2007, 12:52 PM
My sister ate at a McDonald's in the Phillipines a couple of years ago and said their menu was absolutely nasty! It had stuff like spaghetti burgers and weird animal parts...just because it has the name doesn't mean it's the same quality overseas!

BuffyMars
02-28-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
My sister ate at a McDonald's in the Phillipines a couple of years ago and said their menu was absolutely nasty! It had stuff like spaghetti burgers and weird animal parts...just because it has the name doesn't mean it's the same quality overseas!

As if the American ones aren't bad enough....I just threw up a little.

Blastoderm55
02-28-2007, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

McDonalds and quality look funny together. :p

crzyjournalist03
02-28-2007, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
McDonalds and quality look funny together. :p

I figured somebody would point that out! :D

Gobbla2001
02-28-2007, 02:25 PM
I was really upset with the menu at a McDonald's in NYC...

NO SPICY McCHICKENS... just a regular mcchicken... it was okay, but I told 'em the Yankees sucked, squirted ketchup all over the place and spelled "The Big Apple Sucks" on the floor with mustard...

they had cheese-sticks on the dollar menu though, that was intersting...

I did however enjoy a hotdog from a street vender... not too shabby...

Keith7
02-28-2007, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I was really upset with the menu at a McDonald's in NYC...

NO SPICY McCHICKENS...

our mcdonalds doesn't have spicy mcchickens either.. I bet Prince Charles has something to do with this

BuffyMars
02-28-2007, 02:34 PM
I want the cajun fries to come back!! :foul::foul::foul:

Gobbla2001
02-28-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
our mcdonalds don't have spicy mcchickens either.. I bet Prince Charles has something to do with this

YOU'RE KIDDING ME?

Dude, freakin' protest outside that sucker until they put spicy-birds on the menu...

TheDOCTORdre
02-28-2007, 02:36 PM
the dollar menu has saved me from starvation many a times

Keith7
02-28-2007, 02:37 PM
YOU'RE KIDDING ME?

Dude, freakin' protest outside that sucker until they put spicy-birds on the menu...

I might have to.. I thought the regular mcchickens are the bees-knees, but shoot spicy mcchickens would just kick it up a knotch... are they still $1?

Gobbla2001
02-28-2007, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
I might have to.. I thought the regular mcchickens are the bees-knees, but shoot spicy mcchickens would just kick it up a knotch... are they still $1?

yah... I'll get one every now and then...

BuffyMars
I loved when Terry and I were living in Commerce...because the McDonald's there had nothing but college students working there. And we would go up there with a bunch of change to get food (we were so poor in college), and these girls would just start giving us food (we learned to wait until close to closing time). I mean they were sending us home with 2 bags full of food....apple pies and all!

Gobbla2001
yah... I'll get one every now and then...

okay, two... with mcvalue fries

Txbroadcaster
02-28-2007, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
I loved when Terry and I were living in Commerce...because the McDonald's there had nothing but college students working there. And we would go up there with a bunch of change to get food (we were so poor in college), and these girls would just start giving us food (we learned to wait until close to closing time). I mean they were sending us home with 2 bags full of food....apple pies and all!

ahh the goodlife..or sad and pathetic..cant remember

Gobbla2001
02-28-2007, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars

man that's awesome... they have this gas station here that is about the same...

they have crispitos (if you don't know what they are, they're these really good things)... anyway, they cost about a buck...

I wanted one this one time, and it was around 5:30 PM (they close at 8)... there were two of them and a burrito sitting in a basket... I said "One crispito", she says "okay, and I'll just give you this other stuff"... SWEET... it's happened twice... if they keep this up I'll have reason to file a lawsuit against 'em, tellin' 'em they're giving me food so I can get fat and they can laugh at me...