PDA

View Full Version : Good News indeed in World of Sports!

Phil C
02-28-2007, 10:37 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

http://www.yahoo.com/s/518738

Phil C
02-28-2007, 10:38 AM
The only thing wrong is they should establish some teams in border cities where soccer is really popular such as Laredo and El Paso.

BuffyMars
02-28-2007, 10:39 AM
I'm excited! I just hope they get more support this go around.

Adidas410s
02-28-2007, 10:41 AM
Not be mean...but how many times now has this idea failed? :(

Phil C
02-28-2007, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED - TRY TRY AGAIN!!

:clap:

BTEXDAD
02-28-2007, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I know what u mean, but with Latin/Mexican American % of population increasing all the time, it would seem that eventually a large enough fan base will be in US to support both men's and women's soccer. Not sure if the time is now though.

Phil C
02-28-2007, 11:07 AM
SPARE NO EXPENSE!!!

:mad:

BTEXDAD
02-28-2007, 11:09 AM
Hey, PHil, not hijack a soccer thread, but I was watching espn classic last night and realized, it's been awhile since I last saw the 2006 Rose Bowl.
Do you have any idea when it will be broadcast again? Do we need to email ESPN?

Phil C
02-28-2007, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
I know what u mean, but with Latin/Mexican American % of population increasing all the time, it would seem that eventually a large enough fan base will be in US to support both men's and women's soccer. Not sure if the time is now though.

BT that is why I say we need more teams in the border cities. I onced stopped at a small Mexican Food Cafe in Laredo that along Hwy 83 and the food was excellent and the customers there were glued to the television there which was showing the Mexico team playing soccer.

Phil C
02-28-2007, 11:11 AM
Hey, PHil, not hijack a soccer thread, but I was watching espn classic last night and realized, it's been awhile since I last saw the 2006 Rose Bowl.
Do you have any idea when it will be broadcast again? Do we need to email ESPN?

BT I am not sure when it will be shown again but I will keep my eye out for it. I think they will probably not show it again until football season though. This morning while waiting for my wife and kids to get ready for school and work I watched the famous stop and Vince Young's last td run.

Adidas410s
02-28-2007, 11:17 AM

A lot of that increasing population is in the low to lower-middle classes and often don't have a lot of extra money to spend on entertainment. If ticket prices are low enough to where they can afford to attend games then it's very likely that those teams are also losing money. It's a sad situation indeed! :(

big daddy russ
02-28-2007, 01:14 PM
It's neck-and-neck with the WNBA in the running for worst professional sports organization. I'm actually less-interested in women's soccer, but the scenery puts it right there with women's hoops.