PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Kennedale!

JR2004
02-27-2007, 11:38 PM
Couldn't be happier to see y'all eliminate Velt tonight! Throw in Ranchview going down, the Purple Tigers getting runover by the Golden Bears, Kimball being taken behind the woodshed by Spruce and this was the best scenario I could've come up with for one night of basketball! Heck Skyline getting taken out was the icing on the cake!

Thanks again Kennedale! Y'all are now the favorite in the region and, in my opinion the state, to win it all!

PHS Wildcats
02-27-2007, 11:55 PM
If I didn't know anybetter, I'd say you have something against DISD schools!!

JR2004
02-28-2007, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
If I didn't know anybetter, I'd say you have something against DISD schools!!

It doesn't really have to do with them being in DISD...Madison's main rival is Lincoln so I'm not going to pull for them. Velt is Madison's second biggest rival so I'm not pulling for them either. Skyline advertises themselves as the home of Larry Johnson. If they were more accurate they'd advertise themselves as the school that stole Larry Johnson from Madison. Not wanting Kimball to win has nothing really to do with the school. I think they have a very talented roster that is probably going to be in Austin next year. I like SOC because a good friend of mine played for them in the early 90's when they were down in Austin as a 5A school so I root for them.

icu812
02-28-2007, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Thanks again Kennedale! Y'all are now the favorite in the region and, in my opinion the state, to win it all!

I agree with whoever comes out of the region being the favorite to win state, but, Kennedale is going to have their hands full against Chapel Hill.

kaorder1999
02-28-2007, 09:31 AM
ive seen both kennedale and chapel hill and kennedale is much better in my opinion. Princeton isnt a whipping boy either. Region 2 is LOADED!

JR2004
02-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
ive seen both kennedale and chapel hill and kennedale is much better in my opinion. Princeton isnt a whipping boy either. Region 2 is LOADED!

Saw Princeton several times this season. They run the flex to perfection, but really only have 6 or 7 guys that play each night. They can all handle the ball in the open court and the big boy can score, BUT I think he's going to have a problem if he runs into another big fella that plays good defense because he's a finesse player. Every shot he takes near the basket is underhanded and I saw him get blocked or get the ball stolen many, many times because of how lazy he is with the ball. Still a pretty good team though, but right now I'd take Kennedale over them and Chapel Hill.