coach
02-27-2007, 09:18 PM
Just Crossed the line of over doing it

kepdawg
02-27-2007, 11:02 PM
What did she do?

JR2004
02-27-2007, 11:40 PM
She was a cheerleader tonight for the men's game against Florida. Pretty cool in my opinion what she did.

gtownpoke
02-28-2007, 12:00 AM
shes probably paying back the mens coach for when he painted his chest and cheered in the student section at a girls game this year.

Bull Butter
02-28-2007, 12:01 AM
That's exactly what it was

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-28-2007, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by gtownpoke
shes probably paying back the mens coach for when he painted his chest and cheered in the student section at a girls game this year.

I bet he sweated all of the paint off in a matter of five minutes....

kaorder1999
02-28-2007, 12:25 AM
Summitt belts out 'Rocky Top' and cheers for Vols men

By ELIZABETH A. DAVIS, AP Sports Writer
February 27, 2007

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Pat Summitt wore an orange cheerleader uniform, sang "Rocky Top" and stood on top of a human pyramid to show her support of the Tennessee men's basketball team Tuesday night.

The legendary Lady Vols coach came through on a promise to make a special appearance during the men's game against No. 5 Florida.

ADVERTISEMENT

She was paying back men's coach Bruce Pearl for painting his upper body orange and cheering at a Lady Vols game last month.

Summitt came out during the first media timeout of the game shrouded by other cheerleaders and started singing "Rocky Top" while holding a microphone and wearing an orange and white feathery hat and cheerleader uniform.

At the end of the song, she put her hat on ESPN commentator Dick Vitale. Then she helped lead cheers with the cheerleaders and her assistant coaches and finished by being the top of a short pyramid formed by assistants Holly Warlick and Dean Lockwood.

Summitt, 54, said Monday the appearance would seem "a lot out of character," and she was right.

Summitt is known for working players hard in practice and her icy stare on the sidelines during games. She's also the winningest coach in NCAA basketball history -- men or women -- with 940 victories.

"My cheerleading days are over. I did this for Bruce Pearl and his basketball team and all the Vols fans," Summitt told ESPN after her appearance.

"This was fun. I'm glad my staff joined in."

Summitt was a cheerleader in seventh and eighth grade.

Thompson-Boling Arena, which seats 24,535, was nearly full and included other notable personalities: Indianapolis and former Tennessee quarterback Peyton Manning came to see his alma mater, along with Volunteers football coach Phillip Fulmer.

Manning received a standing ovation when he was introduced in the first half.

Boston Celtics executive director of basketball operations Danny Ainge accompanied his nephew, Vols quarterback Erik Ainge.

Dogman_1969
02-28-2007, 08:24 AM
Does anyone have a Utube of that. That's great!!!

Gobbla2001
02-28-2007, 08:25 AM
That's freakin' awesome...

big daddy russ
02-28-2007, 09:55 AM
I saw it last night on SportsCenter. I think it's cool as hell.