PDA

View Full Version : Old Lady Glasses

44INAROW
02-27-2007, 06:44 PM
Well, I made the big step and got "lineless bifocals" picked them up this afternoon on my way home from work - I assume it's going to take a while to get used to them - any comments on lineless bifocals? likes? dislikes?

AP Panther Fan
02-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Since they don't cost $15.00 and they don't come from Walmart...I can't comment. Good luck adjusting to them though.:)

Old Green
02-27-2007, 06:49 PM
I never could adjust to them. So I went back and bought a second pair about a month later with the regular Bifocal.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-27-2007, 06:53 PM
I have to wear contacts, but only for long-distance vision. It sucks, but I can still read well up close. Good luck.

SintonFan
02-27-2007, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Well, I made the big step and got "lineless bifocals" picked them up this afternoon on my way home from work - I assume it's going to take a while to get used to them - any comments on lineless bifocals? likes? dislikes?
I think your too young looking for bifocals.:clap:

LH Panther Mom
02-27-2007, 07:22 PM
Good luck with that! My last appointment almost 2 years ago, I managed to scrape by without having to cross over. :p I doubt I'll be so lucky my next visit.

luvhoops34
02-27-2007, 08:16 PM
Lorey,

I have lineless bifocals and I love them! It took about a week to get used to them and now I don't even notice them. :)

SintonFan
02-27-2007, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Good luck with that! My last appointment almost 2 years ago, I managed to scrape by without having to cross over. :p I doubt I'll be so lucky my next visit.
You're too young looking too!:cool: :)

44INAROW
02-27-2007, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
You're too young looking too!:cool: :)

lol Daniel.. earning bigtime brownie points tonight :)

I'll give them a couple weeks to get used to them.. so far, it's not too bad my faraway vision wasn't too bad to begin with, it is the closeup and reading that was so bad.. thanks for all the comments etc everyone :)

SintonFan
02-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Naw, I just call them like I see them.
Do you make brownies? lol:p

44INAROW
02-27-2007, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Naw, I just call them like I see them.
Do you make brownies? lol:p

if I could read the package, I'd make some tonight :D :D :D :D j/k

SintonFan
02-27-2007, 08:33 PM
if I could read the package, I'd make some tonight :D :D :D :D j/k
ROFL!!!:clap: :D
Just invite me to the next Cajun boil and we'll call it equal.:clap: ;)

luvhoops34
02-27-2007, 09:13 PM

I'll give them a couple weeks to get used to them.. so far, it's not too bad my faraway vision wasn't too bad to begin with, it is the closeup and reading that was so bad.. thanks for all the comments etc everyone :)

I have the same problem, my faraway vision isn't too bad, it's closeup that kills me. I put off getting glasses for a long time because I just thought I was too young to get them. I've had them about two years and I don't go anywhere without them. As soon as I get up in the morning, they go on my face. :cool:

DaHop72
02-27-2007, 10:26 PM

I'll give them a couple weeks to get used to them.. so far, it's not too bad my faraway vision wasn't too bad to begin with, it is the closeup and reading that was so bad.. thanks for all the comments etc everyone :) I have a pair for when I drive long distances to keep my eyes from getting tired. I had no problems with them, but I also have monocular vision anyway.

Old Dog
02-27-2007, 10:44 PM
Wife and I both have had lineless bifocals for 3 years. She loves hers and I still have a hard time locating the "sweet spot" sometimes. Surely my hard head has noting to do with the problem!

mustang59
02-28-2007, 12:01 AM
I've worn them for a while now and they don't bother me, but it took some getting used to. The smaller the frames are the harder it is to wear them because you have such a small field for both precriptions.