PDA

View Full Version : Forney vs. Gainsville

3afan2K3
11-23-2003, 03:07 PM
what are your thoughts on this match-up???

turbostud
11-23-2003, 03:09 PM
My thoughts are I wish I could see the game!

Dink&dunk7
11-23-2003, 03:33 PM
Forney 35
Gainesville 17

mr.leopard man
11-23-2003, 04:50 PM
should be great game..
gainesville 28
forney 21 :p

Leopards,class of 75
11-23-2003, 11:42 PM
I believe this will be a great match up! I am sticking with Gainesville to take this one in a close game. Gainesville 21, Forney 14.....Good luck to both teams!!!!!

mwisnews
11-23-2003, 11:45 PM
Forney will win. Check the Datapoll page., Gainesville played crap teams in the preseason and Forney played some good teams. Forney won last year and has gotten better. I think Forney by 14

<small>[ November 23, 2003, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: mwisnews ]</small>

mwisnews
11-23-2003, 11:58 PM
Gainsville played crap teams in the preason like 1-7 Witcha Falls Hirshi, 1-9 Bonham, 5-6 Sanger, 2-8 Lake Worth, and 4-6 Burkburnett. At least Forney has played some quality teams during the preseason. So Forney will win this week.

kaorder1999
11-24-2003, 12:03 AM
forney didnt play gainsville last year....they played atlanta in round 3

Rabbit'93
11-24-2003, 12:05 AM
mwisnews:
Forney will win. Check the Datapoll page., Gainesville played crap teams in the preseason and Forney played some good teams. Forney won last year and has gotten better. I think Forney by 14We didn't play Gville last year...

GETBACKCOACH
11-24-2003, 12:07 AM
You can't talk about strength of schedule and compare. Forney has not played a good team in 8 weeks. Then don't tell me that Mesquite Horn is a world beater (6-4). Celina and Pilot Point would have finished 2 and 3 in your district. Wills Point was not good and Carthage self destructed early. Better not count your chickens before they hatch.

mwisnews
11-24-2003, 12:07 AM
OK when they do play Forney will win.

crzyjournalist03
11-24-2003, 10:10 AM
GETBACKCOACH:
You can't talk about strength of schedule and compare. Forney has not played a good team in 8 weeks. Then don't tell me that Mesquite Horn is a world beater (6-4). Celina and Pilot Point would have finished 2 and 3 in your district. Wills Point was not good and Carthage self destructed early. Better not count your chickens before they hatch.whoa there...WP was a good team, and Carthage didn't self-destruct...we destroyed them. Mesquite Horn was ranked as a top 10 4A team for a long time, and had they not been in such a tough district, they'd probably still be playing. Aledo also made the playoffs, and they're a good team that Forney beat as well.

HAMMER
11-24-2003, 10:34 AM
3afan2K3:
what are your thoughts on this match-up???As an outsider that has seen both play, I like Forney 42 - 17. Forney has too much firepower and I don't see G'ville stopping them. G'ville will move the ball early, then once Forney gets up to speed with the G'ville offense, I think they will stop them, and G'ville will struggle.
Just my opinion.

merlin69
11-24-2003, 10:59 AM
whoa there...WP was a good team, and Carthage didn't self-destruct...we destroyed them. Mesquite Horn was ranked as a top 10 4A team for a long time, and had they not been in such a tough district, they'd probably still be playing. Aledo also made the playoffs, and they're a good team that Forney beat as well.

not only did aledo makes the playoffs they're still in it, which really shows that they have improved, so no one can say that forney hasnt played any good teams. i dont really think that WP coulda beat the little sisters of the blind, they were ok. either way i think this will be a good game, no prediction here.

Keith7
11-24-2003, 02:59 PM
HAMMER:

3afan2K3:
what are your thoughts on this match-up???As an outsider that has seen both play, I like Forney 42 - 17. Forney has too much firepower and I don't see G'ville stopping them. G'ville will move the ball early, then once Forney gets up to speed with the G'ville offense, I think they will stop them, and G'ville will struggle.
Just my opinion.ha no body will ever put up those many points on Gainesville

DarkWing
11-24-2003, 03:20 PM
Should be a good match up. I have heard greatness about Forney and I have seen greatness from Gainsville.

Buckeye80
11-24-2003, 03:29 PM
GETBACKCOACH:
Wills Point was not good and Carthage self destructed early. Better not count your chickens before they hatch.I don't know if self-destruct is the right word, but their plan definitely did not work. I don't know if the coaches got out-coached or what, but Carthage just looked lost out there.
Most of the credit has to go to the Forney offense for just romping on the accelerator, but in defense of Carthage, you can't play a first quarter like they played and stay in any ballgame with a team like Forney. They just were a step behind from the opening kickoff. JMHO

J-RABBITS
11-24-2003, 03:36 PM
forney 28
gainesville 17

and 3afan, you mispelled gainesville on the topic...just letting you know...

Buckeye80
11-24-2003, 03:37 PM
J-RABBITS:
forney 28
gainesville 17
That's probably about right! I'll say
Forney 34
Gainesville 20

J-RABBITS
11-24-2003, 03:40 PM
wait...ill say this:

forney 31
gainesville 20

i think each team will kick a successful fg...

Buckeye80
11-24-2003, 03:47 PM
J-RABBITS:
wait...ill say this:

forney 31
gainesville 20

i think each team will kick a successful fg...Now what's this? I tried to give us some separation for the purpose of possible bragging rights next week. Three points means there could possibly be two "daddies" next week....not that our society frowns on that sort of thing anymore. :D :D :D

J-RABBITS
11-24-2003, 04:13 PM
hmm...guess i was posting at the same time you posted your score...my bad...i want to have my own so heres my FINAL prediction:

forney 30
gainesville 17

GreatBigBurnetFan
11-24-2003, 06:40 PM
This will really be a great game. The game of the week. Two real powerhouses. I haven't seen either play, I do know you don't get to where they are
and not be great. Anybody that can hold twelve teams to less that a 100 points can't be all bad.

I will certainly pray for no injuries. I was there last year when Cory was hurt. That truly broke my heart.

I know both teams will respect each other. I wish I could be there. I'm sure both teams will give all they have to give. ENJOY!!
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

aamove
11-24-2003, 07:31 PM
ha no body will ever put up those many points on Gainesville[/QB]Except, maybe.............. :D Forney! :D

<small>[ November 24, 2003, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: aamove ]</small>

cc700
11-24-2003, 08:06 PM
pervy from gainesville will rack up the yards.i like gainesville in this one 35-17

Rabbit'93
11-24-2003, 08:12 PM
cc700:
pervy from gainesville will rack up the yards.i like gainesville in this one 35-17Yards don't total up the same way TDs do. He could have 500yds. As long as he doesn't cross the goal line.

cc700
11-24-2003, 08:17 PM
IM NOT A FAN OF EATHER TEAM.I JUST THINK GAINESVILLE WILL WIN BY AT LEAST 14

turbostud
11-24-2003, 08:19 PM
cc700 you are still here? I thought you would be ROM'd after your posts from last night.

FBJones
11-25-2003, 05:31 PM
Forney is going to pound Pervey. He'll shut it down.

kaorder1999
11-25-2003, 06:42 PM
forney wont shutdown the Gainseville runner...they couldn't shut down the Carthage runner....

Keith7
11-26-2003, 01:20 AM
Rabbit'93:

cc700:
pervy from gainesville will rack up the yards.i like gainesville in this one 35-17Yards don't total up the same way TDs do. He could have 500yds. As long as he doesn't cross the goal line.its spelled purvey

3afan2K3
11-26-2003, 09:04 AM
does pervey play defense?

<small>[ November 26, 2003, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

Showtime33
11-26-2003, 09:32 AM
This should be a great game. Forney has not really played a team this good since they played Horn and I think Gainsville is better than Horn. Horn ran the ball at will on Forney. Granted that was early in the season and Forney has improved, im taking Gainsville in this one 31-20.

Keith7
11-26-2003, 09:49 AM
3afan2K3:
does pervey play defense?No Last season he played corner alot, but i have not seen him on the field for defense yet this year

crzyjournalist03
11-26-2003, 12:43 PM
Ok guys...I waited until the last moment that I could to make my prediction...after this post, I will not be on the board probably until Sunday night. Some may laugh at my prediction, but this is really the way I see it...it's ok though, because people laughed at my Forney-Carthage prediction, and I got it almost exactly right. Forney is being underestimated by many other towns (I don't mean that Gainesville is underestimating them, just that 3A as a whole). The offense right now is literally unstoppable. These guys are, in my opinion, Forney's best since I've been around. The defense may not be shutting teams down, but they are coming up with the big plays when they need them. When the game is close, Forney is dominating the turnover ratio. Forney's turnover problems have generally come after they have amassed a large lead (with the exception of the Horn debacle). With all that said, I offer my fearless prediction, and should I be wrong, I will be here to stand up for it afterwards.

Forney-44
Gainesville-25

PPHSfan
11-26-2003, 12:52 PM
OK, It is time for Daddy to speak.....

Forney 38
Gainesville 17

However, Forney might go ahead and score 52 just for good measure. :p

Place your bets and Hide and Watch.....Forney Rolls.

Keith7
11-26-2003, 12:54 PM
I hope yall have left over crow from thanksgiving to eat friday

Leopards,class of 75
11-26-2003, 08:21 PM
Keith, you are 100% right about that! I respect Forney as a team, but I have respect for the defense of the Leopards too! I really believe this will be a battle till the end. Gainesville will be ready to play ball on Friday night.

Rabbit'93
11-26-2003, 08:47 PM
Keith7:
I hope yall have left over crow from thanksgiving to eat fridayI thought everyone ate turkey...not crow....I'll be eating leftover turkey late Fri. evening. wink

I think the score will be closer but I have faith that my Rabbits will pull out the W. I've heard nothing but good things about the Leps so I look forward to a great ballgame.

<small>[ November 26, 2003, 07:48 PM: Message edited by: Rabbit'93 ]</small>

Keith7
11-26-2003, 08:53 PM
Rabbit'93:

Keith7:
I hope yall have left over crow from thanksgiving to eat fridayI thought everyone ate turkey...not crow....I'll be eating leftover turkey late Fri. evening. wink

I think the score will be closer but I have faith that my Rabbits will pull out the W. I've heard nothing but good things about the Leps so I look forward to a great ballgame.Yea should be an awesome game, two of 3A's best Running backs goin at it.. I'm just mad I have to miss it

Rabbit'93
11-26-2003, 08:59 PM
Why can't you make it Keith?

Rabdad
11-26-2003, 11:36 PM
Showtime33:
This should be a great game. Forney has not really played a team this good since they played Horn and I think Gainsville is better than Horn. Horn ran the ball at will on Forney. Granted that was early in the season and Forney has improved, im taking Gainsville in this one 31-20.Belive me.. Gainesville is good, but they are no Horn. Horn ran the ball at will with huge linemen, and only when we gave them the ball inside the 20.

jason
11-27-2003, 01:15 AM
Keith7:

Rabbit'93:

Keith7:

I think the score will be closer but I have faith that my Rabbits will pull out the W. I've heard nothing but good things about the Leps so I look forward to a great ballgame.Yea should be an awesome game, two of 3A's best Running backs goin at it.. I'm just mad I have to miss iti know laury is one of the best in the state? who is the other? forneys back up maybe?

Showtime33
11-27-2003, 01:40 AM
Trust me, Gainsville could beat Horn. Forney has a lot of speed, but they have not seen a team with the kind of speed that Gainsville has.

Keith7
11-27-2003, 02:41 AM
Rabbit'93:
Why can't you make it Keith?I have to work, i'm normally scheduled of for fridays, but its the bussiest shoppin day of the year

aamove
11-27-2003, 08:24 AM
Showtime33:
Trust me, Gainsville could beat Horn. Forney has a lot of speed, but they have not seen a team with the kind of speed that Gainsville has.Nor has Gainseville seen the kind of speed or coverage that Forney has.

MonkeyJoe
11-27-2003, 11:48 AM
Keith7:

Rabbit'93:
Why can't you make it Keith?I have to work, i'm normally scheduled of for fridays, but its the bussiest shoppin day of the yearHey, i put i wanted off on the schedule almost 2 weeks ago, not even knowing if we would make it this far, and they still tried to make me work because they thought it was gonna b so busy...i told them i wasnt gonna be there and they said if you dont show up youre gonna get fired, so last night, i quit....i need a job!

Leopards,class of 75
11-27-2003, 12:30 PM
Now that's a real fan Monkey Joe!!! You will find a better job, I pray that you do! Hopefully you will need off for the next couple of weeks to the the Leopards head for the big game!!! Looking forward to Friday's game, should be Texas high school football at it's best! Go Big Red.

WinnRRfan
11-27-2003, 12:42 PM
Will this game be on the internet anywhere?

Keith7
11-27-2003, 01:56 PM
MonkeyJoe:

Keith7:

Rabbit'93:
Why can't you make it Keith?I have to work, i'm normally scheduled of for fridays, but its the bussiest shoppin day of the yearHey, i put i wanted off on the schedule almost 2 weeks ago, not even knowing if we would make it this far, and they still tried to make me work because they thought it was gonna b so busy...i told them i wasnt gonna be there and they said if you dont show up youre gonna get fired, so last night, i quit....i need a job!Yea it seems like I just came down with the "Flu" wink
so maybe i will be able to make it after all

<small>[ November 27, 2003, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: Keith7 ]</small>

celinaorange
11-27-2003, 02:04 PM
The difference in Gainesville this year is very simple....discipline is 100% improved and they are coached far better this year....I have not seen Forney, but if they are better than Gainesville, they should win it all....the thing that I think most people are not considering is the defense of Gainesville....it is very efficient and Purvey and Brown will get the points....so I think the defensive effort that excels will determine the winner and I think that it will be Gainesville in a relative easy victory...

SintonFan
11-27-2003, 02:12 PM
Never ever count out Forney. They could very well be two-time defending champions if it wasn't for Everman. Year in year out they've got talent. This is gonna be a great game that will go down to the wire. I think Forney can pull out a win here. No offense Gainsville just my opinion.
Good luck to both teams and play your best.

Rabbit'93
11-27-2003, 10:49 PM
Keith7:

MonkeyJoe:

Keith7:

Rabbit'93:
Why can't you make it Keith?I have to work, i'm normally scheduled of for fridays, but its the bussiest shoppin day of the yearHey, i put i wanted off on the schedule almost 2 weeks ago, not even knowing if we would make it this far, and they still tried to make me work because they thought it was gonna b so busy...i told them i wasnt gonna be there and they said if you dont show up youre gonna get fired, so last night, i quit....i need a job!Yea it seems like I just came down with the "Flu" wink
so maybe i will be able to make it after allAtta boy Keith!

Rabbit'93
11-27-2003, 10:52 PM
celinaorange:
The difference in Gainesville this year is very simple....discipline is 100% improved and they are coached far better this year....I have not seen Forney, but if they are better than Gainesville, they should win it all....the thing that I think most people are not considering is the defense of Gainesville....it is very efficient and Purvey and Brown will get the points....so I think the defensive effort that excels will determine the winner and I think that it will be Gainesville in a relative easy victory...Relatively easy....what are you smokin...I guess we'd have to hang 45 on you for you think anything more of us. Sorry to bust your bubble but this ain't our first rodeo. We've been around 3A awhile.