PDA

View Full Version : Stock market crashing today...

Adidas410s
02-27-2007, 03:17 PM
It's been down over 500 points today but has seen a bit of a rally and is only down about 400 now.

BTEXDAD
02-27-2007, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
It's been down over 500 points today but has seen a bit of a rally and is only down about 400 now.

The post tremors of buyout of TXU Energy

Phil C
02-27-2007, 03:21 PM
:(

Reds fan
02-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Strong correction and overdue, should be a good time to look for some bargains.

coach
02-27-2007, 04:40 PM
well crap that aint good for me my dad is a freakin stock broaker.lol im not talkin to him today he will be cranky for two days

Adidas410s
02-27-2007, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by coach
well crap that aint good for me my dad is a freakin stock broaker.lol im not talkin to him today he will be cranky for two days

Today isn't a bad day for brokers. It presents them with a lot of buying opportunities as stocks have "lost some weight" and dropped out of the overpriced catagory. There will be some very good values in the market now that weren't there before today.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-27-2007, 06:18 PM
But I thought our economy was robust and our stock market was so strong. What happened?

CenTexSports
02-27-2007, 06:26 PM
The Democrats took over both houses of Congress.

Blastoderm55
02-27-2007, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports

DARN THOSE COMMIES! :mad:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-27-2007, 06:33 PM

Oh my God, what a travesty! This is an outrage, we can't allow Democrats to take control of anything. :mad:

carter08
02-27-2007, 06:35 PM

Yes
Exactly
It has nothing to do with the Executive Branch at all

SintonFan
02-27-2007, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Oh my God, what a travesty! This is an outrage, we can't allow Democrats to take control of anything. :mad:
I like the way you think G-man!:clap: :clap: :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-27-2007, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Yes
Exactly

Of course not. The executive branch has nothing to do with fiscal policy and the shaping of our economy at all UNLESS things are going great.

SintonFan
02-27-2007, 06:38 PM
Yes
Exactly
You're a boob...:eek: :rolleyes:

carter08
02-27-2007, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan

You wish

Blastoderm55
02-27-2007, 06:39 PM
THIS CAME AS A RESULT OF THE BLOWOUT SALE AT BEST BUY LOCATIONS!!! THIS WINDFALL OF CHEAP GOODS IS NOT GOOD FOR BUSINESS!!! IF THE POOR CANNOT AFFORD VIDEO GAMES THEY DO NOT DESERVE TO PLAY THEM!!!

SintonFan
02-27-2007, 06:41 PM
You wish
No, that's not my idea of fantasy. If I said you were a pair of boobs then you might have something.:hairpunk: :p

SintonFan_inAustin
02-27-2007, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
THIS CAME AS A RESULT OF THE BLOWOUT SALE AT BEST BUY LOCATIONS!!! THIS WINDFALL OF CHEAP GOODS IS NOT GOOD FOR BUSINESS!!! IF THE POOR CANNOT AFFORD VIDEO GAMES THEY DO NOT DESERVE TO PLAY THEM!!! its the news of Circiut City closing its doors:eek: yikes

SintonFan
02-27-2007, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
its the news of Circiut City closing its doors:eek: yikes
What? Are you serious?:eek:

SintonFan_inAustin
02-27-2007, 07:10 PM
What? Are you serious?:eek: Circuit City lost $16 million in the third quarter while Best Buy's third-quarter profit rose nearly 9 percent to $150 million.

They are closing 69 stores http://couponing.about.com/b/a/256850.htm link to check what stores near u are closing. it states 62 of the stores are in canada;)

Reds fan
02-27-2007, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Circuit City lost $16 million in the third quarter while Best Buy's third-quarter profit rose nearly 9 percent to $150 million.

They are closing 69 stores http://couponing.about.com/b/a/256850.htm link to check what stores near u are closing

But Best Buy won't say Merry Christmas:confused:

pirate44
02-27-2007, 07:15 PM
the less than 4% loss is no where near a "correction, and mention of a crash is ridiculous.

catman
02-27-2007, 07:34 PM
One should wait a day or two to see what will happen. If this does turn out to be a correction, it will take 2 weeks or more to play out.

SintonFan
02-27-2007, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
the less than 4% loss is no where near a "correction, and mention of a crash is ridiculous.
I think we create the whole "may you live in interesting times" thingy because we are pretty narcissistic...:doh: maybe not.
I was flabbergasted at what the media put out today in the form of financial news. Is it my imagination or does every media outlet tend to over-dramatize every piece of news as more important than it actually is? Everything is a flippin "crisis" now.:thinking: :mad: :eek:

Adidas410s
02-27-2007, 08:25 PM

I wanted to try and generate some interest...so I figured the word crash my help get a discussion going. Now if we can get the political haters out of the way! ;)

SintonFan
02-27-2007, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I wanted to try and generate some interest...so I figured the word crash my help get a discussion going. Now if we can get the political haters out of the way! ;)
I'm not one of those you know.:nerd:

GreenMonster
02-28-2007, 12:25 AM

Carter, come here and let me get a cheap feel!!!

Reds fan
02-28-2007, 09:53 AM
I was flabbergasted at what the media put out today in the form of financial news. Is it my imagination or does every media outlet tend to over-dramatize every piece of news as more important than it actually is? Everything is a flippin "crisis" now.:thinking: :mad: :eek:

Yup. Remember the "news" people in Houston during the "ice storm" waiting around for buckets of water to freeze so they could show some ice:doh:

It appears the market has settled some now and was due for at least this minor correction after some 16 months of gains.

mustang04
02-28-2007, 10:07 AM
so...will all this make alcohol cheaper?????

:D :D

Black_Magic
02-28-2007, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Of course not. The executive branch has nothing to do with fiscal policy and the shaping of our economy at all UNLESS things are going great. SO true... But if its going great and a Dem is in office then they say it has nothing to do with the prez... If a Republican is in office and the economy is doing great they say."look what a wonderfull job he is doing".:clap:

pirate44
02-28-2007, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
SO true... But if its going great and a Dem is in office then they say it has nothing to do with the prez... If a Republican is in office and the economy is doing great they say."look what a wonderfull job he is doing".:clap:
isnt that what dems do too, just in reverse? actually, if the economy is good under a repub prez, they say its in the tank.

Black_Magic
02-28-2007, 10:26 AM
isnt that what dems do too, just in reverse? actually, if the economy is good under a repub prez, they say its in the tank. Well with the job growth number for the ENTIRE Term of Bush is poor because of the first 3. Clinton had the best economic preformance of all presidents sence WWII according to FORBS mag ( bible along with the wall street journal to finace people,).

pirate44
02-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Well with the job growth number for the ENTIRE Term of Bush is poor because of the first 3. Clinton had the best economic preformance of all presidents sence WWII according to FORBS mag ( bible along with the wall street journal to finace people,).
im sorry to hear that. how long have you been unemployed?

Reds fan
02-28-2007, 10:56 AM
Well with the job growth number for the ENTIRE Term of Bush is poor because of the first 3. ,).

Could not have anything to do with Sept 11, 2001

Txbroadcaster
02-28-2007, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Reds fan
Could not have anything to do with Sept 11, 2001

Actually the economy was starting to go south BEFORE Clinton left office. Sept 11th just caused it to decline quicker.

AggieBob
02-28-2007, 11:12 AM
It's Japan's fault...

BTEXDAD
02-28-2007, 11:21 AM
I'm in financial services industry and it is good buying opportunity after yesterday's market correction.
Dow is currently up over 100 pts today, so you need to hurry to get good prices on stocks. Contact me if you would like to invest. Minimum $10,000.

Blastoderm55
02-28-2007, 11:22 AM
News blamed a slowing of the Chinese economy. I knew being dependent on them would bite us in the ass. :mad:

In other news, gas prices have risen about 20 cents in the past 5 days, with no end in sight. Probably see a steady increase up to and throughout the Spring Break season.

The Fat Cats keep getting fatter!!!

BUT SUCH IS THE BEAUTY OF CAPITALISM!!!

Black_Magic
02-28-2007, 11:50 AM
FACTS according to Forbes Mag...

CLICK HERE FOR FACTS (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5474580)
CLICK HERE TOO. (http://www.forbes.com/2004/07/20/cx_da_0720presidents.html) Its not me talking here. these are the leading economic indicators for each president from WWII on.

Black_Magic
02-28-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Reds fan
Could not have anything to do with Sept 11, 2001 when all else fails make excuses or pull out the 911 crutch.

pirate44
02-28-2007, 11:57 AM
facts according to the 3a down low (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60779)

Black_Magic
02-28-2007, 12:07 PM
BWAHAHAHA!!!! now thats a Hoot!!! boy thats scientific!:clap: Think about it. If the prez is doing so well why is his aproval raiting down to 29%??????:thinking:

pirate44
02-28-2007, 12:16 PM
BWAHAHAHA!!!! now thats a Hoot!!! boy thats scientific!:clap: Think about it. If the prez is doing so well why is his aproval raiting down to 29%??????:thinking:
why would you believe something "scientific" over what real people say? as for the 29% or whatever it is (i think its higher now, but thats scientific) is because the war and border security. not the economy. when its all said and done, id venture to guess the majority (by a large margin) are doing better than before the current prez. administration.

Black_Magic
02-28-2007, 12:20 PM
why would you believe something "scientific" over what real people say? as for the 29% or whatever it is (i think its higher now, but thats scientific) is because the war and border security. not the economy. when its all said and done, id venture to guess the majority (by a large margin) are doing better than before the current prez. administration. well you are clearly a 29%er. Keep the faith.:thumbsup: little hint though. the war( Iraq that is) was the biggest mistake made by a us president in the last 50 years. even his own party dont support him anymore. he is an discrace to them.

pirate44
02-28-2007, 12:22 PM
well you are clearly a 29%er. Keep the faith.:thumbsup: little hint though. the war( Iraq that is) was the biggest mistake made by a us president in the last 50 years. even his own party dont support him anymore. he is an discrace to them.
nice change of subject. werent you saying the 29% was due to the economy? and by the way, i never said what my position is on the current prez. just that it is a robust economy and that myself, like many others are better off than before the administration. stay on subject here.

Black_Magic
02-28-2007, 12:30 PM
nice change of subject. werent you saying the 29% was due to the economy? and by the way, i never said what my position is on the current prez. just that it is a robust economy and that myself, like many others are better off than before the administration. stay on subject here. Well Crap! of course many are better off.. Most is what we are looking for. Most arnt. the hay day was the mid 90s. thats when Clinton was prez. Now Bush Gave people tax cuts (especialy the wealthy) but only the wealty measure succes with the size of a tax return. and the 29% is a combination of both.

Reds fan
02-28-2007, 12:38 PM
when all else fails make excuses or pull out the 911 crutch.

Do you really want to call the deaths of 3000 plus Americans, men, women amd children a crutch:rolleyes: ???

Please read further in to your references to "FACT" and you will see that the researchers at Forbes go on to say "To be sure, there is a sharp debate as to the ability of any president--or government--to control the economy."

As for "excuses" Forbes notes the following REASONS as limitations or benefits to Presidents performances:

"The key to Clinton's success, says Alice Rivlin, a Brookings Institution scholar who served as his director of management and budget, was adhering to the "pay/go" agreement first forged by President George H. W. Bush "

"The Vietnam War had the biggest impact [of any single factor under Johnson] both for good and for ill,"

"The situation got much worse under Carter, in large part because of the oil embargo imposed by the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries and resultant price shocks"

I guess it is OK to call underlying effects on the economy "excuses or crutches" if it does not fit your agenda. But the FACT is that each president has to deal with what is thrown at him, good, bad, or indifferent.

I don't think we've had much worse than what was thrown at us on 911.

pirate44
02-28-2007, 12:44 PM
Well Crap! of course many are better off.. Most is what we are looking for. Most arnt. the hay day was the mid 90s. thats when Clinton was prez. Now Bush Gave people tax cuts (especialy the wealthy) but only the wealty measure succes with the size of a tax return. and the 29% is a combination of both.
if the hay day was mid-90s and by you "Well Crap! of course many are better off", what does that make today's economy?

pirate44
02-28-2007, 12:45 PM
and by the way, calm down. im just having a discussion with you.

piratebg
02-28-2007, 01:12 PM
I'm guessing this is why gas prices have gone up to from like 2.09 to 2.24 in 2-4 days.

Black_Magic
02-28-2007, 01:33 PM
if the hay day was mid-90s and by you "Well Crap! of course many are better off", what does that make today's economy? Uhhhh worse.....

SintonFan
02-28-2007, 02:37 PM
Well Crap! of course many are better off.. Most is what we are looking for. Most arnt. the hay day was the mid 90s. thats when Clinton was prez. Now Bush Gave people tax cuts (especialy the wealthy) but only the wealty measure succes with the size of a tax return. and the 29% is a combination of both.
Shut up BM(can I call you BM?).
You depress and sicken me with your constant belligerent bad attitude. I bet the cup is not only half full in your world, but full of parasites from polluted rivers and getting hot because we're warming the world up with CO2 emissions.:p :eek: :D

Black_Magic
02-28-2007, 02:40 PM
Shut up BM(can I call you BM?).
You depress and sicken me with your constant belligerent bad attitude. I bet the cup is not only half full in your world, but full of parasites from polluted rivers and getting hot because we're warming the world up with CO2 emissions.:p :eek: :D Sad. The Green house effect is real and scientist agree on it and you. Sorry I have a bad attitude. Guess you can feel the same as the 71% of america who think Bush is doing a bad job....:rolleyes: Did this last election not send a message to you?? people dont agree we are going in the right direction. thats why they got rid of republican in BOTH houses of congress and the only thing that saved the white house is its not up this year for re-election:p

SintonFan
02-28-2007, 02:42 PM
Sad. The Green house effect is real and scientist agree on it and you. Sorry I have a bad attitude. Guess you can feel the same as the 71% of america who think Bush is doing a bad job....:rolleyes:
Ever the optimist...
"America" should be capitalized you freak. :p

SintonFan
02-28-2007, 02:43 PM
Ever the optimist...
"America" should be capitalized you freak. :p
He capitalizes "green house effect" but leaves America in little type. Where are all of our priorities...:confused:

Black_Magic
02-28-2007, 02:44 PM
Ever the optimist...
"America" should be capitalized you freak. :p AND NO you may not call be BM now that you asked..

SintonFan
02-28-2007, 02:45 PM
AND NO you may not call be BM now that you asked..
Sorry BM.:D

Black_Magic
02-28-2007, 02:45 PM
Sorry BM.:D MF is ok for then?:clap:

Black_Magic
02-28-2007, 02:48 PM
You keep the faith 29%er:clap: :clap: :clap: Only a year left and hes out of here!:D :D :D But you keep the faith.. Heck sombody needs to or he will have the absolute worst approval raiting ( although he is almost there anyway) of any president since WWII:D :clap:

BuffyMars
02-28-2007, 02:52 PM
You keep the faith 29%er:clap: :clap: :clap: Only a year left and hes out of here!:D :D :D But you keep the faith.. Heck sombody needs to or he will have the absolute worst approval raiting ( although he is almost there anyway) of any president since WWII:D :clap:

Who cares? Every president gets trashed in office! You can't please everyone, its impossible.

There has never been a perfect president.

Black_Magic
02-28-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
Who cares? Every president gets trashed in office! You can't please everyone, its impossible.

There has never been a perfect president. I have seen a few president and he is the worst by far than any in the last 20 years at least. and we all should care. Usualy the people who have that attitude are the ones who supported him so strongly and dont want to face the fact they screwed up so they take that kind of attitude or make excuses .

SintonFan
02-28-2007, 02:59 PM
You keep the faith 29%er:clap: :clap: :clap: Only a year left and hes out of here!:D But you keep the faith.. Heck sombody needs to or he will have the absolute worst approval raiting ( although he is almost there anyway) of any president since WWII:D :clap:
I'll keep the faith if you keep the hate, BM.:thumbsup: :p
(you know I'm just giving you a hard time BM ;) )

Txbroadcaster
02-28-2007, 03:00 PM
I have seen a few president and he is the worst by far than any in the last 20 years at least. and we all should care. Usualy the people who have that attitude are the ones who supported him so strongly and dont want to face the fact they screwed up so they take that kind of attitude or make excuses .

dont make such an assumption..Buffy is no lover of the current president. But her point is valid..No president in the last 30 years has been truly loved by all..Heck I dont think you can go back to ANY President that was loved by all

BuffyMars
02-28-2007, 03:02 PM
I have seen a few president and he is the worst by far than any in the last 20 years at least. and we all should care. Usualy the people who have that attitude are the ones who supported him so strongly and dont want to face the fact they screwed up so they take that kind of attitude or make excuses .

If you must know my voting record...I voted for him the 1st go round, and I did not the 2nd time around.

As for support...he is our president. Like it or not. Do i jump up and down and shout glory to Jesus for Bush? No.

But...

What I hate is when people act like he is the only man running this country. He is to blame for every problem. Um...no.

AggieBob
02-28-2007, 03:17 PM
I love how this problem has turned into the bashing of our own. The downturn in the market was an external problem, that's why we are rebounding so well.

JasperDog94
02-28-2007, 04:45 PM
well you are clearly a 29%er. Keep the faith.:thumbsup: little hint though. the war( Iraq that is) was the biggest mistake made by a us president in the last 50 years. even his own party dont support him anymore. he is an discrace to them. I am doing much, much better, but that has nothing to do with the president's approval rating. I would give him a thumbs down due to the border situation. It has nothing to do with the economy or Iraq.

JasperDog94
02-28-2007, 04:47 PM
Sad. The Green house effect is real and scientist agree on it and you. Some do and some don't.

Black_Magic
03-01-2007, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Some do and some don't. Ok some do and some dont.. what if the ones who dont are wrong and we do nothing or dont take the warnings seriously??? What are those results going to be for all of us or our kids??? now look at if we do take the warning seriously what happens now?? Cleaner air?? and pay more for that air and security that our way of life continues.... what path do you take?? the risk of being wrong and ending it all or the safe path??:thinking: