PDA

View Full Version : Cotton Bowl Move made official

Bulldog_12
02-27-2007, 03:07 PM
Cotton Bowl is moving.

Cotton Bowl Moves (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2780883)

BTEXDAD
02-27-2007, 03:17 PM
Sounds good. I can remember when the "big four" of bowl games was Rose, Sugar, Orange and Cotton.
Cotton Bowl started losing prestige, then Southwest Conference terminated.
It would be nice to get Cotton Bowl into mix of BCS (or playoff system) for college football.

bullfrog_alumni_02
02-28-2007, 03:05 AM
i like the idea of this being the new location for the cotton bowl, but i dont think i like the idea of the red river rivalry moving from the state fair...i think that needs to stay where it is. the sheer amount of violence produced in and around that game that has always been there, or atleast for the last 60 years or so, needs to stay a part of that game. maybe its just me, but that would be a disrespect to the state fair if THAT game left the cotton bowl.

DU_stud04
02-28-2007, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
i like the idea of this being the new location for the cotton bowl, but i dont think i like the idea of the red river rivalry moving from the state fair...i think that needs to stay where it is. the sheer amount of violence produced in and around that game that has always been there, or atleast for the last 60 years or so, needs to stay a part of that game. maybe its just me, but that would be a disrespect to the state fair if THAT game left the cotton bowl. i agree, i like the red river shootout there in dallas.... even though arlington is my backyard

Gobbla2001
02-28-2007, 12:28 PM
I agree, the Red River Rumble... shootout... rivalry... madness WHATEVER needs to stay there...

Adidas410s
02-28-2007, 12:40 PM
With the state fair giving both Texas and OU $4 million each year...I doubt they leave too quickly. Then again...Dodds wants to move it to a home and home game.

burnet44
02-28-2007, 01:44 PM
put a fork in it
Jerry got what he wanted
a city to pay for jerryland
dallas wouldnt
arlington would

gobble_up03
02-28-2007, 01:52 PM
in the Daily Texan today, it said that the Red River Rivalry will be played at the Cotton Bowl through 2010, and Dodds said he has no plans past that

Macarthur
02-28-2007, 01:59 PM
Just another example of why Dallas is the biggest joke of an American metropolitan city.

I'm not big fan of Laura Miller, but the biggest problem is that they have a weak mayor form of city government. Basically everything has to go through formal votes of the city council and the city is so fragmented that they will never allow one part of the city to get something because the other parts of the city yell racism or preferential treatment. I'm not a big fan of cities paying for these stadiums, but the fact that they couldn't even come to enough common ground to at least let it go to the people for vote just shows how Dallas will never be a great city.