PDA

View Full Version : Kemp vs. Gilmer Box Score...what is weird about it?

kaorder1999
02-27-2007, 12:49 PM
LETS PLAY THE "WHAT SEEMS SUSPICIOUS" ABOUT THIS BOX SCORE????

Gilmer 47 Kemp 48

Period score

Gilmer 13 13 10 11 -- 47
Kemp 11 8 15 14 -- 48

Individual Leaders

GIL: Dominique Buchanan 19, Deuane Clark 12, Zach Jones 11, Houston Tumilello 3, G J Kinne 2.
KEMP: Joseph Simmons 17, Justin Gibson 12, Jacurri Culberson 11, Kevin Freeman 7, Josh Carr 1.

Blastoderm55
02-27-2007, 12:50 PM
I thought the Tumilello kid wasn't allowed a transfer to Gilmer. Guess I was mistaken.

kaorder1999
02-27-2007, 12:51 PM
amazing....i cant believe it haasnt been brought up already unless I missed it.

pirate4state
02-27-2007, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
I thought the Tumilello kid wasn't allowed a transfer to Gilmer. Guess I was mistaken. What he said. :thinking: :thinking:

That or that GJ Kinne only scored 2 points?

kaorder1999
02-27-2007, 12:54 PM
im suprised no Gilmer people have talked about it on here

pirate4state
02-27-2007, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
im suprised no Gilmer people have talked about it on here well, after football ends (and that was awhile ago for them :devil: ) they kinda shut down - or so I've been told. :cool:

Txbroadcaster
02-27-2007, 12:56 PM
Yep they do

He transferred I THINK during holidays

Manck
02-27-2007, 12:59 PM
I looked through the articles on the Gilmer Mirror's site, and the first basketball article with Tuminello in it is in Gilmer's first round playoff game.

Weird. I might have to get pissed off.

44INAROW
02-27-2007, 01:00 PM
nevermind.

kaorder1999
02-27-2007, 01:01 PM
on Smoaky.com he himself (smoaky) said he couldnt believe he didnt know about the transfer sooner and he has tried to get with Coach Traylor but Coach Traylor wont respond....this is interesting!!!!

Txbroadcaster
02-27-2007, 01:02 PM
on Smoaky.com he himself (smoaky) said he couldnt believe he didnt know about the transfer sooner and he has tried to get with Coach Traylor but Coach Traylor wont respond....this is interesting!!!!

Take what he says with a grain of salt

LH Panther Mom
02-27-2007, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Manck
Weird. I might have to get pissed off.
It's better to be pissed off than on. ;)

Txbroadcaster
02-27-2007, 01:03 PM

ALSO in defense of Traylor, you used some different wording..he did not say he wont respond..he just said he has not yet..Traylor never dodges questions

kaorder1999
02-27-2007, 01:05 PM
his exact words....

I emailed Gilmer athletic director and head football coach Jeff Traylor, but he hasn't responded...but he always does, so I should hear from him soon.

Txbroadcaster
02-27-2007, 01:06 PM
his exact words....

admit it..the way you worded it sounded more shady..like Traylor was ducking him..That old Media style is still in ya LOL

kaorder1999
02-27-2007, 01:30 PM
whatever....im just tired of Gilmer getting their way. What are they teaching these young kids? They don't learn what commitment is at all.

Vince Lombardi
02-27-2007, 01:39 PM
They always get what they want....Dang...

Manck
02-27-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Vince Lombardi
They always get what they want....Dang...
Yeah... Like first round playoff wins... Wait.

Vince Lombardi
02-27-2007, 01:56 PM
whatever....im just tired of Gilmer getting their way. What are they teaching these young kids? They don't learn what commitment is at all.

Who is they? The mom and dad or the coaches in Gilmer?

pirate4state
02-27-2007, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Manck
Yeah... Like first round playoff wins... Wait.

:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

OH SNAP!! ;)

JR2004
02-27-2007, 02:28 PM
I was wondering how long it would take before someone brought up that he's out there.

kaorder1999
02-27-2007, 04:02 PM
good to see GJ and Houston help Gilmer out with their early eliminations!

Txbroadcaster
02-27-2007, 04:03 PM
good to see GJ and Houston help Gilmer out with their early eliminations!

U seem to have a bias torwards GJ

kaorder1999
02-27-2007, 04:12 PM
if they stay with their qb instead of playing GJ then they win a state championship this year.

pirate4state
02-27-2007, 04:17 PM
if they stay with their qb instead of playing GJ then they win a state championship this year. you bored at work today? :devil:

too bad all the Gilmer faithful are off until next August ;)

kaorder1999
02-27-2007, 04:20 PM
no work today. we were off yesterday and today!!

gtownpoke
02-28-2007, 12:29 AM
Gilmer supporter here.. were about to start spring ball up here in Stillwater and I havent had a chance to go home since christmas break. I just heard a couple of days ago Houston was back in Gilmer.
As a fan it's not that big of a deal because Gilmer has plenty of good talented kids that know the system. Im more concerned with the quarterback situation anyways.
If I were a fan of a different team it would probably throw me off a little bit but once again it wouldnt be that big of a deal. If you are a well prepared, disciplined team and you have confidence in your program a player moving into Gilmer, Texas shouldnt really matter. I doubt having him against L-E would have made a huge difference.
Now if you're a high school player who is wanting to go to college Gilmer would look very appealing. Since the state championship team they have sent 1 to OU, 2 to Texas, 1 to K-State, 1 to Mississippi State, have 1 for next year committed to OU and 1 to UT and have sent a ton to a lot of different schools. There are big time college coaches constantly hitting up a school with about 600 kids.
Anyways I'm not sure what to think about his situation. If he has established residency in Gilmer and all that then he should be good to go. I feel a lot better since he has to go through the off-season program with everyone rather then come in during the summer and jump on the ship. Well that's my 2 cents. I have to get to bed now cuz the team is running stadiums at 6 in the morning and I have to be up there at 5:30

88bobcats
02-28-2007, 01:26 AM
I must have missed some sports headlines: what's the significance of Houston Tuminello? Did he move out of Gilmer and then move back; or are the accusations of alleged "recruiting" at the high school level.

Someone please fill me in, either on this thread or by P.M.

Gracias!

kaorder1999
02-28-2007, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
I must have missed some sports headlines: what's the significance of Houston Tuminello? Did he move out of Gilmer and then move back; or are the accusations of alleged "recruiting" at the high school level.

Someone please fill me in, either on this thread or by P.M.

Gracias!
he was a stud receiver at Canton last year with GJ. Before GJ moved to Gilmer Houston moved to Mesquite to play at Mesquite High. In the spring Houston was removed from the athletic program and then during hte summer he tried to enroll at GIlmer but was denied admittance or something and he then went to a Private school. He is now at Gilmer.

Vince Lombardi
02-28-2007, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by gtownpoke
Gilmer supporter here.. were about to start spring ball up here in Stillwater and I havent had a chance to go home since christmas break. I just heard a couple of days ago Houston was back in Gilmer.
As a fan it's not that big of a deal because Gilmer has plenty of good talented kids that know the system. Im more concerned with the quarterback situation anyways.
If I were a fan of a different team it would probably throw me off a little bit but once again it wouldnt be that big of a deal. If you are a well prepared, disciplined team and you have confidence in your program a player moving into Gilmer, Texas shouldnt really matter. I doubt having him against L-E would have made a huge difference.
Now if you're a high school player who is wanting to go to college Gilmer would look very appealing. Since the state championship team they have sent 1 to OU, 2 to Texas, 1 to K-State, 1 to Mississippi State, have 1 for next year committed to OU and 1 to UT and have sent a ton to a lot of different schools. There are big time college coaches constantly hitting up a school with about 600 kids.
Anyways I'm not sure what to think about his situation. If he has established residency in Gilmer and all that then he should be good to go. I feel a lot better since he has to go through the off-season program with everyone rather then come in during the summer and jump on the ship. Well that's my 2 cents. I have to get to bed now cuz the team is running stadiums at 6 in the morning and I have to be up there at 5:30

With all that talent that went Div. 1, how many of those kids played defense for Gilmer?

gtownpoke
02-28-2007, 08:15 PM
curtis played in the secondary but was a huge part of the offense. Kevin Hollis, who is in the secondary at K-State, played safety for gilmer when they won state. Justin Johnson, who's committed to OU, will either play running back or linebacker. But ya Gilmer makes a living on offense. I still think the defensive coaches are excellent at what they do though

Emerson1
02-28-2007, 09:57 PM
no work today. we were off yesterday and today!!
What was the occasion for being off?

and I thought GJ was enrolling early.