PDA

View Full Version : The state of Texas A&M Sports

Funk-d-fied
02-27-2007, 10:44 AM
Wednesday the Lady Aggies Host ut and with a win clinch the BIG 12 basketball championship!

Alan Cannon, associate AD for media relations, checked out the latest rankings of all of our sports that are active right now. Taking the highest ranking, whether from The AP, USA Today Coaches, or various national organizations, he found six in the Top 10, and 13 in the Top 30. Note that the women's and men's track and field ranking is based on a national service's projected finish in the upcoming NCAA meets:

• Women's Track & Field (outdoor), No. 1

• Softball, No. 2

• Women's Swimming & Diving, No. 5

• Women's Track & Field (indoor), No. 6

• Men's Golf, No. 7

• Men's Basketball, No. 8

• Women's Basketball, No. 16

• Men's Tennis, No. 19

• Women's Golf, No. 20

• Men's Track & Field (outdoor), No. 23

• Baseball, No. 24

• Men's Swimming & Diving, No. 25

• Women's Tennis, No. 29

Soccer completed its 2006 season No. 5, and football was No. 21 in the final BCS poll. The first equestrian poll of the season isn't out yet; our team has the second-best record in the nation.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-27-2007, 10:51 AM
Gig em Aggies!!

Adidas410s
02-27-2007, 11:02 AM
Equestrian looks to be a pivotal sport for the Ags this year!!! ;)

Funk-d-fied
02-27-2007, 11:03 AM
How is the Tech Hockey team doing this year?

IHStangFan
02-27-2007, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Equestrian looks to be a pivotal sport for the Ags this year!!! ;) I have a friend who rides equestrian for A&M :)

Phil C
02-27-2007, 11:09 AM
Hey Funk the State Farm Lone Star Conference Race is looking to be much closer than the past two years this year. If the Aggies win both basketball games tomorrow as I expect then it will be tied at 5.5 each and I look for the last points to be tight. I am predicting a very close final score for the overall cup. It may come down the the final event baseball.
The only thing I don't like even though it benefits UT is that the overall cup is awarded to the prior year winner which would be UT. I wrote their web site and suggested that in case of a 9.5 to 9.5 final tie that the winner of the football game (since it is the most popular event and the fact that women's sports account for 10 of the available 19 points) get an extra 1/4 point to break the tie. I wanted to suggest that the past two years but wasn't comfortable being a UT fan and we had won those two games but this year since the Aggies won I emailed my suggestion. Of course they haven't responded back so I guess my suggestion was rediculous. ;)

Funk-d-fied
02-27-2007, 11:10 AM
Hey it is a start and that is alot more then others are willing to do, it's in the name of good sports competition...

Phil C
02-27-2007, 11:53 AM
Great research Funk! Thanks for sharing!

Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
Wednesday the Lady Aggies Host ut and with a win clinch the BIG 12 basketball championship!

Alan Cannon, associate AD for media relations, checked out the latest rankings of all of our sports that are active right now. Taking the highest ranking, whether from The AP, USA Today Coaches, or various national organizations, he found six in the Top 10, and 13 in the Top 30. Note that the women's and men's track and field ranking is based on a national service's projected finish in the upcoming NCAA meets:

• Women's Track & Field (outdoor), No. 1

• Softball, No. 2

• Women's Swimming & Diving, No. 5

• Women's Track & Field (indoor), No. 6

• Men's Golf, No. 7

• Men's Basketball, No. 8

• Women's Basketball, No. 16

• Men's Tennis, No. 19

• Women's Golf, No. 20

• Men's Track & Field (outdoor), No. 23

• Baseball, No. 24

• Men's Swimming & Diving, No. 25

• Women's Tennis, No. 29

Soccer completed its 2006 season No. 5, and football was No. 21 in the final BCS poll. The first equestrian poll of the season isn't out yet; our team has the second-best record in the nation.

Adidas410s
02-27-2007, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
How is the Tech Hockey team doing this year?
It's between them and the Aggie Luge team for best overall performance at the Texas Collegiate Winter Games...