PDA

View Full Version : Matt

kepdawg
02-26-2007, 10:09 PM
Are you going to the Everman-Dunbar game?

mwynn05
02-26-2007, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Are you going to the Everman-Dunbar game? i want to since it is happening right across the street but i gotta work....Dunbar will probably win going away though....the real game is wednesday 1st round of the SBC tourney at the pit

Matthew328
02-27-2007, 12:00 AM
I am debating....I am almost certian we are gonna lose...Dunbar is an elite 4A team while Everman is just a good team....Everman does match up OK with Dunbar though...I just don't think they'll be able to stay around for long...not enough scoring for EHS....plus I have jury duty tomorrow..if they keep me til 5 the chances of me getting from downtown Ft Worth back to my place to change and then to Denton by 7 is not good..they are expecting a big crowd for the game..Dunbar travels well..

kepdawg
02-27-2007, 12:04 AM
I wasn't too impressed with what I saw out of Dunbar on Saturday. And they won 96-68! They are certainly not up to the level of past Dunbar teams. They didn't even have a dunk in the game! I don't know anything about Everman, but I would think they should have a legitimate shot at beating Dunbar if they can just keep things from getting out of hand. I'm thinking of heading up there tommorow.

Matthew328
02-27-2007, 12:07 AM
Dunbar isn't like they used to be this year...just a bunch of small quick guards....they play a style that doesn't look pretty but when you turn around they win by 20..Everman beating Sherman by 13 with their best 2 players not playing well did impress me..

kepdawg
02-27-2007, 12:12 AM
I expected a lot more from Dunbar early in the game. Only a 2 point lead after 1, and a 7 point lead at the half. Dunbar's talent should have given them a 20+ point lead at the half easy. Denison seemed to want it a lot more. The talent level finally started to show in the second half. Dunbar went on a 10-0 run early in the second half. Once Dunbar got up 12-15 they started raining 3's and that put the game out of hand. I guess the fact that I don't see Denison as a basketball school (Denison has never advanced past the second round), it was the first playoff game in several years, and they start 2 freshman I expected much more of a blowout.

kepdawg
02-27-2007, 06:57 PM
I'm about to head up there. I'll give you a report of the Everman upset when I get home.