PDA

View Full Version : T.O. gets more excuses

burnet44
02-26-2007, 02:04 PM
INDIANAPOLIS -- Terrell Owens needs more surgery on his injured right ring finger and might not be 100 percent until training camp.

Owens

Dallas Cowboys coach Wade Phillips confirmed that the wide receiver needs a second procedure on the finger that required surgery last month after getting injured during the 2006 season.

Phillips did not give a date, but The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported the surgery would be Thursday.

"I'll have to talk to our doctors and his doctors about how long he's going to be out," Phillips said. "Drew Rosenhaus [Owen's agent], who I talked to already, said he was going to be back sooner than what he says."

Phillips said he has only talked to Owens once since replacing Bill Parcells as the Cowboys coach on Feb. 8. Phillips said Owens called to congratulate him.

crzyjournalist03
02-26-2007, 02:07 PM
hmm...don't know why this article doesn't have more info...surgery is March 1st. It will prevent T.O. from catching until July. This was reported about a week ago.

mchavez
02-26-2007, 02:29 PM
what do you mean more excuses for T.O.? He has a hurt finger that needs to be fixed! Would you rather him to not have one and play hurt all season long like most of the last one?

themsu97
02-26-2007, 02:43 PM
that is what seperates TO from the greats...which is why Ronnie Lott is missing a finger

Txbroadcaster
02-26-2007, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
that is what seperates TO from the greats...which is why Ronnie Lott is missing a finger

huh? TO played THROUGH the finger problem..It is not like he stopped playing when it happened

pirate4state
02-26-2007, 02:45 PM
Don't fall for the SILVER BOOT trick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

themsu97
02-26-2007, 02:47 PM
it is a finger... guys play with hurt fingers all the time...TO is an overpaid, overhyped whiner...
exactly what has he done?

Ranger Mom
02-26-2007, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by mchavez
what do you mean more excuses for T.O.? He has a hurt finger that needs to be fixed! Would you rather him to not have one and play hurt all season long like most of the last one?

burnet44 hates the cowboys so anything perceived "bad" about TO is "board material" for him.:D

Txbroadcaster
02-26-2007, 03:03 PM
it is a finger... guys play with hurt fingers all the time...TO is an overpaid, overhyped whiner...
exactly what has he done?

Saying it is just a finger might work for some positions..but for a WR a finger is as important as his legs.

themsu97
02-26-2007, 03:14 PM
WWWWAAAAAA...my name is TO and I am a team Killer...WWWWAAAAA... I am way overrated...WWWWAAAA... throw me the ball more....WWWWWAAAAAAA.... so I can drop them....WWWWWAAAAAAA.... but I need finger surgery....WWWWAAAAAA....
whatever... fall for TO and his antics and excuses

Txbroadcaster
02-26-2007, 03:17 PM
WWWWAAAAAA...my name is TO and I am a team Killer...WWWWAAAAA... I am way overrated...WWWWAAAA... throw me the ball more....WWWWWAAAAAAA.... so I can drop them....WWWWWAAAAAAA.... but I need finger surgery....WWWWAAAAAA....
whatever... fall for TO and his antics and excuses

Yep..great post in this debate..Wow really cleared up the issue for me.thanks

themsu97
02-26-2007, 03:21 PM
are you seriously going to say that TO is great... broadcaster...you need to get over yourself... I cannot stand Skip Bayless but he is right about one thing... that TO stands for Terribly Overrated...
and you my friend, need to relax a little

Txbroadcaster
02-26-2007, 03:33 PM
are you seriously going to say that TO is great... broadcaster...you need to get over yourself... I cannot stand Skip Bayless but he is right about one thing... that TO stands for Terribly Overrated...
and you my friend, need to relax a little

relax? All I have been doing is debating. Please show me where I got agitated or angry or even heated.

Do I think TO is great..depends on how you mean..is he a top #1 WR now..no..but he is a guy that still has the talent that when so many people said he had a bad year this past year, he still led the NFC in TDs and was in top 10 in yards and receptions.

Plus Dallas cannot just drop him..then what do they do? They would be an offense that has one #2 and a couple of #3 WRs with no real true #1.

burnet44
02-26-2007, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
burnet44 hates the cowboys so anything perceived "bad" about TO is "board material" for him.:D

no I loved them without Jerry

Curly
02-26-2007, 04:43 PM
Got no real dog in this fight
I don't like TO
but as far as the Ronnie Lot deal
that sucker was one tough man
aint no way TO will ever be compared to Ronnie Lott in the Toughest ever to play the game class
TO could be one of the best - but the man is too big of a head case

here is the info on Ronnie Lott:

Ronnie Lott has the tip of the little finger on his left hand amputated to avoid missing action.

Ronnie Lott ignores what is later diagnosed as a hairline fracture of his right shin to stay in a game and intercepts two passes.

Ronnie Lott grits his teeth and blocks out two severely strained knees that could have ligament damage to help save a win on 'Monday Night Football.'

eagles_victory
02-26-2007, 05:00 PM
whatever... fall for TO and his antics and excuses nice 3rd grade playground argument and i thought skip said T.O. stood for team oblitrator sp???

Emerson1
02-26-2007, 05:14 PM
I'd like to see where TO made any excuses on why he was dropping footballs........that's what I thought he didn't. It was jerry.

I can't wait for this coming season. We finally have a coach who doesn't have a personal vendetta against one of his own players and won't be out to make him look bad.

Who-dun-it!!?
02-26-2007, 05:28 PM
I don't like T.O. or Jerry. But I'm a lifelong fan of the Boyz. I don't care if T.O.s out or in. All I know is I cheered every time he caught a T.D. pass, and I was pissed everytime he dropped the ball. His antics are less than desirable to me. But what about all the other overpaid thugs in the NFL who openly smoke dope and are anything other than a positive role modle for our children? Seems like a different guy each week in the news for being involved in some shooting at some bar, or crap like that. We hear this stuff and we still talk about T.O. Hey, I'm just as guilty as anyone, but are our priorities in order or not? Thats why I love Friday nights in Texas, thats where pure football is played, and us dreamers relive our youth.

JR2004
02-26-2007, 08:32 PM
I cannot stand Skip Bayless but he is right about one thing...

Skip Bayless is the great satan of reporters! Why a guy who hates pro sports and hates athletes makes a living covering pro sports is beyond me. I don't think one good word has ever come out of his mouth about any pro athlete or human being for that matter.

JR2004
02-26-2007, 08:33 PM

Bull19
02-26-2007, 10:58 PM
T.O. IS THE BEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO DALLAS.:)

burnet44
02-26-2007, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
T.O. IS THE BEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO DALLAS.:)

yeah
sure
you been riding with mike and nate in the van?

Bull19
02-26-2007, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
yeah
sure
you been riding with mike and nate in the van?

NO IM DEAD SERIOUS,,HE REALY IS,,JUST LIKE CLEMENS WILL PITCH THE WHOLE SEASON FOR THE STROS AND GET PAID THE LEAGUE MINIMUM.:D

Who-dun-it!!?
02-27-2007, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
T.O. IS THE BEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO DALLAS.:) :rolleyes:

Keith7
02-27-2007, 12:06 AM
t.o. is an idiot and is passed his prime.. He will blow up the cowboys just like he has everyother team he has been on, its as simple as that.. T.O. is all about T.O.

burnet44
02-27-2007, 12:15 AM
the BEST thing to ever happen to the Cowboys?

ok Im game

what is the BEST thing to ever happen to the Cowboys?

Ill say
the boys were floudering
Clint gave Tom a 10 year contract

that really started it
without that
the cowdoys may be the Cardnials

then we would be arguing WHEN they will win won
not how many was WON by WHO

that momebt defined the confidence an owner had in his coach
it silenced people who said fire Tom

that moment was the defining moment in their history

TO?

please

ok opinions

Who-dun-it!!?
02-27-2007, 01:49 AM
The best thing that ever happened to the cowboys has nothing to do with T.O. I think the best thing to ever happen is to be considered America's team. T.O. tarnishes that. Again, if we have him back next year, I hope he helps the boys win another superbowl. I'll cheer for his selfish self centered a$$ all year hopin he catches more passes and makes Romo look great. But I can certainly live without him, and I think the boys could trade up for some good picks and find some good young talent.

themsu97
02-27-2007, 12:31 PM
like my 3rd grade arguement... it is fun to be back in 3rd grade... anyone who thinks TO is good is on the same level as TO, a 3rd grader... unfortunately...a 3rd grader with ALOT of money runs the team...into the ground:kiss:

Txbroadcaster
02-27-2007, 12:32 PM
like my 3rd grade arguement... it is fun to be back in 3rd grade... anyone who thinks TO is good is on the same level as TO, a 3rd grader... unfortunately...a 3rd grader with ALOT of money runs the team...into the ground:kiss:

So if we disagree wth you we are on a 3rg grade level...Cool beans I love to draw and color

themsu97
02-27-2007, 12:33 PM
heck yeah...cut and paste ain't so bad either... just do not eat all the glue...

smustangs
02-27-2007, 12:37 PM
heck yeah...cut and paste ain't so bad either... just do not eat all the glue...

it might stick ur pooter shut