PDA

View Full Version : texans and call in shows

BTEXDAD
02-26-2007, 01:47 PM
The Loonies are starting to come out with the NFL football draft coming and they will get even worse as it gets closer.

On 610 Radio this morn, they were talking about what to do with David Carr, who to draft, etc, once again.
A guy calls in and suggests trading Carr to Miami for Ricky Williams (yes, the RB). I thought he had to be kidding but as he made his argument he was dead serious. He said they could then draft QB and solve their both QB and RB problems.

The very next caller suggested trading 5th or 6th round pick for Reggie McNeal and then trading Carr for 5th or 6th round pick to replace the one they gave up for McNeal. In essence trading Carr for McNeal. Best I could tell he was serious also. He said that McNeal would be a project, but there had been all the talk a month or two ago about possibly getting Michael Vick and he felt McNeal was every bit as good as Vick.

Maroon87
02-26-2007, 03:01 PM
Yeah there are some real head cases that call into that station.:doh:

themsu97
02-26-2007, 03:24 PM
they are all insane... drafting Brady Quinn... taking on Jake Plummer... amazing stuff.... Texans are still miles away... I think... heck if Carr could have played just decent in 2 games (Titans) they would have won both of those... no fumble by fullback in home game against Jaguars, a win there... they were very close to being 9-7... they may not be as far away as i think but they do have some holes...

Bull19
02-26-2007, 11:08 PM
THEY NEED TO STICK WITH CARR. IF HOUSTON GETS A GOOD RB AND A SOLID O-LINE I BELIEVE CARR CAN PRODUCE. HE DID HAVE A GOOD QB RATING THIS YEAR AND HE ALREADY HAS A GREAT WR IN A. JOHNSON. HOPEFULLY ADRIAN PETERSON SLIPS INTO THEIR HAND. I THINK HE WOULD BE A GREAT RB TO GET THINGS TURNED AROUND IN HOUSTON WITH.

LH Panther Mom
02-27-2007, 05:40 AM
Ricky Williams??? :crazy1: :crazy: :crazy1:

JasperDog94
02-27-2007, 06:40 AM
Anybody that watched any Texans games this year and says that they are really close knows nothing about football. (IMO) They were terrible.

BTEXDAD
02-27-2007, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
THEY NEED TO STICK WITH CARR. IF HOUSTON GETS A GOOD RB AND A SOLID O-LINE I BELIEVE CARR CAN PRODUCE. HE DID HAVE A GOOD QB RATING THIS YEAR AND HE ALREADY HAS A GREAT WR IN A. JOHNSON. HOPEFULLY ADRIAN PETERSON SLIPS INTO THEIR HAND. I THINK HE WOULD BE A GREAT RB TO GET THINGS TURNED AROUND IN HOUSTON WITH.

They said this morn on radio that at one of the camps/combines Peterson weighed in at 217 and ran sub 4.4 forty. Reggie Bush speed with 20 lbs more weight.
The felt peterson's stock would go up and didn't see him dropping to eighth spot as orginally thought.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-27-2007, 10:35 AM
Long as they get rid of pretty boy david carr, I dont care if they only get a can of CORN for him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

themsu97
02-27-2007, 12:29 PM
well jaspar... that is your opinion... they should have beaten the Titans both times as well as the Jags and those teams are supposed to be clearly better than the Texans...doubt it... not saying that the Texans are good but they are no worse than those two teams... agreed that the Titans and Jags have overall more talent... I think it is a credit to how well Kubiak has done in one year...

Bull19
02-27-2007, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
They said this morn on radio that at one of the camps/combines Peterson weighed in at 217 and ran sub 4.4 forty. Reggie Bush speed with 20 lbs more weight.
The felt peterson's stock would go up and didn't see him dropping to eighth spot as orginally thought.

YEA I DONT SEE HIM SLIPPING TO HOUSTON EITHER ANYMORE AFTER HIS COMBINE, BUT I SURE HOPE HOUSTON TRIES AND GETS AN IMPACT PLAYER NOT ANOTHER LINEMAN OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

Maroon87
02-27-2007, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
they should have beaten the Titans both times as well as the Jags

They did beat the Jags twice...27-7 at home and 13-10 in Jacksonville.

Seriously, though, the Texans calls are still tame compared to what you hear when the Astros are struggling.:eek:

themsu97
02-27-2007, 01:53 PM
I knew that... I guess it did not come out clearly... the Texans need help...O line... lb... secondary...rb... they need help... but some of those needs have to be addressed via free agency and I am sorry to say that just getting rid of Carr is not the end all be all...imo, he is a better option than Rosenfels and Plummer...