PDA

View Full Version : The great Cyclist Jan Ulrich retires from Cycling

Phil C
02-26-2007, 12:01 PM
He was the Tour de France winner before Lance started winning his Tour De France races and was Lance's main competitor. He didn't get to compete last year because of the doping scandle in Spain (in which it later came out that he was completely innocent). He would have been one of the favorites along with Basco who was also innocent. A mess up by the doping testers again. Good luck in retirement Jan! You deserved better.

:(

coach
02-26-2007, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
He was the Tour de France winner before Lance started winning his Tour De France races and was Lance's main competitor. He didn't get to compete last year because of the doping scandle in Spain (in which it later came out that he was completely innocent). He would have been one of the favorites along with Basco who was also innocent. A mess up by the doping testers again. Good luck in retirement Jan! You deserved better.

you never answered my question the other day about the last tour winner....did he ever have to give up his title bc of him taking illegal drugs or whetever they said?

Txbroadcaster
02-26-2007, 12:05 PM

Wow so ALL these dopers in cycling are just victims of circumstance...RIIIGGGHHHHTTTT

BuffyMars
02-26-2007, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Wow so ALL these dopers in cycling are just victims of circumstance...RIIIGGGHHHHTTTT

Hey, if Ralphie's behind can accidentally fall on a syringe full of steroids, "Oooo, how did that get there!?!"

...anything is possible mister! :tongue:

Phil C
02-26-2007, 12:14 PM

SHOW SOME COMPASSION!

Txbroadcaster
02-26-2007, 12:16 PM
SHOW SOME COMPASSION!

Why show compassion for cheaters?

Phil C
02-26-2007, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by coach
you never answered my question the other day about the last tour winner....did he ever have to give up his title bc of him taking illegal drugs or whetever they said?

It hasn't been settled yet.

Phil C
02-26-2007, 12:18 PM
Why show compassion for cheaters?

JUDGE NOT LEST YE BE JUDGED!!!

:mad:

Txbroadcaster
02-26-2007, 12:20 PM
JUDGE NOT LEST YE BE JUDGED!!!

:mad:

How am I judging? They were caught by the rules set forth in their competition.

coach
02-26-2007, 12:29 PM
It hasn't been settled yet.

do u think he will get his victory taken away.... i thought it wass pretty big news but i guess not bc i havent herd from it???

District303aPastPlayer
02-26-2007, 12:38 PM
Ivan Basso retired too?!

Phil C
02-26-2007, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Ivan Basso retired too?!

No but I don't know if he is competing in the Tour de France this year. I assume he is.