PDA

View Full Version : Dumb and Dumber

burnet44
02-26-2007, 09:22 AM
La Marque wants public meeting for 2 finalists

Because of community passion, La Marque superintendent Ecomet Burley is going to let the rest of the community get involved in the search for a new football coach.

“We are going to have a public forum where the finalists come and meet the community,” Burley said. “This is such a big issue and the community takes a lot of pride in the football team. A lot of La Marque’s identity is tied up into the football team. So this public forum will give the public a chance to talk to the two finalists and then give us some feedback.”

luvhoops34
02-26-2007, 09:33 AM
LOL When I saw the subject to your post I thought you were going to say something funny about your pupils....:D

burnet44
02-26-2007, 09:43 AM
the supt went to TECK

Ecomet Burley

Hometown: Lufkin
Football - 1972-75
Three-time All-Southwest Conference (1973-75) defensive lineman
All-America second-team in 1974
Southwest Conference Sophomore of the Year in 1973 when team was 11-1
Most Valuable Lineman in the 1972 Sun Bowl
One of the first Red Raider freshman to letter in football in modern era
Played in the Japan Bowl in 1976
Played six seasons in the Canadian Football League

Maroon87
02-26-2007, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
La Marque wants public meeting for 2 finalists

Because of community passion, La Marque superintendent Ecomet Burley is going to let the rest of the community get involved in the search for a new football coach.

“We are going to have a public forum where the finalists come and meet the community,” Burley said. “This is such a big issue and the community takes a lot of pride in the football team. A lot of La Marque’s identity is tied up into the football team. So this public forum will give the public a chance to talk to the two finalists and then give us some feedback.”

Sounds kinda like American Idol or something.

LH Panther Mom
02-27-2007, 07:46 AM
:doh: :doh: I can hear it now. "Is Little Johnny going to start on varsity? Yes, I know he's only a freshman, 5', 98 lbs....but he's G O O D." :rolleyes:

44INAROW
02-27-2007, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:doh: :doh: I can hear it now. "Is Little Johnny going to start on varsity? Yes, I know he's only a freshman, 5', 98 lbs....but he's G O O D." :rolleyes:

"he started on the 8th grade B team... he was really good"

burnet44
02-27-2007, 09:42 AM
we won the pee wee super bowl in florida
he is getting college offers

Txbroadcaster
02-27-2007, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
we won the pee wee super bowl in florida
he is getting college offers

LOL Greatness