PDA

View Full Version : Sinton could be 0-5, but D has bail them out

SintonFan_inAustin
09-28-2002, 03:30 PM
Sinton has came out flat on all thier 5 games. They come storming in the 2nd half only to go back to playing sloppy just before the 4th quarter. After 5 Games, to me it looks like poor play calling and lack of focus to finish off the game. They come pump every 2nd half only to fade towards the end of the 3rd Qrt. Lets go pirates come out pump and ready to rock in the first half too. oh and how many illegal subsitutions have been called on sinton. Is that lack of coaches getting in the play or the player not sprinting out of their or sprinting to the huddle to get the play in?

sinton66
09-28-2002, 04:21 PM
I'll agree that the offense seems to be coming along slower than most Sinton fans expected. Some of that stems from huge expectations because of last year. This is a different team. The entire offensive line has been replaced. The coaching staff has been trying some new things. They spent almost the entire first half last night in the shotgun trying different things. Guess what I'm saying is we need to be patient and reserve judgement for a while. Bottom line is despite all the odds against them, they are still finding ways to win. You never know exactly what the coaching staff is trying to do in predistrict. They may be simply trying to keep the team from peaking too early. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif

footballgal
09-28-2002, 10:11 PM
That's Ok, like they say "Defense wins championships.."

sinfan75
09-28-2002, 10:28 PM
66 hit the nail on the button!The bottom line is this team 5-0 NOT 0-5!!Remember last years team returned 10 starters on offense.This years team returned 6 with one starter in the line.He's out for the year.So instead of gripin about what's wrong with this team why don't you start supportin them and they might actually surprise your a$$!!!!!!SOME TEAMS FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sinfan75
09-28-2002, 10:32 PM
Oh and one other thing.Sinton beat Orange Grove 46-7.26-7 at the half.That don't seem like they were flat to me.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-29-2002, 11:43 AM
Start supporting them? haha. i believe driving 200 miles to go and see them every friday is not supportive, dont be coming with statements like that. And i know the coaches are working on thier passing game. Its obvious when u see them come out and run that sweep and just take it down the field, but then come back in next series and spread the field with 4 withouts. This team is just as good as last years and it seems they can turn it on when they need to. SinFAn75 calm down and no need to bring in words that u dont want said back to u! :) :)

sinton66
09-29-2002, 11:49 AM
Heh Heh, I think he merely thought he needed to get your attention. Don't take it personally, he's a good guy. Re-read your post, and I think you might see how it could be viewed as a "negative". I'm sure you didn't mean it that way. wink

sinfan75
09-29-2002, 08:02 PM
SintonFan_inAustin:
Start supporting them? haha. i believe driving 200 miles to go and see them every friday is not supportive, dont be coming with statements like that. And i know the coaches are working on thier passing game. Its obvious when u see them come out and run that sweep and just take it down the field, but then come back in next series and spread the field with 4 withouts. This team is just as good as last years and it seems they can turn it on when they need to. SinFAn75 calm down and no need to bring in words that u dont want said back to u! :) :) Sorry bout that SFIA,didn't mean to go blastin off at ya!Guess I was a little out of line.Every now then I screw up get some one mad at me! frown

sinton66
09-29-2002, 08:16 PM
What? YOU ? Get somebody mad at you? I don't believe it! :D

SintonFan
09-29-2002, 09:35 PM
sinton66:
What? YOU ? Get somebody mad at you? I don't believe it! :D Give that man a regular burger...
LOL...
:D :D :D
jus havin some fun

sinton66
09-29-2002, 09:38 PM
SintonFan:

sinton66:
What? YOU ? Get somebody mad at you? I don't believe it! :D Give that man a regular burger...
LOL...
:D :D :D
jus havin some funThat'd teach him, wouldn't it? :D

tigerSville_04
09-30-2002, 01:43 AM
I have to say you Sinton people are the best fans I've seen. I come from a 0-5 team....in my town people dont care or even notice ur team if your getting beat. Defence is the heart and soul of a team. In my little town of Smithville our Defences isnt the best but we give it all we have and our Offence isnt the best and still we give it all we have. On Defence it hurts to give up points.......You know i dont know y im writing this but i do want to say GOOD LUCK SINTON even though u dont know about this lil 3a town Smithville, please wish us luck.......thanx and good luck at state wink

Adidas410s
09-30-2002, 01:49 AM
sinton66:
I'll agree that the offense seems to be coming along slower than most Sinton fans expected. Some of that stems from huge expectations because of last year. This is a different team. The entire offensive line has been replaced. The coaching staff has been trying some new things. They spent almost the entire first half last night in the shotgun trying different things. Guess what I'm saying is we need to be patient and reserve judgement for a while. Bottom line is despite all the odds against them, they are still finding ways to win. You never know exactly what the coaching staff is trying to do in predistrict. They may be simply trying to keep the team from peaking too early. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gifThis sounds a LOT like what we were saying about Wylie last year. The year before we had lost in the finals and there were huge expectations. We had a 3rd year QB and RB and big things were expected. However, the OL had only 1 starter and 1 that played a lot returning and it showed because the offense was inconsistent and above average at best. One thing it sounds like Sinton has going for it though is that your defense is better than Wylie's was last year. Good luck to the Pirates. eek! eek! eek! :p

sinton66
09-30-2002, 06:09 AM
tigerSville_04:
I have to say you Sinton people are the best fans I've seen. I come from a 0-5 team....in my town people dont care or even notice ur team if your getting beat. Defence is the heart and soul of a team. In my little town of Smithville our Defences isnt the best but we give it all we have and our Offence isnt the best and still we give it all we have. On Defence it hurts to give up points.......You know i dont know y im writing this but i do want to say GOOD LUCK SINTON even though u dont know about this lil 3a town Smithville, please wish us luck.......thanx and good luck at state wink Actually, I do know a little about Smithville. I watched your regular season game last year at Bellville. I appreciate your kind thoughts. We also know where you're coming from, we've been there too. As long as you are giving it everything you've got, there is no shame in losing. I will wish you good luck because you deserve it for your efforts. You and your teammates keep your heads held high, and don't let it get you down. :)

tap_tx_sinton
09-30-2002, 08:11 PM
I agree with you all. Sinton fans have to be the best not like i am braggin or anything, seam to me we fill up the stand more than the home teams do. Way to go Sinton fans.