PDA

View Full Version : Change to State Meet needed?

kaorder1999
05-03-2002, 11:53 AM
I just want to get your opinion on this...i look through the lists of State Qualifiers and something jumps out at me...in the mens 200 meter dash, the slowest qualifier has been placed into lane 4. Blanton, the fastest was placed in Lane 6...the next fastet, Franklin, was put in lane 8. If im not mistaken, they draw for lanes right?

It seems like Texas would want to showcase thier best atheltes to make the state look better than other states. Why dont they just go ahead and put the fastest in the normal lane assignments that take place before the state meet? (fastest in 4...so on and so on...)

I know you might be thinking..it really doesnt matter cause the fastest is going to win the race anyways but it DOES play mind tricks on some of these athletes....because they are so fast they are usually constantly running in lanes 3,4, or 5 in every "FINALS" race...now they get in lane 7 or 8 and it plays tricks on them...mentally...

Especially if there is a chance that a major record could be broken....say the North Garland Kid or Forney kid actually had a chance to break the 200 meter record....I say give them the best chance possible...dont put them in Lane 8....

Make Texas look good!!!
kaorder1999