Emerson1
02-24-2007, 04:49 PM
take your dust back

Rabbit'93
02-24-2007, 04:50 PM
no kidding

DU_stud04
02-24-2007, 04:51 PM
hahaha, i was thinking the exact same thing. walked outside to stretch a little bit and it was brown outside....reminded me of home. :) tonights game will be fun with all this wind. i hope we win :)

Emerson1
02-24-2007, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
no kidding
Did your power go out?

Adidas410s
02-24-2007, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Did your power go out?

i sure hope that doesn't happen here...did it happen to you???

Emerson1
02-24-2007, 05:06 PM
Yep, it was out for a couple hours. I remembered though that we had a battery powered TV. Its only a 5.5 inch b/w screen, but it was good enough.

Phantom Stang
02-24-2007, 05:11 PM
All this "brown fog" here in the Metroplex is making me homesick.

NOT!! :p
I don't know of any major power outages here in NE Tarrant CO, other than a few traffic signals being out.

injuredinmelee
02-24-2007, 05:48 PM
You cannot even imagine how bad it is here. I am moving today and this wind is killing me. I had a hold of my queen size box spring and the wind got a hold of it and literally blew me over. Im not a small guy and I say it happened because I wasn't eady I refuse to account it to lack of strength.

Adidas410s
02-24-2007, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
You cannot even imagine how bad it is here. I am moving today and this wind is killing me. I had a hold of my queen size box spring and the wind got a hold of it and literally blew me over. Im not a small guy and I say it happened because I wasn't eady I refuse to account it to lack of strength.

Talked to RMAC and he said he said visibility was less than 1 mile on the Abilene loop...

3afan
02-24-2007, 05:57 PM
i walked my dog - was very tough going into the wind

GetRDoneStangs
02-24-2007, 05:57 PM
Talked to RMAC and he said he said visibility was less than 1 mile on the Abilene loop...

The NWS had visability for us at 1/4 mile for a while around noon.....wind gusts of 60 mph.....

Imjured...if it would have been me carrying that box springs....Adidas and Phontom Stang would have seen me along with that dust in the Metroplex, if you know what I mean!

:D :D :D

crzyjournalist03
02-24-2007, 05:58 PM
Yep, it was out for a couple hours. I remembered though that we had a battery powered TV. Its only a 5.5 inch b/w screen, but it was good enough.

I heard that the Dairy Queen in Forney lost its awning! :eek:

jason
02-24-2007, 06:15 PM
i just drove from forney to stephenville and i stopped in golfsmith in arlington for about an hour and when i came out, it was red dirt everywhere....got worse the farther west i went...

LH Panther Mom
02-24-2007, 06:41 PM
Spent all day out working at our track meet - the dirt and grass blowing in your face while you're trying to watch the starter was fun. :doh:

Tiger Baseball
02-24-2007, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

Thats what ya call a 65 mph ass whooping! :D

GetRDoneStangs
02-24-2007, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball
Thats what ya call a 65 mph ass whooping! :D

:clap: :clap: :clap:

It has calmed down GREATLY.......

Need some help Rick???

GWOOD
02-24-2007, 11:53 PM
Went to Lampasas tournament this weekend and was sure we wouldn't have any West Texas winds like we have had for every scrimmage game. Dang if we didn't play today in the worst wind so far this year right there in Central Texas.

Ranger Mom
02-25-2007, 09:24 AM
take your dust back

Welcome to our world!!

It was absolutely miserable....and of course everything I had planned to get done required me be outside.

DEFINATE ponytail day!!

txkmom
02-25-2007, 09:28 AM
We were in Sulphur Springs for soccer, and then drove(were blown by the wind, actually) to Commerce for the LE/MV girls basketball game. By the time we neared Commerce at about 3:00 yesterday, the sky was brown and visibility very low. I mean, this was in Commerce, folks! Looked like an old, sepia toned photograph for about 2-3 hours. Amazing.

pirate4state
02-25-2007, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
The NWS had visability for us at 1/4 mile for a while around noon.....wind gusts of 60 mph.....

Imjured...if it would have been me carrying that box springs....Adidas and Phontom Stang would have seen me along with that dust in the Metroplex, if you know what I mean!

And your daughter was afraid to go outside for fear of being blown away. :D :D :D I thought she was kidding. LMAO!

It was pretty windy here in So. Texas, but nothing out of the ordinary for us.

burnet44
02-25-2007, 11:12 AM
High winds spur fires, choke air, topple structures

Sunday, February 25, 2007

By Tim Woods

Tribune-Herald staff writer

VALLEY MILLS — Saturday’s high winds qualified as neither tornado nor hurricane, yet lashed Central Texas without mercy, spurring range fires, blowing down highway signs, causing power outages and toppling the 110-year-old stone wall of a small-town grocery store as startled shoppers inside watched.

At one point in the afternoon, officials at Fort Hood — the nation’s largest Army post — were evacuating several families as a precaution after winds whipped a grass fire on post into a frenzy. The fire sent waves of smoke across U.S. Highway 190, hindering traffic.

Throughout the day, the National Weather Service urged property owners in Central Texas to use extreme caution and refrain from burning anything because of low humidity and dry vegetation.

The high winds finished off the day by churning the air with dust, turning the dusk sky a gray-rosy hue and leaving Central Texans with the gritty taste of dust between their teeth.

Anyone underestimating the strength of Saturday’s winds — at one point gusting up to 55 mph — had only to visit Valley Mills, the Bosque County town of 1,200, where the stone wall of Wiethorn Family Foods, complete with historic facade, was blown down at about 12:30 p.m.

The wall collapsed onto State Highway 6, forcing law enforcement officials to detour traffic around town and leaving the store’s owner and city officials worried the roof might be next to go.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/02-07/0224dustellum2.jpghttp://img.coxnewsweb.com/C/09/79/50/image_5150799.jpg

GetRDoneStangs
02-25-2007, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
And your daughter was afraid to go outside for fear of being blown away. :D :D :D I thought she was kidding. LMAO!

It was pretty windy here in So. Texas, but nothing out of the ordinary for us.

Well, if it blew Injured down..........if must have been tough!.......I can just see stangGirl catching a gust!

Today is just Beautiful!:D ..I guess I have no excuse to do some "clean up" after the storm....:mad: :mad:

DaHop72
02-25-2007, 10:12 PM
Highway 84 between Post and Lubbock was shutdown for about 1 1/2 Sat. due to the dust.

RMAC
02-25-2007, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Highway 84 between Post and Lubbock was shutdown for about 1 1/2 Sat. due to the dust.

Well I guess it's a good thing me and the boys decided on a whim to go to Angelo instead of back up to Lubbock. I would've been pissed if we would've had to sit there and wait for it to clear.

DaHop72
02-25-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Well I guess it's a good thing me and the boys decided on a whim to go to Angelo instead of back up to Lubbock. I would've been pissed if we would've had to sit there and wait for it to clear. Gee, think about the good time you guys would have had touring the sights of Post.:D :D :D :D

RMAC
02-25-2007, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Gee, think about the good time you guys would have had touring the sights of Post.:D :D :D :D

Haha, yeah. We woke up Saturday with no money and no clothes for another day, but we just said screw it and went. Had a really fun time seeing my friends from high school.

mustang04
02-25-2007, 11:13 PM
yall should have tried spending alllll day outside building barbed wire fence yesterday.....starting from digging holes w/ the post-hole digger, then putting in the cross-ties, then tamping all the posts...then doing the actual fencing....i was CAKED in dirt:(