PDA

View Full Version : Girls: Diboll 65 Orangefield 58 in OT

mistanice
02-24-2007, 01:17 AM
Diboll will play district rival Crockett for the Region III Championship at 1pm at Sam Houston State. Nice to know District 20-3a will be represented at the state tournament. Crockett thumped WOS tonight 74-42.

In district play, Diboll defeated Crockett twice.

tortilla_man
02-24-2007, 10:32 AM
Im the sound guy @ johnson colesium, that was one of the best girls games i have watched ever, i will give props to orangefield their fan section had their cheers down!

mistanice
02-24-2007, 11:19 AM
Yeah that was an incredible game, I will be making the drive down to the game today as well. Keep the sound going! :D

Cat22
02-24-2007, 03:07 PM
That was a good game, but getting there and losing two years in a row leaves a bad taste in your mouth. I'm proud of our girls, we got down early, but never gave up. Congrats to Diboll on the win. Keep your heads high Lady Bobacts!!

tortilla_man
02-24-2007, 05:10 PM
crocket advanced to the state tournment winning in OT dont remeber exact score

mistanice
02-24-2007, 07:46 PM
Another crazy game, Diboll was down 2 with 1.2 seconds left and after a long lob, diboll ties the game to take it to overtime. Diboll loses in OT.

Diboll should be back to the tournament, they are only graduating 1 starter.

eagles_victory
02-25-2007, 12:10 AM
Crockett had the benefit of some generous officiating to barely beat our girls so needless to say im not to happy there going to state

tortilla_man
02-25-2007, 02:02 AM
Diboll will be pretty amazing next year, only 2 seniors on the team and only one started, Diboll would have one had 54 not fouled amazing player, she needs to get in her mind that she can't block everything, alot of her fouls were on attempted shot blocks were she did not get the ball. good job to all 4 teams great athletes and very good games, better then any of the SHSU girl games ive watched all year!

88bobcats
02-25-2007, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Crockett had the benefit of some generous officiating to barely beat our girls so needless to say im not to happy there going to state

The same can be said about Diboll's win over Orangefield.

Three Diboll players and five Orangefield players fouled out. Playoff officiating should be the best, especially when you get to the regional tournaments. This year's Region III officiating has to be some of the worst ever!

At this point, it looks to me like Canyon's going to win the whole thing......

mistanice
02-25-2007, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by tortilla_man
Diboll will be pretty amazing next year, only 2 seniors on the team and only one started, Diboll would have one had 54 not fouled amazing player, she needs to get in her mind that she can't block everything, alot of her fouls were on attempted shot blocks were she did not get the ball. good job to all 4 teams great athletes and very good games, better then any of the SHSU girl games ive watched all year!

Amazing that she is only 15 years old. 2 more years to play, and hopefully she can have her education paid for.

eagles_victory
02-25-2007, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
The same can be said about Diboll's win over Orangefield.

Three Diboll players and five Orangefield players fouled out. Playoff officiating should be the best, especially when you get to the regional tournaments. This year's Region III officiating has to be some of the worst ever!

At this point, it looks to me like Canyon's going to win the whole thing...... Crockett was called for 5 fouls the whole game and then the officials were spotted talking to parents of Crockett players after the game... i wasnt there but everyone who saw the game and the radio guys said it was horrible

pirate4state
02-25-2007, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
At this point, it looks to me like Canyon's going to win the whole thing......

I expect a Canyon/TLE final. That should be a GOOD game. IF you like basketball. ;)

mistanice
02-25-2007, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by tortilla_man

How about the shot to send the game into OT? it was crazy, I was sure the game was pretty much over after she made those 2 free throws.