PDA

View Full Version : SintonFan product tester: Product for week of Feb. 18-24 2007

SintonFan
02-23-2007, 10:45 PM
This week(month) I have had the pleasure of testing a new sofa sectional from Rooms To Go. The product is the new Claude Home Theatre Reclining Sectional! Before I add more let me say this item is a great buy for it's price, but more on that later:)(sorry for the less than professional image as the company doesn't have this product on it's website yet so this had to be scanned.)
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/5562/rtg1po6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Where do I start with this ultra configurable sectional? First it has 5 pieces, so that means both end recliners, the middle corner consoles(with built in storage space and drink holders) and armless love seat can be separated! Look at the whole sectional and let your imagination fly. Some options we've found out which are viable include tying the two end recliners together and making a dual reclining love seat, with having the actual love seat boxed by the two corner consoles to dramatic effect for a medium sized living room.:clap: Since there are 25 possible combinations for a 5 piece set form AND function can be had here! Some ideas might not work for you but one of them will, no doubt. Sweet!
Since my better half doesn't care for leather but I do, this reclining sectional is a marvel for pleasing both of us. It is a sued-ed microfiber so it feels like suede but is actually microfiber. This means spills are less of a concern if you have small ones still around as we all do. Even if your bungling husband happens to spill beer after an eventful evening of watching football you can be
assured that spills or stains will quickly
disappear with but a handful of paper towels. That's enough for me. lol The fabric feels just like suede but isn't hot like leathers are. It's as smooth as a baby cow's butt, and smells better too!
The construction is pretty dang durable(more on that later, of course) and was superior to some of the places we visited.
This sectional is a must for anyone who wants a quality quasi-theatre style sectional as it is very very configurable for those who have a medium to large sized room who enjoy watching movies with their family. We have actually fit 6 on this set watching a movie last week(2 adults on the ends and 4 kids aged 2-9 in the middle). For the price(under $1200) and the warranty, this is a great deal. The only downside is that it can a bit small if you entertain large parties at home. It's made for 4 adults but we've found that the little ones love to sit on the console wedges so you can actually seat more than it was designed for. If you have the room for this and have(or plan to buy) a love seat then you have all the seating you need for almost any occasion.
All in all, I'll give this product a 3 out of 4 for it's feel, functionality and fantastic sued-ed fabric. I'd definitely consider this sectional if you have the room and are in the market for something nice and just a little different.:) :) :)

Emerson1
02-23-2007, 10:48 PM
Why do these people have their couch pointing away from the tv?

SintonFan
02-23-2007, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Maybe they are "Branch Davidians"?
I don't know why...:confused:
The pic was from an ad. lol
Did you actually read the review?:p

SintonFan
02-23-2007, 11:56 PM
They truly like each other as you can see.:D

DU_stud04
02-24-2007, 04:41 AM
Why do these people have their couch pointing away from the tv? :clap: :clap: :clap:

Blastoderm55
02-24-2007, 11:21 AM
Did they offer the Teflon fabric protection? Microfiber is easier to clean than any other fabric, but red is red if not treated immediately. Do NOT treat it with ScotchGuard. Gentle soap and water will keep your schwag looking good for years.

44INAROW
02-24-2007, 03:41 PM
Durable is good....... pretty and fancy is OK for about 2 weeks - but durable is most important to me :)

SintonFan
02-25-2007, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Did they offer the Teflon fabric protection? Microfiber is easier to clean than any other fabric, but red is red if not treated immediately. Do NOT treat it with ScotchGuard. Gentle soap and water will keep your schwag looking good for years.
Yes, we purchased the optional teflon protection(which added some cost). This extended our stain warranty to 5 years. If they can't clean it they'll replace it.:cool:
44, I'm a big time chair flopper and with the pieces tied together nothing budges. That says a lot on the weight of this set. It seems pretty durable. I'll post again if there are any problems.:)

SintonFan_inAustin
02-25-2007, 03:17 PM

that is not a tv, its lighted display that shows Fish swimming. i have one its if u want a fake aquarium.:) or it sure looks like a fake picture on that TV display. oh great sofas u have selected there SintonFan:thumbsup: