PDA

View Full Version : WP-Roosevelt hoops

3afan
02-23-2007, 10:44 PM
saw Roosevelt dismantle Wills Point tonight by about 30 ... WP has some whiney fans

Emerson1
02-23-2007, 10:49 PM
One guy reminded us of PhilC

JR2004
02-23-2007, 11:19 PM
Back-to-back state championships on the way for Velt. Only team left in the region, and the state for that matter, that can stop that from happening is Ranchview.

Wills Point coach is pretty entertaining to watch whether they're winning or losing.

JR2004
02-24-2007, 12:30 AM
You know I'll amend that last message. I'll add one team to go along with Ranchview as being the only two teams in the entire playoff bracket that can derail Roosevelt from getting back-to-back titles. That'd be Kennedale who they'll play on Tuesday.

3afan
02-24-2007, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Back-to-back state championships on the way for Velt. Only team left in the region, and the state for that matter, that can stop that from happening is Ranchview.

Wills Point coach is pretty entertaining to watch whether they're winning or losing. roosevelt didnt look great - but their quickness and athletic ability eventually wore wp down - wp looked like they were scared to shoot and they missed way too many freethrows

JR2004
02-24-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
roosevelt didnt look great - but their quickness and athletic ability eventually wore wp down - wp looked like they were scared to shoot and they missed way too many freethrows

Well that's the thing. When you have a team with their depth and athletic ability you can get by on that a lot of the time against 3A competition. Velt's 10 man rotation just flat out wears most teams out. The way to beat them, in my opinion, is to play them the way Madison played them. If you turn the game into a fast paced ballgame you can beat them. They're one of the few DISD teams that plays better in the halfcourt than in the fullcourt.

I think it'll be interesting to see what Kennedale tries on Tuesday. Kennedale definitely won't be intimidated by them as they already beat a similar team from Samuell who was a co-champ in Lincoln's district.

Matthew328
02-24-2007, 12:48 PM
Roosevelt reminds me of the 2002 Everman team...at times they didn't look great in the season and playoffs but their sheer athleticism and depth just wore out 3A teams....

kaorder1999
02-24-2007, 01:57 PM
yeah...wills point can whine! Their coach is a goof ball

eagles_victory
02-24-2007, 02:12 PM
You know I'll amend that last message. I'll add one team to go along with Ranchview as being the only two teams in the entire playoff bracket that can derail Roosevelt from getting back-to-back titles. That'd be Kennedale who they'll play on Tuesday. talk about a dallas area bias :rolleyes:

JR2004
02-24-2007, 02:33 PM
No bias...Regions I and IV haven't been a factor down in Austin for more than a decade. For folks who think that might be a bias, the results down in Austin since 1996 speak for themselves when it comes to those regions. Region IV has had exactly ONE team win a game down there since Sinton won it all in 96 against Graham. That win came against a Region 1 school when West Oso beat Dimmitt in the ugliest game I've ever seen down there(45-21).

Roosevelt is probably going to be moving back up next realignment(unless some numbers get fudged), BUT Pinkston is probably moving back down and Lincoln isn't too far around the corner from being a 3A school. Y'all region III folks should be thanking the Good Lord that the people at Wheatley want to stay in 4A and haven't yet decided to move down to 3A to play basketball. Good luck to everyone in 3A if Lincoln and Wheatley ever decide to drop down.

eagles_victory
02-24-2007, 02:52 PM
No bias...Regions I and IV haven't been a factor down in Austin for more than a decade. For folks who think that might be a bias, the results down in Austin since 1996 speak for themselves when it comes to those regions. Region IV has had exactly ONE team win a game down there since Sinton won it all in 96 against Graham. That win came against a Region 1 school when West Oso beat Dimmitt in the ugliest game I've ever seen down there(45-21).

Roosevelt is probably going to be moving back up next realignment(unless some numbers get fudged), BUT Pinkston is probably moving back down and Lincoln isn't too far around the corner from being a 3A school. Y'all region III folks should be thanking the Good Lord that the people at Wheatley want to stay in 4A and haven't yet decided to move down to 3A to play basketball. Good luck to everyone in 3A if Lincoln and Wheatley ever decide to drop down.

Mexia blew the doors off that West oso team in the state finals that year. Im just saying if Brody Greene stays healthy im not sure if Roosevelt would of made it to state last year