PDA

View Full Version : Girls: TLE 63 Kennedale 53

kepdawg
02-23-2007, 09:00 PM
TLE plays the winner of Princeton and Mount Vernon.

pirate4state
02-23-2007, 09:50 PM
Guess they shut that one girl down. GO TLE GO!!! :clap: :clap:

garageoffice
02-24-2007, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Guess they shut that one girl down. GO TLE GO!!! :clap: :clap:

I was at the game. Story of the night was the first half. Kennedale's Mahnesmith got several good looks, but rushed every shot in the first half. She missed several shots that she would normally make, including 4 free throws. She just didn't play a good game at all.

I certainly don't mean to take anything away from LE. Congratulations to them for playing a great game, but they really didn't shut her down. She got some very good looks, but just couldn't hit them. Kennedale actually made up a 24-12 first period deficit to lead by three at the end of the third period, but in the fourth, LE's depth started to show. Kennedale really isn't able to sub much with the bench they have and started to show the wear.

Congrats LE! Go get 'em tomorrow night and on to Austin!

txkmom
02-24-2007, 01:08 AM
I was really proud of our LE girls. What a tremendous loss with Teresa Houff's knee injury at the very beginning of the game! Yet they hung in there and persevered, even after losing the early lead and having to fight it out to the end. Our players are scripted to rotate in fast and furiously all season, in an infinite variety of looks, playing different positions depending on what individuals are in. It's wild, but it works. Not trying to be negative, but Mahnesmith was not the factor I expected, for whatever reason. I saw her play last year, and was very impressed. I am not positive, but I read on another site that MV beat Princeton 49-40. So 16-3A's 1st and 2nd place teams will be meeting for the third time this season. LE won both the previous matchups, but playoffs are a whole new ballgame.

pirate4state
02-24-2007, 10:18 AM
Every athlete is prone to have "off/bad nights" it's too bad they have to come at all, but especially tough when they come in "must win" games.

Good season Kennedale.

Good Luck TLE!!!

Sftball4Life
02-24-2007, 12:35 PM
What a tremendous display of heart last night! Words can't say how proud I am of our girls.

We lost our point guard inside the first minute of the game. We lost our leading rebounder early in the 3rd quarter. Matt said she felt really nervous after losing those 2 - but it never showed. She was a FANTASTIC leader on the floor. It looked like the odds were really stacking up against them - and every single one of them refused to go down. It took the whole team and the whole team responded.

They need to come with everything they've got today. Mt. Vernon will be ready and we need to bring it to them harder than we ever have before.

LET'S GO LADY LEOPARDS!!!