PDA

View Full Version : Sinton Fans Any Word On Head Coach?

maroonpirate04
02-23-2007, 04:36 PM
I just hope they make a wise decision and pick someone who has had playoff experience success that had a deep run for the state title. Someone who can connect with community and the students at SHS. A person who is willing to lead our ship on a great journey for the rest of this decade and not sink our ship:( :eek: Sinton has come a long way in keeping a playoff a success since 1998 when Class 3A was broken in two divisons. They worked too hard in avoiding a playoff drought. To let it slip away easily.

pirate44
02-23-2007, 04:39 PM
word is from an inside source, Steve Patz is top of the list

piratebg
02-23-2007, 04:39 PM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for maybe one of the old Davis assistants or maybe even a Hesseltine. Does anyone have any names on applicants?

piratebg
02-23-2007, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
word is from an inside source, Steve Patz is top of the list

Who is Steve Patz?

maroonpirate04
02-23-2007, 04:41 PM
Wasn't Patz here in late 80's before Davenport

pirate44
02-23-2007, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by maroonpirate04
Wasn't Patz here in late 80's before Davenport
for 1 year

piratebg
02-23-2007, 04:56 PM
Well that was before my time. I didn't move to Sinton until about 92-93. Before then, I wore blue and gold.

pirate44
02-23-2007, 04:59 PM
Patz was an inspirational coach. a one-of-a-kind. he took Sinton to levels never seen before or since

Phil C
02-23-2007, 05:01 PM
Patz was an inspirational coach. a one-of-a-kind. he took Sinton to levels never seen before or since

Where is he now?

Buccaneer
02-23-2007, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Who is Steve Patz?
Did he come here from Mathis?

SintonFan_inAustin
02-23-2007, 07:12 PM
where is he coaching now or is he not coaching at the moment?

piratebg
02-23-2007, 07:14 PM
Where has he been coaching for the last 15-20 years? What is his favorite color? Does he wear boxers or briefs?

SintonFan_inAustin
02-23-2007, 07:30 PM
Where has he been coaching for the last 15-20 years? What is his favorite color? Does he wear boxers or briefs? u left out does he like to win;)

piratebg
02-23-2007, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
u left out does he like to win;)

Everyone else seemed to have a question. I just don't like being left out. :D

OnceABucJr
02-23-2007, 08:51 PM
Saw on Mack the Hack's 6 o'clock sports that Chris Jones didn't make the cut from 5 to 2 Finalists at La Marque. Sure wish he would apply but not sure if he would after they passed over him for Mitchell back when Davis left. I can still hope though!

Vrabird
02-24-2007, 12:49 AM
What was Patz's record on Sinton? Don't remember him.

SintonFan
02-24-2007, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Vrabird
What was Patz's record on Sinton? Don't remember him.
lol
Maybe his name wasn't Stan D. Patz, who I remember.:doh:

maroonpirate04
02-24-2007, 12:57 AM
If i'm correct he was here my senior year in the fall of '88 that year the Pirates went 2-8 but actually 2-7 one game was canceled due to Hurricane Gilbert, Would've played Calallen that game . Then Davenport came in the spring of '89 and lead the Pirates to 4-6 and in '90 he made history for Sinton to return to the State Semifinals

Vrabird
02-24-2007, 01:08 AM
So what is SO GOOD about 2-7?????

maroonpirate04
02-24-2007, 01:27 AM
Not even, I remember that year our returning players had suffered injuries. Basically our good players were out for the season. After making the playoffs from '85-'87. Under Head Coach Jim Taylor. Which he moved to Corpus Christi Carroll, Then Patz replaced Taylor in '88

coachingislife
02-24-2007, 03:38 AM
word is from an inside source, Steve Patz is top of the list You should be shot for even mentioning that name. Just kidding. For those that did not figure it out, 44 was being sarcastic. Sinton decided to hire Coach Patz to replace the success of Coach Taylor (who by the way stepped down for personal reasons.) He told the team he was getting out of coaching for good. Shows how hard it is to get out of something you love so much as he was back in it after a 1 year break then went to King HS) Coach Patz came from Mathis the previous year with a stellar 3-7 record. It was not a good situation, but most of the team stuck with it all year.

SintonFan_inAustin
02-24-2007, 09:06 AM
anybody remember coach Mike Crowe he had hardest offseason program between him and coach jim taylor. coach crowe turn things around for sinton and he did it while sinton was 4a.

pirate44
02-24-2007, 09:56 AM
ROFLMPWBO....you guys are so gullible. good catch coachingislife;)

pirate4state
02-24-2007, 10:08 AM
anybody remember coach Mike Crowe he had hardest offseason program between him and coach jim taylor. coach crowe turn things around for sinton and he did it while sinton was 4a. Coach Crowe, Taylor, Westfall, et al those were some of my favorite coaches. Coach Westfall was a hoot in class. :D

pirate44
02-26-2007, 10:48 AM
by the way, ive posted this before, but here is where former coach Patz is at now. Superintendant in WI. here is his little page with his education history, including his study at University of Texas - Kingsville
Steve Patz (http://www.chilton.k12.wi.us/staffinfo/profile.asp?id=patzs)

Adidas410s
02-26-2007, 10:53 AM
by the way, ive posted this before, but here is where former coach Patz is at now. Superintendant in WI. here is his little page with his education history, including his study at University of Texas - Kingsville
Steve Patz (http://www.chilton.k12.wi.us/staffinfo/profile.asp?id=patzs)

I wonder if b44 knows him...

I've never heard of that UT-Kingsville place ;)

Hannibal
02-26-2007, 11:00 AM
anybody remember coach Mike Crowe he had hardest offseason program between him and coach jim taylor. coach crowe turn things around for sinton and he did it while sinton was 4a.

Did my student teaching under Coach Crowe when he was at Flour Bluff. He is a great guy and started the turnaround for the FB program.

He isn't coaching anymore, just teaching.

Sinton94
02-26-2007, 01:21 PM
A friend of a father of a friend of a mother of a friend of a brother of a friend of a sister of a friend of a cousin's girlfriend's boyfriend said he knew who the new AD would be, but could not give his name or his source, since the school board was still in closed session. He/she did say that they hoped to have the position filled by August 15th, but could make no promises.

Phil C
02-26-2007, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Hannibal
Did my student teaching under Coach Crowe when he was at Flour Bluff. He is a great guy and started the turnaround for the FB program.

He isn't coaching anymore, just teaching.

I am sure he is a great teacher.

pirate4state
02-26-2007, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Sinton94
A friend of a father of a friend of a mother of a friend of a brother of a friend of a sister of a friend of a cousin's girlfriend's boyfriend said he knew who the new AD would be, but could not give his name or his source, since the school board was still in closed session. He/she did say that they hoped to have the position filled by August 15th, but could make no promises. LMAO!

Phil C
02-26-2007, 02:33 PM
I want the new coach to be announced by March 6.

Phil C
02-26-2007, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I want the new coach to be announced by March 6.

On second thought make it March 16th.

maroonpirate04
02-26-2007, 03:03 PM
Like I said the school district better make a wise choice, if not I guess they can expect alot of angry fans and tickets sales will drop. :( Our reputation is on the line.

maroonpunt
02-26-2007, 03:58 PM
this late in the year not much out there for a wise choice, better get the best one that can fit our people here. i think who ever will come in and rejuvinate the players and the coaches and the community....and i think tickets will still sell because true fans will come in flocks.....maybe even someone from within would be a good choice to keep the flow of things...

piratebg
02-28-2007, 09:27 AM
So have any names been mentioned yet? Any new rumors? :confused:

SINTON81
02-28-2007, 09:33 AM
So have any names been mentioned yet? Any new rumors? :confused: At this point in time I'll be happy with rumors.

pirate4state
02-28-2007, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by SINTON81
At this point in time I'll be happy with rumors.

Do you want me to make something up? Cause I can & I will. :D

kaorder1999
02-28-2007, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by maroonpirate04
Like I said the school district better make a wise choice, if not I guess they can expect alot of angry fans and tickets sales will drop. :( Our reputation is on the line.

good luck with that. Though it doesnt seem like it, your last head coach left pretty late. There will be a lot of unproven coord's apply for the Sinton job but wouldnt expect many proven head coaches or athletic directors apply. I can also bet you that whatever decision the admin makes they are not taking ticket sales into consideration. They have to hire the best person for not only the football program but the overall program. Look for someone close to retirement or someone very young to get this one. Cant picture anyone at a proven program as a head coach to leave theirs to go to Sinton.

pirate44
02-28-2007, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Do you want me to make something up? Cause I can & I will. :D
I tried that. nobody has a sense of humor, or a half decent memory

pirate4state
02-28-2007, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
good luck with that. Though it doesnt seem like it, your last head coach left pretty late. There will be a lot of unproven coord's apply for the Sinton job but wouldnt expect many proven head coaches or athletic directors apply. I can also bet you that whatever decision the admin makes they are not taking ticket sales into consideration. They have to hire the best person for not only the football program but the overall program. Look for someone close to retirement or someone very young to get this one. Cant picture anyone at a proven program as a head coach to leave theirs to go to Sinton. I agree and hope you're right, but I know of 3 "proven program" head coaches that have already applied. Now, whether or not they are really serious or just trying to get more $$ from their current ISD is another story.

kaorder1999
02-28-2007, 09:54 AM
i was referring back to this comment actually about being proven...

I just hope they make a wise decision and pick someone who has had playoff experience success that had a deep run for the state title.

pirate4state
02-28-2007, 09:55 AM
i was referring back to this comment actually about being proven... What I said still applies. :)

kaorder1999
02-28-2007, 09:57 AM
how do you know who applied? If the school distict is letting these names out then that is rediculous....that will keep then from getting someone good. They will eventually take their names out of the running if that is the case.....or are you just going by hearsay?

pirate4state
02-28-2007, 10:00 AM
how do you know who applied? If the school distict is letting these names out then that is rediculous....that will keep then from getting someone good. They will eventually take their names out of the running if that is the case.....or are you just going by hearsay?

I think this is one of those times where I should probably shut up :thinking:

I'll probably change my mind later. :devil: I like to piss people off. :evillol: :evillol:

Phil C
02-28-2007, 10:04 AM

SHHHHHHHHHH!! ARE YOU ALL TRYING TO RUIN MY CHANCES FOR GETTING THAT JOB!!

:mad:

:) ;) :D

kaorder1999
02-28-2007, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
SHHHHHHHHHH!! ARE YOU ALL TRYING TO RUIN MY CHANCES FOR GETTING THAT JOB!!

:mad:

:) ;) :D

:clap: :clap:

SINTON81
02-28-2007, 11:27 AM
Thats because she had connections. Right pirate? Come on pirate give me some goods. At least pm me with some news.:( :(

pirate44
02-28-2007, 11:33 AM
i heard the Def. Coord. from Calallen and the O-line from Calallen have applied.

Blastoderm55
02-28-2007, 11:36 AM
Hamilton from Cal applied for the Kingsville job but got passed over by that noob from Huffman-Hargrove. He'd be a great catch for Sinton.

pirate4state
02-28-2007, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by SINTON81
Thats because she had connections. Right pirate? Come on pirate give me some goods. At least pm me with some news.:( :(

You got it!! I can't believe YOU haven't heard anything yet. You been hiding??

SINTON81
02-28-2007, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
You got it!! I can't believe YOU haven't heard anything yet. You been hiding?? Been out of the loop? Come on, I won't say anything.:( :(

Gobbla2001
02-28-2007, 12:18 PM
i heard the Def. Coord. from Calallen and the O-line from Calallen have applied.

like, the WHOLE offensive-line, or just their coach?

:p

pirate44
02-28-2007, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
like, the WHOLE offensive-line, or just their coach?

whoops..just the o-line coach. sorry bout that. i can see where thered be people thinking i meant the entire o-line. :p

Gobbla2001
02-28-2007, 12:22 PM
whoops..just the o-line coach. sorry bout that. i can see where thered be people thinking i meant the entire o-line. :p

I was just messin' with you...

wasn't it you who told me that the linebackers from Calallen were applying for the job?

SINTON81
02-28-2007, 12:24 PM
whoops..just the o-line coach. sorry bout that. i can see where thered be people thinking i meant the entire o-line. :p Well you have to remember, we did struggle with the o-line this past season.:D :D

pirate44
02-28-2007, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I was just messin' with you...

wasn't it you who told me that the linebackers from Calallen were applying for the job?
LOL..i know.