PDA

View Full Version : Ku Klux Klan planning rally in Stephenville, Texas

jason
02-23-2007, 01:04 PM
It was published in our school paper that the Ku Klux Klan is planning to have a rally at the courthouse here in Stephenville on March 17th.

I'll try to find a digital copy of the story.
Members of the organization were spotted on campus last week hanging fliers and passing out fliers to students.

Opinions??

Try to keep it civil please...

smustangs
02-23-2007, 01:06 PM
I think its ridiculous but you kind of had to expect after the MLK incident that made the national media. I think thats the last thing this town needs is another racial slander to happen right now.

jason
02-23-2007, 01:08 PM
i tend to agree...i wish the new edition of the jtac was online so i could post the article...it makes some good points and dean jergins clears up a few questions...

piratebg
02-23-2007, 01:08 PM
I saw these nuts in Austin back when I was a kid. I don't know why these guys are still around.

Gobbla2001
02-23-2007, 01:09 PM
if the black panthers or the KKK were ever to roll through here I'd go and watch, just to see it, learn something...

BuffyMars
02-23-2007, 01:09 PM
My opinion, in as few words as possible (withought making my headache worse...)

:foul::foul::foul:

And that's all I've got to say about that...

jason
02-23-2007, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
if the black panthers or the KKK were ever to roll through here I'd go and watch, just to see it, learn something... i was sorta thinking the same thing...its not too often the kkk comes to town...i just hope it stays civil and non-violent

Blastoderm55
02-23-2007, 01:10 PM
Me too, Gobbla.

smustangs
02-23-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by jason
i tend to agree...i wish the new edition of the jtac was online so i could post the article...it makes some good points and dean jergins clears up a few questions...

Ya i read it this morning to. The old jtac is online but the newer ones arnt kind of strange. This could be a very bad thing for Stpehenville. I just hope it dosent get out of hand down here.

smustangs
02-23-2007, 01:12 PM
if the black panthers or the KKK were ever to roll through here I'd go and watch, just to see it, learn something...

I'll prolly drive by or something just to see whats going on but not stop or anything.

theyoefnshow
02-23-2007, 01:12 PM
what happened on MLK day?

Gobbla2001
02-23-2007, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow

some parades

smustangs
02-23-2007, 01:13 PM

Some people had a party and dressed up in stereotypical black clothes and had sayings like "I love chicken" on their shirts and posted pictures online. Then the Tarleton NAACP and other students contacted authorities and stuff and then a university investigation and stuff took place. With unity rallies and all that afterwards.

jason
02-23-2007, 01:14 PM
what happened on MLK day? there was a MLK party thrown off campus where students were dressed like african-american stereotypes, and then published the pictures on facebook.com - the pics got out, and offended some people - and before we knew it we had national media coverage - the negative kind that nobody wants

Gobbla2001
02-23-2007, 01:15 PM
there was a MLK party thrown off campus where students were dressed like african-american stereotypes, and then published the pictures on facebook.com - the pics got out, and offended some people - and before we knew it we had national media coverage - the negative kind that nobody wants

who were you dressed like, jason?

jason
02-23-2007, 01:15 PM
who were you dressed like, jason? for the record i did NOT attend the party

but i would have dressed like tiger woods :D

smustangs
02-23-2007, 01:16 PM
Needless to say it has been a hot topic on campus and I think most people are getting tired of reading and hearing about it.

Gobbla2001
for the record i did NOT attend the party

but i would have dressed like tiger woods :D

haha

around MLK day, I'd say that's a pretty messed up party...

jason
Originally posted by smustangs
Needless to say it has been a hot topic on campus and I think most people are getting tired of reading and hearing about it. i agree....

IN MY OPINION - it was a non-issue turned into an issue and just needs to go away...the rally is definitely not going to help....

theyoefnshow
02-23-2007, 01:17 PM
but it was off campus. So much for that "free speech" thing. Besides...what constitutes "dressing black?" Hell...I see beaners and crackers doing that every day.....so what if they put it online? I love watermelon. And chicken. And I'll put a sign up that says so! Damnit.

jason
02-23-2007, 01:17 PM
haha

around MLK day, I'd say that's a pretty messed up party... thats the thing, it was ON MLK day, and meant to be in honor of him - but people took it the wrong way and all hell broke loose

jason
02-23-2007, 01:18 PM
but it was off campus. So much for that "free speech" thing. Besides...what constitutes "dressing black?" Hell...I see beaners and crackers doing that every day.....so what if they put it online? I love watermelon. And chicken. And I'll put a sign up that says so! Damnit. there was one girl dressed as aunt jemima

smustangs
02-23-2007, 01:18 PM
i agree....

IN MY OPINION - it was a non-issue turned into an issue and just needs to go away...the rally is definitely not going to help....

I agree. Yes it was probably a dumb decision to have post the pictures or have the party iun the first place. However, i believe it was blown way out of perportion. i am personally very tired of hearing and reading about it and wish it would just die down but like u said jason this rally will only worsen the situation

theyoefnshow
02-23-2007, 01:20 PM
there was one girl dressed as aunt jemima

so....? But if that's the case, why didn't anyone get upset with the movie White Chicks?? THAT was bad. Or what about the flick where Tom Cruise was a black guy?? (I think it was him)

smustangs
02-23-2007, 01:21 PM
in the paper today a guy made a good point that it was off campus no one was hurt and it was after university hours. So if the university has right to pursue acitons against those students for the party were does there right to search my apartment or bust anyone else for anything they chose stop? they have no right off campus like and it wasnt sponsored by a campus organization so they have no jurisdicition i would think but who knows.

Gobbla2001
02-23-2007, 01:23 PM
so....? But if that's the case, why didn't anyone get upset with the movie White Chicks??

White people are not the minority...

theyoefnshow
02-23-2007, 01:24 PM
give yourself a few years. We're taking over ;)

zeus63
02-23-2007, 01:28 PM
White people are not the minority...

Depends on what part of the country you are talking about. There are a lot of places in the southwest now where whites are the minority. Not that that really matters. If he people in the KKK are narrow-minded enough to believe that they are better than eveyrone else, that's fine. They are the one's that are the minority and don't really matter.

Emerson1
02-23-2007, 01:42 PM
March 17th is during my spring break. We can go to a kevin fowler concert then to the KKK rally.

Gobbla2001
02-23-2007, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
March 17th is during my spring break. We can go to a kevin fowler concert then to the KKK rally.

what a fun-filled evening

you should take a date... pop up a card-table with some candles and roses...

smustangs
02-23-2007, 01:47 PM
what a fun-filled evening

you should take a date... pop up a card-table with some candles and roses...

haha sounds like a good idea to me

Bullaholic
02-23-2007, 01:52 PM
You treat this thing just like when the carnival comes to town---it's a sideshow.

I, in no way, support the KKK or advocate their causes, but believe it or not, it is said in stories that there were some admirable things advocated by the KKK years ago. It is said that if the KKK found out about a man who beat his wife or abused his children, they would pay him a visit and advise him to "amend" his ways, or they would give him an "attitude adjustment" with some ax handles. Now the "spirit" of those type of vigilante things do appeal to me in a fanciful way .

Funk-d-fied
02-23-2007, 01:57 PM
They had one here in Midland about a year ago, they posted flyers everywhere asking for 'white" supporters to show up. It ended being about 12 KKK members and about 300 people showing up to protest their very being, It was funny to see just how idiotic these people really are. It is a disgrace.

smustangs
02-23-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
They had one here in Midland about a year ago, they posted flyers everywhere asking for 'white" supporters to show up. It ended being about 12 KKK members and about 300 people showing up to protest their very being, It was funny to see just how idiotic these people really are. It is a disgrace.

I just hope for our sake it stays civil and dosent get out of control we already had enough media for that kind of stuff we dont need more.

Gobbla2001
02-23-2007, 02:03 PM
wouldn't it be great if Dave Chappelle showed up and mocked 'em... I'd pay to see that meetin'...

"Congaleeza Riceee... sounds like a Mexican dish, maybe we should send her to Mexico and the Mexicans can eat her."

smustangs
02-23-2007, 02:04 PM
wouldn't it be great if Dave Chappelle showed up and mocked 'em... I'd pay to see that meetin'...

"Congaleeza Riceee... sounds like a Mexican dish, maybe we should send her to Mexico and the Mexicans can eat her."

haha he is a great man i like his one about the white family with a very different last name prolly one of his best or the time haters haha.

Funk-d-fied
02-23-2007, 02:08 PM
And the thing was that they really didn't have a rally to try and gain support, it was more like the Klan yelling racial slurs at the crowd and hiding behind a chain fence and police officers. I remember reading an article about the rally and how much money it costed the city due to having to pay overtime for security.

Keith7
02-23-2007, 02:17 PM
this is part of our southern heretage!! let them RALLY!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

*please note the sarcasm*

footballgal
02-23-2007, 02:28 PM

Really, what could you possibly learn from either group, (or any other like type) besides hatred and racial prejudice??? :confused:

Johnny Utah
02-23-2007, 03:19 PM
Late 80's, early 90's the KKK had tried ralleys in that area, as well as in Hico. Makes you wonder why the eatery in Hico was called the Koffee Kup Kafe? Since they have just changed the name to Koffee Kup, to keep that kind of publicity to a minimum. I am from farther north and west of that area, but I am telling you, lots of racist people in that part of the state, not calling all people that that live there that, but there are more than there fair share for sure. Tarleton is probably the only ethnically balanced part of that entire area. . JMO.

Keith7
02-23-2007, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Tarleton is probably the only ethnically balanced part of that entire area. . JMO.

don't tell that to the students who threw the MLK day party

Ranger Mom
02-23-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
And the thing was that they really didn't have a rally to try and gain support, it was more like the Klan yelling racial slurs at the crowd and hiding behind a chain fence and police officers. I remember reading an article about the rally and how much money it costed the city due to having to pay overtime for security.

I remember that, but what brought that on? Weren't they from San Angelo? There is a story behind it, I just can't remember what it is!

Johnny Utah
02-23-2007, 03:52 PM
College students, young, not very wise yet. They will get the picture one of these days. Was at a playoff basketball game last night. National Anthem was playing, some young teenagers behind us were not paying attention, acting foolish, running up and down the stands. I almost came unglued!!!

Ray_BearKat
02-23-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
Really, what could you possibly learn from either group, (or any other like type) besides hatred and racial prejudice??? :confused:

+1 there is nothing to learn from these organizations...

Matthew328
02-23-2007, 07:09 PM
The Klan will prolly rally there and there won't be much made of it....its not an ethnically diverse area to say the least....Tarleton is the only place within a 50 mile radius that has any sizeable number of minorities...I've seen the old Koffe Kup Kafe and the name is implied with that place....

JR2004
02-23-2007, 07:34 PM
So will the klan be hauling in folks from the kkk capital of Texas over in Hico for this idiotic hate rally?

jason
02-23-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
The Klan will prolly rally there and there won't be much made of it....its not an ethnically diverse area to say the least....Tarleton is the only place within a 50 mile radius that has any sizeable number of minorities...I've seen the old Koffe Kup Kafe and the name is implied with that place....

i agree...also, that is a weekend of spring break so majority of students will be gone

sectionCwannabe
02-23-2007, 10:27 PM
The KKK was in amarillo about 7 months ago.

They had a peaceful demostration. They talked about immigration.

The NAACP countered the rally by throwing a BBQ/fun day, and invited everyone in the city. Was a very strong gesture and it worked, there was no violence.

I do not support the KKK but when the KKK comes to town the people protesting them are usually the ones that start the trouble. Yeah the KKK is bad, but freedom of speech is a right.

burnet44
02-24-2007, 12:36 AM
tarleton?

yeah like thats a mecca?

maybe they could rally in Mentone
about the same?

wonder if the purple aggotts will come out

luvhoops34
02-24-2007, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Late 80's, early 90's the KKK had tried ralleys in that area, as well as in Hico. Makes you wonder why the eatery in Hico was called the Koffee Kup Kafe? Since they have just changed the name to Koffee Kup, to keep that kind of publicity to a minimum. I am from farther north and west of that area, but I am telling you, lots of racist people in that part of the state, not calling all people that that live there that, but there are more than there fair share for sure. Tarleton is probably the only ethnically balanced part of that entire area. . JMO.

I lived in Brownwood for awhile back in 1995. The KKK is or was active in that area. One of the many reasons I didn't stay around. Way too much prejudice.

I agree with the freedom of speech thing, but if people would just not go to these rallies at all, the KKK would quit having them. Pesonally, I wouldn't piss on one of them if he was on fire.

STANG RED
02-24-2007, 09:49 PM
If these KKK punks had any real balls, they'd hold a rally in south Dallas.:D lol, bet that'll never happen.

mustang59
02-24-2007, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
If these KKK punks had any real balls, they'd hold a rally in south Dallas.:D lol, bet that'll never happen.

I'd say after that there would be a dramatic and sudden decrease in their membership! And you're so right, they are just a bunch of punks.

smustangs
02-24-2007, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
tarleton?

yeah like thats a mecca?

maybe they could rally in Mentone
about the same?

wonder if the purple aggotts will come out

And Angelos any better?
purple aggotts explain that one im guessing your refering to the purple poo?

Bandera YaYa
02-25-2007, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Pesonally, I wouldn't piss on one of them if he was on fire. ....me either! .....talk about back woods inbreds!!!! :rolleyes: