PDA

View Full Version : This is NOT the way to get a scholarship...

Funk-d-fied
02-23-2007, 12:25 PM
High School Athletes Inflict Self Mutilation

11:42 PM CST on Thursday, February 22, 2007

By Steven McFadden / The Dallas Morning News
sgmcfadden@dallasnews.com

Plano, Texas – Two freshmen at Plano West Senior High School have been suspended for hitting each others’ hands with hammers, according to principal Thomas Mark. The students were taken to the emergency room at Presbyterian Hospital of Plano. The extent of their injuries is not yet known.

The two young men, identified by Mark as Aaron Garza and Matthew Petrie, were attempting to imitate Texas A&M point guard Acie Law who accidentally broke his right hand during a high school basketball game. Law is the leading scorer for the 9th-ranked Aggie basketball team and an All-American candidate.

Law has gained recognition for being able to score with either hand, an ability that he attributes to being forced into playing with his left hand after his injury.

"I never expected something like this from either of them," said Jacob Batson, the Plano West basketball coach. He said that the two young men were hard working athletes that did not know they were taking it too far. "There is a difference between commitment and stupidity."

Mark had not decided the length of the students’ suspension, but he stated that there is no chance they will play basketball this season.

garageoffice
02-23-2007, 12:37 PM
Man, now that's dumb!

I had a coach that made us wear a boxing glove on our primary hand while going through drills with our other hand. I think that was a much better solution! :(

mustang59
02-23-2007, 12:37 PM
This must be one of the most stupid things I've ever heard. Now all I can wonder is which idiot volunteered to be hit first.

Phil C
02-23-2007, 12:43 PM
That was foolish and tragic. The thing also is that they took Mr. Law's words out of contex and made it into a meaning that he never meant at all.

injuredinmelee
02-23-2007, 02:12 PM
they should sterilize both young men so there is no chance they will ever reproduce.

mustang59
02-23-2007, 02:18 PM
Are you volunteering to do the job?

smustangs
02-23-2007, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
they should sterilize both young men so there is no chance they will ever reproduce.

a butter knife and rock should do the job, just use a lil iodine after its done they'll be fine

HM33
02-23-2007, 02:23 PM
"Here's Your Sign"

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-23-2007, 02:39 PM

I nominate this for Post of the Day honors.

44INAROW
02-23-2007, 02:40 PM

we'll probably be seeing them on Judge Judy or Judge Mathis soon.......... :D

LH Panther Mom
02-23-2007, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
a butter knife and rock should do the job
I bet they still have the hammer.....wonder which one would go first, this time? :eek: :eek: :p

burnet44
02-23-2007, 03:04 PM
those guys should go to A nad M

Funk-d-fied
02-23-2007, 03:06 PM
of better yet, As u...

burnet44
02-23-2007, 03:45 PM
after they graduate from Ba Ba U

then they could apply for entry
lol