PDA

View Full Version : Worse Job you ever had

Txbroadcaster
02-23-2007, 11:19 AM
What is the worst job you ever had and why?

Blastoderm55
02-23-2007, 11:20 AM
Selling Cutco knives for Vector Marketing.

Got some pretty awesome knives out of it though. :cool:

zeus63
02-23-2007, 11:21 AM
Worked for TDCJ at the Robertson Max unit. Not pleasant hanging around with criminals all day.

BuffyMars
02-23-2007, 11:23 AM
Telemarketer for Sitel. I lasted less than 2 weeks, and they were the worst 2 weeks of my life. I wanted to kill myself by the time, people were through yelling at me over the phone.

PEOPLE ARE MEAN!!! :crying:

Txbroadcaster
02-23-2007, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
Telemarketer for Sitel. I lasted less than 2 weeks, and they were the worst 2 weeks of my life. I wanted to kill myself by the time, people were through yelling at me over the phone.

I cant remember..but didnt u just leave the job on a break?

BuffyMars
02-23-2007, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I cant remember..but didnt u just leave the job on a break?

No I called Sitel the day after I made my 1st sale...and told them I just couldn't come back. That is the only job I have ever "quit", I have always put in a 2 weeks notice.

KingRob
02-23-2007, 11:28 AM
Juvenile center in Victoria. I was maintenance (I am not the maintenance type of guy), and we had to wash the kids clothes. Little punks walking around thinking they're it and they couldn't even wipe their butts right! Also, the people in admin making $8 bucks an hour thought they were it. I bet they still work there! God awful job.

burnet44
02-23-2007, 11:42 AM
picked pecans and got
fiddy cents a lb

I was 10

3 days and I was tired of it lol

Johnny Utah
02-23-2007, 11:49 AM
Pitching watermelons in the summer. WOW!!!! Tough job.

pirate4state
02-23-2007, 12:02 PM
MCI customer service rep :hairpunk:

zeus63
02-23-2007, 12:04 PM

Sitel is the worst. i worked there for a few months while I was still in college for Capital One. Hated every minute of it. I quit and went to work at Albertson's

GreenMonster
02-23-2007, 12:08 PM
Janitor at a Junior High. Girls are nasty. Especially at that age. The Girls restroom was the worst part of that job bar none.

big daddy russ
02-23-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Selling Cutco knives for Vector Marketing.

Got some pretty awesome knives out of it though. :cool:
I did the same thing when I was in 17. I also worked at a telemarketing company in Corpus for about three weeks and it's a toss-up between those two.

Blastoderm55
02-23-2007, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I did the same thing when I was in 17. I also worked at a telemarketing company in Corpus and it's a toss-up between those two.

Did it the summer after my first year of college. Crazy fools wanted me to drive in from Mathis everyday to check up with them. Had a Russian exchange student named Sly who would call me at 8 every morning to ask about sales. I did it for a few weeks and then landed in my current job. :p

RMAC
02-23-2007, 12:13 PM
Either the 2 years I worked at United where all I got was a scar, (the work sucked, but I loved the people there), or at the beginning of the summer of '05, a friend of mine and me did 1234 bails in 2 days and got paid $75 for about 20 hours of work. I was pissed, but he bought about 600 of the bails and paid me $100 to take them to his house.

big daddy russ
02-23-2007, 12:22 PM
Did it the summer after my first year of college. Crazy fools wanted me to drive in from Mathis everyday to check up with them. Had a Russian exchange student named Sly who would call me at 8 every morning to ask about sales. I did it for a few weeks and then landed in my current job. :p
Daaamn. Where'd you go to college, Beeville?

This was back in the mid-90's (I actually think they had just started in Corpus), but they told me I had to check in every day, too. Unfortunately, I lived in Ingleside, cell phones hadn't quite become all the rage (or affordable) just yet, and long distance on a land line still costed money. Money that I wasn't making at that job.

Besides, I always felt like a creep asking people for the phone numbers of their closest friends and relatives. I guess I'm just not wired to do that kind of stuff.

Blastoderm55
02-23-2007, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Daaamn. Where'd you go to college, Beeville?

This was back in the mid-90's (I actually think they had just started in Corpus), but they told me I had to check in every day, too. Unfortunately, I lived in Ingleside, cell phones hadn't quite become all the rage (or affordable) just yet, and long distance on a land line still costed money. Money that I wasn't making at that job.

Besides, I always felt like a creep asking people for the phone numbers of their closest friends and relatives. I guess I'm just not wired to do that kind of stuff.

Spent my first year at TAMUK during the '00-'01 school year. I lived in Mathis while doing the Cutco thing, and the drive wasn't too bad, I couldn't justify doing it just to tickle Pagnozzi's ego. I really hated soliciting references from relatives. Felt very sleazy. I sold some knives to some relatives but that was the extent of it.

CHS_CG
02-23-2007, 01:13 PM
Cashier at Brookshire Brothers. I hated when people would come up and hand me their food stamp card and tell me there is only 150 dollars left on there so stop when they got to the total.... mind you she had 2 baskets full of NAME BRAND food. Then when you have to stop at $150 dollars there is almost another basket full of food that YOU have to go put away.. talk about pissed me off!

piratebg
02-23-2007, 01:14 PM
The absolute worst job I had was working as a nurses aid at Drs Regional Hospital in CC. It was my coworkers that made the job miserable. The work and the patients, well most of the patients, were great.

Blastoderm55
02-23-2007, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Cashier at Brookshire Brothers. I hated when people would come up and hand me their food stamp card and tell me there is only 150 dollars left on there so stop when they got to the total.... mind you she had 2 baskets full of NAME BRAND food. Then when you have to stop at $150 dollars there is almost another basket full of food that YOU have to go put away.. talk about pissed me off!

That really ticked me off too when I worked at H-E-B. See all the welfare folks piling in with two or three baskets full of briskets and name-brand soda and then pay cash for their Bud Light. :mad: I'm not against welfare as my mom received it while going to college, but I sure hate when people have more kids just abuse the heck out of it. And then to top it off they get WIC for free milk, eggs, and gub'ment cheese. :mad: Its already free and they try to get the name brand stuff instead of the generic versions that are part of the program. :mad:

smustangs
02-23-2007, 01:24 PM
the summer of my sophmore and junior year i worked on ranch clearing out fields that had been pushed and plowed. We drove an old tractor and ran behind the trailer and loaded stumps and rocks and crap out of the field all day. We were in great shape for football but that job sucked. the trailer had a metal floor in it so no sitting on the trailer it was hot as hell

CHS_CG
02-23-2007, 01:25 PM
That really ticked me off too when I worked at H-E-B. See all the welfare folks piling in with two or three baskets full of briskets and name-brand soda and then pay cash for their Bud Light. :mad: I'm not against welfare as my mom received it while going to college, but I sure hate when people have more kids just abuse the heck out of it. And then to top it off they get WIC for free milk, eggs, and gub'ment cheese. :mad: Its already free and they try to get the name brand stuff instead of the generic versions that are part of the program. :mad:

I had one lady come in.. with 4 kids.. all over the age of atleast 10... rolled up in a new SUV.. all kids and her were on cell phones with 2 baskets of food.. on lonestar.. that ticks me off more than anything!

BuffyMars
02-23-2007, 01:27 PM

Yeah seriously, don't get me started on that issue.

What about Terry and I who were living in Tyler at the time, and together we made a combined income of about $1000-$1200 a month...and rent was $584.

You do the math.

We were living off of pots of spaghetti for as long as we could.

Thank god for Ramen noodles.

Guess how much government aid we got?

Yes...that is right...apparently we made too much money.

I love our welfare system! :thumbsup:

smustangs
02-23-2007, 01:28 PM
Wel fare is a good idea in principle but is often abused by the majority of poeple on it.

Blastoderm55
02-23-2007, 01:31 PM

What about Terry and I who were living in Tyler at the time, and together we made a combined income of about $1000-$1200 a month...and rent was $584.

You do the math.

I love our welfare system! :thumbsup:

Should have had a kid! Get a kid and the gub'ment will throw all sorts of money at you and grant you reduced housing with free cable!

Damn the system. :rolleyes:

BuffyMars
02-23-2007, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
Wel fare is a good idea in principle but is often abused by the majority of poeple on it.

I personally haven't met a person yet who doesn't abuse it. :mad:

halfnhalf
02-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Plumbing for $5.75 an hour bustin chops all day

BuffyMars
02-23-2007, 01:38 PM
Should have had a kid! Get a kid and the gub'ment will throw all sorts of money at you and grant you reduced housing with free cable!

Damn the system. :rolleyes:

I know...seriously. If we had had a kid it would have been totally different.

But thankfully, we are smarter than that, and decided long ago we would not raise a child that way.

We are finally on our feet, and still don't have kids together.

eagles_victory
02-23-2007, 01:42 PM

You do the math.

I love our welfare system! :thumbsup: look at the positives at least you knew for sure it was true love and noone was marrying for money :D

smustangs
02-23-2007, 01:42 PM

I know being in college is different than being married and stuff but ramen noodles, beanie weenies, and spam save you on short months haha.

DUKE22
02-23-2007, 01:54 PM
I worked at Joyland Amusement Park. I dont even know my job description. At times it was ok, but it made for some long Saturdays.

pirate44
02-23-2007, 01:57 PM
never had a bad job. just one that underpaid as an intern in college. i also bailed cotten for $3.25 and hour (i believe thats what min. wage was back then). also worked maintenance in a refinery in college but the pay was good. the work was tough, but i kinda enjoyed it.

DU_stud04
02-23-2007, 02:08 PM
i worked as a male prostitute, stood on the corner for a good while....business was terrible. i got tired and went back up to my room to look for a different job in the morning.

smustangs
02-23-2007, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
i worked as a male prostitute, stood on the corner for a good while....business was terrible. i got tired and went back up to my room to look for a different job in the morning.

im sure you had to be beat them off with a stick reuben dont lie and be modest to us haha

pirate4state
02-23-2007, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
i worked as a male prostitute, stood on the corner for a good while....business was terrible. i got tired and went back up to my room to look for a different job in the morning. LMAO! :clap:

SintonFan
02-23-2007, 11:13 PM

My wife worked for Sitel for 3 months in SA. She pretty much has said the same. I'm not sure if that was her worst job as I am hearing about her job now(Clarke American). :(

SintonFan
02-23-2007, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
What is the worst job you ever had and why?
Good question!
I worked for an company in SA that expected you to let's say "embellish" your billing receipts so you could actually get paid 40 hours a week, even though you put in 60. I couldn't do it even though I liked the job. :(
I have a clear conscience at least.:)