PDA

View Full Version : Basketball playoffs

garageoffice
02-23-2007, 12:53 AM
One of the best 3A games around this weekend in girls basketball should be Kennedale vs. Liberty-Eylau. I haven't seen LE yet this season, but they've been playing some good ball from everything I've been hearing. It might even be a real barn-burner!

Any other games expected to be good?

Bubba-Joe
02-23-2007, 12:57 AM
Region I girls champs will be Canyon
they spanked Abilene Wylie like a Junior High team

but don't feel sorry for Wylie - have watched that team beat some folks ugly too the past couple of years.

Wylie got a dose of thier own medicine, they (Wylie) have been know to hammer folks themselves, nasty reputation of pressing other teams with huge leads, I guess what goes around comes around..

garageoffice
02-23-2007, 01:00 AM
Yeah, doesn't look like Canyon has much competition in Region I. They've got a real powerhouse team. I saw part of a game at the Mansfield Tourney this year. They are very impressive.

JR2004
02-23-2007, 01:08 AM
I'll still stick with Kennedale. I'm sure Canyon has a deeper team, but I'll ride with a team that has two girls that can put 30 plus points on the board on any night. All Kennedale needs is for those two to stay hot and just get a little bit out of the rest of the team and they can pull this off.

garageoffice
02-23-2007, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
I'll still stick with Kennedale. I'm sure Canyon has a deeper team, but I'll ride with a team that has two girls that can put 30 plus points on the board on any night. All Kennedale needs is for those two to stay hot and just get a little bit out of the rest of the team and they can pull this off.

You make a good point. Prosper took the approach of putting their energy into stopping Mahnesmith and held her to 15 pts. Hughes went out and scored 36, though!