PDA

View Full Version : Sinton's Spec Ekin Park Finally Getting Face Lift

maroonpirate04
02-22-2007, 05:25 PM
After 2 or 3 years of considering the Spec Ekin Park getting a whole new make over with a water-fall and a new playground for the kids. Is under construction finally started this week. Not to the mention the new Fairgrounds already in construction. Now what this town needs is to remodel all the buildings downtown to bring it up to date. That would will be nice:)

Phil C
02-22-2007, 05:25 PM
:) :clap:

pirate44
02-22-2007, 05:30 PM
what a waste of money.:rolleyes: same goes for the restroom they put there. i knew back then it be no time before that thing was vandalized. did yall see how much that stupid sprinker system is costing? id like to see money put towards a nice public swimming pool ie. odem's, portlands, tafts. we are a laughing stock with our poor excuse for a pool where no kids can even get to without a vehicle.

maroonpirate04
02-22-2007, 05:39 PM
A nice swimming pool would be great. That would keep Sinton residents here in town instead leaving town just to go to a pool. They need to stick to our town slogan "Shop Sinton First" if they want the businesses to survive.

pirate4state
02-22-2007, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
what a waste of money.:rolleyes: same goes for the restroom they put there. i knew back then it be no time before that thing was vandalized. did yall see how much that stupid sprinker system is costing? id like to see money put towards a nice public swimming pool ie. odem's, portlands, tafts. we are a laughing stock with our poor excuse for a pool where no kids can even get to without a vehicle.

quit complaining :p

pirate44
02-22-2007, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
quit complaining :p
i havent complained in 8 years. give me a break

District303aPastPlayer
02-23-2007, 12:25 PM
thanks Mike for echoing my sentiments... I saw the construction this morning and the first thing i thought was... "that'll be torn apart in 2 months at the longest"

piratebg
02-23-2007, 01:12 PM
God willing the improvements will last more than two months. I think it will be kind of fun until some little pain in the butt decides to tag the whole place.

pirate44
02-23-2007, 01:44 PM
even if it never got vandalized (which it will), is all that money worth a glorified yard hose and sprinkler?

pirate44
02-23-2007, 01:45 PM
even if it never got vandalized (which it will), is all that money worth a glorified yard hose and sprinkler?
which brings up the question, was this money donated, granted from a government entity, or local tax dollars. even if it was state or federal, its still tax dollars wasted.

pirate4state
02-23-2007, 02:20 PM
I have NEVER been to that park!! LMAO!

SintonFan
02-23-2007, 02:29 PM
which brings up the question, was this money donated, granted from a government entity, or local tax dollars. even if it was state or federal, its still tax dollars wasted.
I think part of it was from a grant. The funding was in the paper a few months ago. But I bet most of you went straight to the sports section during football season.:D

Buccaneer
02-23-2007, 02:30 PM
How many of you know who Speck Eakin was?

pirate44
02-23-2007, 02:31 PM
i went to Donald Cruz's birthday party in the 4th grade there. and my dad's little league team practiced there when i was a young, young kid

piratebg
02-23-2007, 02:31 PM

I've only really ever been there once. :D

pirate4state
02-23-2007, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
How many of you know who Speck Eakin was?

Not me.

SintonFan
02-23-2007, 02:37 PM
i went to Donald Cruz's birthday party in the 4th grade there. and my dad's little league team practiced there when i was a young, young kid
Funny that. I just saw Donald not too long ago.:cool:
I remember playing basketball there quite a bit. Back when there were hoops to use.
I also remember some of those who used to frequent that place sure loved to drink those 40 oz bottles of Mickeys beer. Yessir they sure were proud of that beer, since they wanted everyone to know that's what they drank.:doh:

piratebg
02-23-2007, 02:37 PM
You mean that place is actually named after someone?

pirate44
02-23-2007, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I remember playing basketball there quite a bit. Back when there were hoops to use.
I also remember some of those who used to frequent that place sure loved to drink those 40 oz bottles of Mickeys beer. Yessir they sure were proud of that beer, since they wanted everyone to know that's what they drank.:doh:
I see pick-up games there still. i always played at the Dave Odem blacktop.

pirate4state
02-23-2007, 02:40 PM

:thinking: :thinking:

WHERE did you see him?? I thought, he was ummmm, away. ;)

SintonFan
02-23-2007, 02:43 PM

Hmmmm....
I'm getting a funky feeling from yall.
I think there might be more than one Donald?:confused:

pirate44
02-23-2007, 02:43 PM

my thoughts

SintonFan
02-23-2007, 02:47 PM
my thoughts
:doh: :doh: :doh:
I think I'm thinking of another "Donald".
For shame! My memory has abandoned me!!!:( :o

pirate4state
02-23-2007, 02:53 PM
:doh: :doh: :doh:
I think I'm thinking of another "Donald".
For shame! My memory has abandoned me!!!:( :o

More than one??? :eek: :thinking: hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

SintonFan
02-23-2007, 02:55 PM
More than one??? :eek: :thinking: hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....
lol
Yall city folk know everything that goes on in that town. I miss all the good stuff obviously.:hairpunk:

pirate4state
02-23-2007, 02:58 PM
lol
Yall city folk know everything that goes on in that town. I miss all the good stuff obviously.:hairpunk:

Not everything

maroonpirate04
02-23-2007, 03:05 PM
me and my friends and cousins used to play football in baseball field there back then people would never use the field for practice like they do now